Am I unreasonable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I unreasonable

I am male and have a well toned body. I am also waxed completely from the neck down. Am I therefor unreasonable if I answer the door naked? I may be odd in the fact that I am completely unselfconscious.

Re: Am I unreasonable

I imagine if the wax is thick enough on you that it would be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by cadwalladr1 View Post
      I am male and have a well toned body. I am also waxed completely from the neck down. Am I therefor unreasonable if I answer the door naked? I may be odd in the fact that I am completely unselfconscious.
      Open the door only to close friends who know about your waxing and would not be disgusted by your being nude and waxed.
      However, for all others, put a robe on before opening the door.
      Last edited by David77; 12-17-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

When you answer the door naked you're always taking a chance of some sort of backlash. It could be a neighbour at your door who might choose to complain to the authorities after encountering you nude at your door. It may even be an agent of your local Sheriff's office at your door and that in itsself could be disasterous for you. You can attribute all that animosity to the general schitzophrenia of the overall populous of the people in any given community, people who seem so shocked and appalled by the sight of a nude human being when they all forget that they are indeed naked when they shower and/or bathe everyday. Such hypocracy and self-denial that seems to plague our Society in the worst possible way.

Whilst I reailly can understand that it is your home and your property, still I'm afraid a stranger or even someone who knows you to some degree but not know ahead of time and accept the fact that you practise home nudism would most likely react to the sight of you nude at your door and all hell could break loose for you. Things could get potentially nasty in a hurry and I could never wish that on anyone. That's why I'm suggesting strong caution against answering the front door naked here.

Comment

of course it's unreasonable. And the fact that you may be well-toned and waxed have nothing to do with it. Depending on the laws in your area, answering the door nude to an unsuspecting audience could open you up to all sorts of potential charges which could spell disaster for you.

Comment

cadwalladr1 - why would you want to answer the door naked? You know it could shock or offend visitors to your home - do you actually want to do that?

I agree with the other people here who say or imply that you are being unreasonable - and rude and discourteous to visitors to your home - if you do this.

Slipping on a bathrobe before answering the door takes just a moment and saves causing others shock or angst.

Stu

Comment

Silly question. Answer - YES, of course!!!

Comment

Reasonable is not the issue or your physical appearance. How smart are you an what price are you willing to pay . When you open your door you are now public unless you clearly post a warning by lingual . If you live on private property it is more reasonable ,apartment buliding most likely go to jail time.a good idea move to a colony now called resorts ,take the door off the place completely put yourself on display an see if anyone cares ,this may take the thrill out opening the door nude ,good luck with thease ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Stu2630 View Post
                  You know it could shock or offend visitors to your home - do you actually want to do that?
                  Yes Stu, I believe that's the point.

"Am I being unreasonable?" Anyone who asks such a question already knows the answer but is hoping for some validation. It actually sounds like a made up post trolling for reactions...

Comment

I am male and have a well toned body. I am also waxed completely from the neck down. Am I therefor unreasonable if I answer the door naked?
                    Well toned and waxed? Oh ... in that case it is OK.

Comment

Think about the advise you are given here. These people are not in jail and are able to pay for internet (at least have some money or are employed). Many are married.

Those opening the door nude could get a visit by law enforcement. It may be exposed (pun intended) in their local paper and talked about at work. They may be fired--no money for mortgage/rent payments or internet. Their spouse may divorce them. Their neighbors may try to run them out of the neighborhood if not forced to move anyway. Et cetera.

They won't be online to offer any opinions. They may no longer think opening their door nude is a good idea.

Comment

Out of three very close male friends, two of them I have gone to nudist resorts with them, and the third close friend comes from out of town and stays at my house for five days and has no worry about his being nude around the house for short periods of time.
                        They usally have the courtesy to call first to see if I will be home and then we can agree on the approximate time they will arrive.
                        I can view visitors on the front porch out of a curtained elevated window without them seeing me, if they did not know this is my approach.
                        If I am not dressed (nude) I would have no qualms about answering the door in the nude for these close friends.

For any other visitor, I would at least appear at the door with walking shorts or robe.

Comment

As others have said or implied, you can't be serious.

The law (in most places) bars the public display of genitals. You know that. Do you really think being "well toned and waxed" exempts you from the law -- and common courtesy ???

I'm happy that you are pleased with yourself and are not self conscious. Those can be positive attributes. But, in the context of your question, you come across as an exhibitionist wannabe.

Sorry.

Comment

ok i'll be the one to say it .....his thinking is not quite right ...DUH

Comment

MY body is NOT "well toned". So, YOU can answer the door nude, and I can NOT? Foolish question. No one using common sense would answer his/her door nude. That's just asking for trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X