Nudist Lifestyle in Resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudist Lifestyle in Resume

I have been looking for work and have been wondering, do you or would you put that you are a nudist/naturist or enjoy a clothing free lifestyle under hobbies/interests in your resume?

If you have, what sort of reaction have you had and did you get the job?

If you are an employer, would this make you think differently of the person (good/bad)?

I have been looking for work and have been wondering, do you or would you put that you are a nudist/naturist or enjoy a clothing free lifestyle under hobbies/interests in your resume?

If you have, what sort of reaction have you had and did you get the job?

If you are an employer, would this make you think differently of the person (good/bad)?

Comment

There is a lady in our nudist group who got her current job from a recommendation from another member of the club. She is open about her nudism and everyone at her work knew when she started.

Comment

Several job aplications I've seen have a place for club/organization affiliation. I would usually put my car club down but I wasn't a member of a nudist club then. I think now I'd put AANR member down and not worry about it unless they ask what that is, then if they ask,I'd tell them. But now I'm self-employed and hoping to never look for a job again, but if I do , I wouldn't hesitate to put it down. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Do Not put your Nudist Life on.

Comment

The only way I would mention being a nudist on a resume is if I'm seeking a job at a nudist resort. Anywhere else it could jeopardize your chance of being hired if they consider social nudism to be abnormal as some people do. If it won't help you get the job why mention it?

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by NudeNFree81:
              [qb] I have been looking for work and have been wondering, do you or would you put that you are a nudist/naturist or enjoy a clothing free lifestyle under hobbies/interests in your resume?
              [/qb]
              Non job-related hobbies / interest are not relavent for most professional occupations, and should not be placed on a resume. Look on monster dot com for advice. Unless this is for nudist work, then it is not job related, and should not clutter up a resume. If you do anyway, plan on being quietly placed in file 13.
              Also, ill advisable to praise God for your accomplishments..most moderate minded recuiters shy away from those also.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by BrianM:
                [qb] Non job-related hobbies / interest are not relavent for most professional occupations, and should not be placed on a resume. Look on monster dot com for advice. Unless this is for nudist work, then it is not job related, and should not clutter up a resume. If you do anyway, plan on being quietly placed in file 13.
                Also, ill advisable to praise God for your accomplishments..most moderate minded recuiters shy away from those also. [/qb]
                I disagree. Non job-related hobbies/interests are relavent. I've been laid off twice within the past 2 years. First time for 3 months, the second time for 3 weeks. On my resume I included that I'm a Cubmaster, VP of Little League baseball, started a Jeep club and was VP, etc.. all those shows leadership, personality, and an effort to do more. I work as a Senior Database Administrator and the abilty to take charge and be proactive is a good trait. Combining all the interviews and contacts I had (at least 60 different contacts, most of them contracting/placement firms) none of them suggested I take that off. They had suggestions about formatting other info to be highlighted for a particular job, but they apparently agreed that those showed my character in a good light.

I could not count how many times I got into discussions about Jeeps, Scouting, running a BBS for 12 years, etc.. stuff that had NOTHING to do with the job, but it was an opportunity to have some personality bonding time. If you've ever done any interviewing, you find you can find people with the technical skills and the right price often enough.. then it's picking someone that you think you can get along with and that the rest of the team will get along with.

Personality goes a LONG way. I usually get an offer for most positions I interview with too.. When I was laid off for 3 months last Spring, I had only one actual interview with a firm that was hiring (probably 40 or so with placement firms) and I got that job. This was when all IT folk had stories of going 3 to 6 to 9 months without an interview--it was not uncommon for horror stories like that.

I just started working 2 weeks ago.. I had three real (not with placement firms) interviews during a 2 week period and got 2 offers. The other job had interviewed over 35 people already and had been looking for many months, so I didn't take it personally.

Comment

Yesterday in our the Sauna meeting one school teacher told me how few years ago somehow it came known at his job he had visiting c/o beach, Baltic seaside.

Even such small knowledge was enough for school directriss invited him to "coffee" and explained he should write "own will" if not want be fired imediately with smeared job history doccument.

No job "with children" if "Your moral stand is foggy" she said.

He little thought about to go to court, but who knows the court decision, and what if judge assume the nudist backround MAY harm children, then he loose any job in speciality forever, but now he simply find it in other school after shorter or longer time.

Really sad story, but lesson is clear - dont risk TOO much when You dont know the reaction while self are totally dependant on it. Or other words, dont pull the big cat by moustage.

Comment

Imagine a future day when such a teacher is invited to coffee and warned that he has not been thinking of the well-being of his students by carelessly failing to take them the beach for nude sunbathing and swimming. The principal tells the teacher, "Students in the far north do not get many chances to make vitamin D and their bodies need to be in the sun for this to happen. Also students everywhere need to learn the positive body image that nude recreation provides, so I expect you to plan this field trip at once!"

Then the teacher apologizes for selfishly going alone to the nude beach and agrees to take his students very soon.

Johny, we have a long way to go and I agree that as important as it is to promote nudism, we must be very careful how we do so.

Comment

My feelings on disclosing to others I am a nudist is strictly on a case by case basis...and with looking for work myself in an area that is more open to social nudism, I still keep my mouth and thoughts closed when disclosing this info to others...after all one never knows how others will react to those who are nudists and good paying jobs are getting harder and harder to come by in these days [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

When looking for work, there is a lot more at stake than telling those you come in contact with where you opt to deprogram in your free time...*Note, telling the world one is a nudist is a great idea until it comes down to needing that special place/cave we all go to...and then as the saying goes, one is company (select few), but more than that, is a crowd [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Greensunshine in the Pacific NW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Chief78CJ7:
                        [qb] On my resume I included that I'm a Cubmaster, VP of Little League baseball, started a Jeep club and was VP, etc.. all those shows leadership, personality, and an effort to do more. [/qb]
                        Since those show character and / or leadership traits that support the position you were applying to, I would agree that you could mention them. I guess you didn't mention that you were a nudist? Be certain that I do not think it is wrong, but to the original question, it would be inappropriate to mention in most circumstances.

Comment

I have sat on interview panels for job applicants lots of times and I can say that it wouldn't concern me in the slightest if a candidate declared themselves to be a naturist.

Any employer who would hold that against a job applicant is an idiot.

Sorry!

Stu

Comment

Brian and Chief are on the same page. If a job you are applying for requires leadership, you should put on the resume as many leadership positions held. If you head a successful nudist group, that could be included. If you are interviewing for a computer-related job, you could put that you manned the computers at a nudist park.

However, if you are just a member of the AANR and have done nothing major, there is no reason to put it on the resume.

Bob S.

Comment

Gotta agree with Ron, this is a no brainer. Resumes get you the interview, the interview gets you the job. I've screened up to 50 resumes for 3-5 interview slots. Anything controversial will get you off the list. Also, resumes are loaded for the job. If experience is important, you focus on experience. If tech/education is important, focus on that. If you are applying at a resort, c/o or otherwise, add it. If you belong to a recreation club and have served on a board, or chaired a commitee, add it. No need to disclose that it was a c/o club. Board members at a nude club have a tougher job than the textiled folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X