How to get wife interested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get wife interested

I spend most evenings naked watching TV, etc. around the house. My wife doesn't feel comfortable going naked even at home (except in the bedroom). I badly want her to try, and to go to a nudist resort, too. (My birthday is coming up, and a trip to a resort is what I want as a gift.) Any ideas how to get her into nudism, or is it a lost cause?

I spend most evenings naked watching TV, etc. around the house. My wife doesn't feel comfortable going naked even at home (except in the bedroom). I badly want her to try, and to go to a nudist resort, too. (My birthday is coming up, and a trip to a resort is what I want as a gift.) Any ideas how to get her into nudism, or is it a lost cause?

Comment

Travisg do you have a hot tub or pool at your place of residence? they can be great ice breakers, how our your children adaptingto your nudity?

Comment

travis. it will take a lot to get her out of her shell.

All I can say right now is do what you are doing right now. Be naked and give her space. You may also want to direct her to some nudist websites specifically for reluctant women. (Note I said direct her, as in prividing the URls for her and leaving it up to her to go there.)

Talk to her about your want to go to a nudist park. As George said, if you have a hot tub or swimming pool, suggest a dip in there. Tell her to try going without clothes after a shower. No nagging or insistence, just a once-in-a-while calm suggestion. She may never become a naturist, she may. It's all a waiting game. Just be patient.

Bob S.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have a pool or hot tub. You're right -- that would be the best. I guess I just need to give her time.

The kids tend to stay in another room when they think I'm nude, but I get no bad reaction if the walk in on me, or I walk in on them. Time will tell.

Trav

Comment

There are a couple of questions that may determine whether you wife can be comfortable as a nudist.
            1. Is she comfortable with you being naked around her and around the kids?
            2. Would she be comfortable around you and other people that are naked while staying dressed herself?

If the answer to both is yes, I would suggest you find a local place that you can go where you can be alone, outdoors, and be naked. Such as a hike to a pond,lake or river that is secluded where you can go skinny dipping. If she joins you skinny dipping and she enjoys it you may be able to take her to a clothing optional resort.
            I am very lucky...my wife is not a nudist but she does not object to me being naked around the house. She goes to clothing optional resorts and a private clothing optional beach with me. Sometimes she will undress to swim. She also lets me go to the beach and resorts by myself. It is always more enjoyable when she goes with me.

Comment

Travisg
              I, like you and many other men, had the the same basic problem about my wife gong nude. But she and I both now belong to a nudist club and enjoy it very much.
              How did I get her to try it? I didnt push or nag.
              She, like many women, had hang up's about being nude around others, body image thing. What I did was to express my desire to try a nudist club at least once(yes, she thought I had lost it). She didnt really want to discuss it much.
              So what did was to go to different sites dealing with issues concerning women in nudism. I copied them off the internet and wound up with a book!
              I gave them to her to read at her leisure and didnt ask a thing. I was'nt sure she was reading them until she asked a few questions. But read them she did.
              I found a club to go to on a freebies day and the rest is history. Did she want to back out? Yes, but when we got there,she liked it so much she wanted to join.We plan on buying a site there soon and move there when we retire (her idea and I'm all for it!).
              So give your wife space on the issue, be caring about her feelings on the issue of her personal self and being nude. It may take time, but once she tries it, she will leave you in the dust heading for a nice nudist club.
              Any way, wish the best for you and yours and your pursuit of the woderful life of nudism.

Comment

Go very slow and be patient. I told my wife that I wanted to go during an open house, and she very reluctantly agreed. Surprisingly, she had no problem being nude immediately infront of others. We went a couple more times, over a period of a year and then I told her I had to join as they only allowed 3 visits without joining. Now we have traveled to nude beaches, been to many resorts, and she has no problem with it except for her one remaining hangup. I want to go on a nude cruise and she says no. She will happily spend a week at Haulover Beach in Florida, but the idea of the cruise frightens her. We have been going nude for 18 years now.

Comment

I think nudism could do without these obsessive husband types trying to coerce their family into going naked. Their just creepy.

Comment

Tia,

Perhaps you could explain how you think nudism would benefit from excluding people who want to share the joys of clothes free living with the ones they love?

Rik

Comment

Tia, that is how a lot of people come into the lifestyle, when a nudist man marries a non-nuidist woman ( or vice-versa) and then wants to share his favorite pasttime with his beloved partner.

Whom one falls in love with is not up for discussion for the heart. So the one you love is not a nudist, she may have hundreds of other positive qualities about her, enough that you two get along so well that you want to marry. After the marriage, the husband then decides to try to persuade his wife to join him in his nudist pursuits.

Kristen wrote about how she got her friend to skinny-dip with her while camping. Was she wrong to want to share that experience with her friend? No.

There are good ways to introduce others into the lifestyle and bad ways. Gentle persuasion is a good way, forcing it upon someone is a bad way. Using the facts to try to convinve someone else about the benefits is a good way, deceit and coersion is a bad way. Patience and accepting that it may take a while, if ever, is a good way, obsessing about it and getting angry that the other person is not agreeing with you is a bad way.

And one more thing, as has been said around these boards, a lot of parks will not allow unaccompamied married men so the only way they can get in would be to bring the family (at least the wife).

Bob S.

Comment

Hey travis,

Patience is the key. I am experiencing the same thing as you are. My wife is very much against being nude even at home. Once in a while, on a hot summer nite, she will sit and watch tv with me nude (lights out, of course!!). She is very paranoid that someone will see her from outside. She does not have a problem with my nudity, as I am nude 90% of the time I am home. She does roll her eyes sometimes...especially when I mow and work in the backyard in the buff.
                        Right now, I am just doing my own thing and hoping to be an influence on her. I pray alot too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

This weekend, my son (13) was over and I did not get dressed. So far he is the only other person besides the wife I have gone nude in front of. I thought she would blow a gasket...but she did not and did not even mention it after we took him home. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Give her time and space...and drop the occasional hint from time to time. One other thing I have done is to put some "not so frontal" nude pictures on my computer desktop to further "expose" her to casual nudity.

Comment

You might try visiting a CO beach while on vacation. Many women shed some of their inhibitions while on vacation since they won't see anyone they know.

Comment

gamblefish: I share your problems as well. This is the first summer, that I have actually gone nude in front of the family. My wife is against me being nude in front of the kids, so I cover up while inside the house, but as for being outside, I am nude. I, too, have also worked in the backyard nude, and as your wife, mine also "rolls her eyes". But hopefully she will come around someday. She knows I don't like to wear clothes, but I will bend a little, especially when she has reservations about my nudity in front of the kids. When I get home, and there are no kids around, I'll strip in no time flat, and she is becoming more acceptable of this practice. For now, I'll stay covered (with a towel) while inside and there are kids around, just to let her know I'll respect her wishes.

Comment

Hey NudeM,
                              It's good that you bend a little to respect her wishes. Like everything else in a marriage there must be give and take. When I get home I strip down immediately just like you. My son lives with my ex so we only see him a couple of times a week. He has come over once since my last post and I did not dress that time either (except to go out front [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ). He does not seem uncomfortable with it but at his age he doesn't express his feelings too much. I am hopeful that my wife will come "out of her shell" but for now I wait and pray and give her time. Forcing this on someone is definitly out of the question...it must be and individual decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X