Swimwear's alternate universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swimwear's alternate universe

I was just browsing around the TERA website and fell into rabbit hole of sorts, emerging in an alternate universe where swimwear from the early 20th century somehow survived until today. Take a peek if you dare but leave a trail of breadcrumbs so you know how to get back!

Oh the humanity...

"Wholesome wear?"

I was just browsing around the TERA website and fell into rabbit hole of sorts, emerging in an alternate universe where swimwear from the early 20th century somehow survived until today. Take a peek if you dare but leave a trail of breadcrumbs so you know how to get back!

Oh the humanity...

"Wholesome wear?"

Comment

Swim Wear Why ?
      As i was driving to work this morning channel surfing the radio in my truck A DJ was commenting that he was going on a holiday, and while shopping yesterday for dork shorts. $80.00 a pair also he was talking to a lady who was purchasing a ladies suit for $120.00 ! Its great to be a nudist !

Comment

LOL. Wholesome Wear includes a line of 'slimming suits' that both conceal the body, and give the illusion of slimness.

So 'modesty' means to hide your body in shame. But also give the impression that it is 'hotter' than it really is. LOL

Comment

"LOL. Wholesome Wear includes a line of 'slimming suits' that both conceal the body, and give the illusion of slimness.

So 'modesty' means to hide your body in shame. But also give the impression that it is 'hotter' than it really is. LOL"

Umm yeah, how do you hide your body in shame but at the same time flaunt it and make it look hotter than it would if you were naked? I just dont get that. All I basically see in these swimsuits is the sign that "Hey I hate my body and im trying to cover it up because my body is too shameful to swim nude". This is just another example of how our society is jacked up and how us nudists gotta do something about it. The last thing we need is our younger generations of women running around in this outdated swimsuits and feeling shamed and sorry about themselves and their bodies. I mean if you really must cover up, wear a bikini or something but these suits are just WAY too excessive.

Comment

When I showed my wife this she said, "Dear God! Are we back in the 19th century?" I couldn't have said it any better.
            NuTex [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I finally had to leave that page. I found it just depressing.
              [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] NuTex

Comment

I had to see it to believe it. What a waste. I was a little supprised that there wern't any men's swimwear. I went to school with a girl that was a menber of the A.U. church. I don't remember what AU stood for but I do remember they had very strict dress codes for females. Once they joined the church, they had to wear dresses or skirts which were ankle length and they were not allowed to cut their hair. I think dogma like this gives Christians an undesireable image.
                God is concerned with more than fashion.

Peace,
                Artie

Comment

You could drown in those suits! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Artie:
                    [qb] I was a little supprised that there wern't any men's swimwear. [/qb]
                    Good point, Artie! Don't men have to be "modest" too? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Oh. I forgot. The standard men's wear these days is calf-length trunks whose crotch is at about knee level. But they still allow men to go topless! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Bare nipples! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Comment

I think those swimsuits and the people who make them are sexists because they are basically saying that women need to wear a dress basically into the pool in order to be modest but hey guys can still wear their baggy ganster shorts and nothing else and theyre fine somehow, I just dont get that. I think its a sexual/gender issue and its demeaning to women, not just the fact that they make young girls wear these things, but the fact that they seem to be saying that its good for women to cover up but not men. That makes me wonder if a bunch of guys made those things.

Comment

The new "swimwear" seems to be designed for Amish people!

I grew up having issues with swimwear - it never fitted my body.

I have been to two social nude swims at a non-landed club and loved swimming in the nude! It was much easier to dry just my body.

The best swimwear is a birthday suit!

Liberty [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Comment

The post by liberty explains exactly my point on wearing swimsuits, especially for girls. I mean why should girls have to waste so much time at the fricken mall tryin to find a swimsuit, trying to pick the right color, style, etc and the buying the darn thing and paying up to 50-100 dollars for the damned thing every summer as their bodies kept growing and then like have the thing not fit or be too clingy and not being able to take it back for a refund and being out of 100 bucks, I mean all this stress just seems like its unwarranted, why not just swim nude, the NATURAL way! That way, no looking in malls for hours for that perfect swimsuit and blowing money on a useless peice of fabric, im sure many struggling families *money wise* can relate to me on this issues, I mean parents have enough trouble just making sure theres food on the table for the ******* kids, they dont need to be wasting 50 bucks on some useless peice of cloth that serves absouletly NO PURPOSE and is just annoying and gets in the way, especially when they could be putting that money towards paying off their house, feeding their kids, paying that car insurance off or paying for tuiton in college, which is not cheap by any means. This just seems like a logical point to me. I think modesty has to do with your attitude, not the way you look, its what you do with your body that counts, not the body itself. I think those wholesomewear outfits are SHAMEFUL not MODEST and I bet those kids wont be having those big smirks on their faces when they are drowning and their parents have to pay their medical bills and other things just to ensure that they live, if they dont die from drowning in the first place.

Comment

Another great point by MikeJB,
                            I think clothes in genneral cost too much. I was doing some Christmas shopping today and almost fell over when I was charged $29 for two sports logo t-shirts for my brother. I havent bought any clothes in the mall (besides shoes) for years. Today was a reminder why. Since I do have to wear clothes in public I buy my clothes at Good Will and save a lot of money that way. As far as swim-clothes, the only pair of trunks I have were given to my by an old roomate in college. We wanted to go swiming at his girlfriends apartment complex and skinny dipping was not allowed.
                            Anymore, if I can't go some place an dswim nude, I would rather not go.

Artie

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Macanudist:
                              [qb] I was just browsing around the TERA website and fell into rabbit hole of sorts, emerging in an alternate universe where swimwear from the early 20th century somehow survived until today. Take a peek if you dare but leave a trail of breadcrumbs so you know how to get back!

Oh the humanity...

"Wholesome wear?" [/qb]
                              Hi..What it is..These people know that some are complaining about the skimpy swimwear and they see DOLLAR signs. They can make some money off these gullible people and they are taking advantage of the opportunity. Did you notice the prices of this so call swim wear? Some people would buy a pile of cr*p if you're a good enough salesman. People who buy these for swimwear for their children are probably the same ones who claim to be christian but are molesting the little boys and girls while at the same time putting on a front of goody two shoes. these people think that your an evil person just because you show a little skin or enjoy nudity of some sort, where nudity is not the problem, the problem is this type of people who have warped views on nudity. Nudity is not the evil part. I also noticed that they have no way of contacting them except over the phone. Guess they are afraid to hear from anyone. I left a huge trail of bread crumbs but they will probably just pick them up following after me..People like this tick me off and to think that they are teaching their children this Idea. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Cheers..Keithmj

Comment

Working...
                              X