The Naked Goddess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Naked Goddess

I have a whole page on my website dedicated to all women called "The Naked Goddess". Throughout my childhood and teenage years (due to an overbearing mother), I experienced body shame. I had to wear shoes when company came (because I have funny little toes that curve under), and I was constantly criticized for my imperfections. The day I was dragged kicking and screaming to a nude beach by an ex boyfriend in 1976, was the day I found ME-the perfectly imperfect me. I know, that the word "naked" MIGHT have a sexual connotation for many people; however, I love the word "naked" actually better then the word "nude". The word "nude" is a camoflaged meaning for being "naked" and has a much stronger meaning then the word "nude". Being naked means that I FEEL FREE to express the naked me - the me that doesn't need to "cover up" the true essence of the "Naked Goddess within me". It means that I absolutely accept my body as it is with all it's flaws and imperfections. The nudist lifestyle changed my life in the most positive ways and helped me to discover "body glory" instead of "body shame".

Linda
    www.thepinkchick.com

Re: The Naked Goddess

I agree that naked is a better term than nude. My wife should take your advice and stop her body shame.

Comment

The element of shame about what is natural about the human body is a learned one. Pinklady, you learned early on in your life that there indeed is nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to the human body and that self-acceptance is the basis of a healthier state of mind. So many people in this world need to take on that healthier state of mind and just let go of all the inhibitions that have been put upon humanity by centuries of lies that were designed specifically to instill a false sense of fear and control into people by making them somehow feel ashamed of thier own bodies for some reason. I'm just so glad you were able to break away from those bounds at an early enough age so that you could have a chance to enjoy your life alot more than if you wouldn've been able to break away. I congratulate you and I'm delighted that you have chosen to join us in our chats here in the CFI forums.

Comment

It's hard for 25-yr-old American women nowadays to understand what the world was like for a 25-yr-old woman in 1976. And yet there are so fewer opportunities now for young American women to experience "the perfectly imperfect naked me." In 1976, people were still learning how to talk openly about sex. Young women (and young men) were caught in the crossfire of Hippies, Hefner, Greer and NOW. Today, both genders in this age group are socially primed to treat each other as equals, there is very little mystery about anatomy, and they are used to talking to each other openly, but there is still sort of structural lag in the way social institutions continue to treat nakedness as if were the 1950s. So, firstly, I think there is a huge opportunity for "older goddesses" to mentor young women, and to make sure they have opportunities to discover "body glory." They don't have to wait for boyfriends to drag them kicking and screaming to a nude beach. Other women can help show the way and set the tone and expectations. Then, secondly, maybe this time time around, it will be the women who will bring along their "boyfriends" and friends who are guys. Worrying about "flaws and imperfections" is, afterall, a gender-shared anxiety best cured together.

Comment

What do you say to someone who says "Oh I can't go to a nudist resort. I need to lose 20 pounds or my hips are too big, etc. etc. etc."? If they came to a nudist or clothing optional resort, they would see that nobody has a perfect body. If I had waited until my body was perfect, I would have never had my first nudist experience in 1976 and then again in the early 90's when I joined Glen Eden. I was still living in Southern California at that time. Since then, I have had 8 hernia surgeries (3 different scars), and I don't even see those scars nor am I self conscious about them. And then there are people no matter what size they are have body acceptance immediately. Recently we started posting our Caliente singles dinners on a non nudist dating site with the idea that nudists have to start somewhere. Within a time or two, many of these people (men and women), are becoming nudists before our very eyes. It is very exciting for them and for us. I recently invited a gentleman who had never experienced nudism before to spend the day at the pool with me (our first date). He was scared to death. When he arrived, I brought him to the chairs I had saved for us. Then I excused myself and went to the restroom, so he would not feel self conscious about removing his clothes in front of me. I came back a few minutes later, and he was nude. He was so blown away by how non sexual the environment was and how friendly and sociable everyone was, and he was so grateful that I brought him there that he said his life was never going to be the same again and that he felt like he had finally found himself. It was very rewarding for me as well to see him transform and find peace and acceptance within himself.

www.pinkchick.com

Comment

I am very happy for you in regards to your experience. Aren't you glad that you were "dragged kicking and screaming" to that nude beach? You never would have discovered your true self as you described. I too agree that the word "naked" is much stronger than the word "nude." I have always preferred that word over the other in my conversations. Your use of the word "body glory" is totally awesome! Once again, I commend you on accepting the nudist lifestyle. I too had overbearing parents who insisted on covering almost every part of the human body possible when company came over. Being that I grew up in a very strict religious family, I am sure you can understand where I am coming from. Except for taking baths or showers, nudity had no place in our home. If I even ran around the house naked as a child, I got smacked on the behind hard! Anyway, this is a very interesting and happy post to read. I hope you will continue to indulge in this lifestyle and benefit from it as much as possible. Take care and congrats once again!

Ken Palmer

Originally posted by pinklady View Post
            I have a whole page on my website dedicated to all women called "The Naked Goddess". Throughout my childhood and teenage years (due to an overbearing mother), I experienced body shame. I had to wear shoes when company came (because I have funny little toes that curve under), and I was constantly criticized for my imperfections. The day I was dragged kicking and screaming to a nude beach by an ex boyfriend in 1976, was the day I found ME-the perfectly imperfect me. I know, that the word "naked" MIGHT have a sexual connotation for many people; however, I love the word "naked" actually better then the word "nude". The word "nude" is a camoflaged meaning for being "naked" and has a much stronger meaning then the word "nude". Being naked means that I FEEL FREE to express the naked me - the me that doesn't need to "cover up" the true essence of the "Naked Goddess within me". It means that I absolutely accept my body as it is with all it's flaws and imperfections. The nudist lifestyle changed my life in the most positive ways and helped me to discover "body glory" instead of "body shame".

Linda
            www.thepinkchick.com

Comment

A wonderous innovation in thinking to refer to our view of ourselves as "body glory". How cool to be here in history when it was first mentioned!!

I would definitely rank this phrase alongside the other innovative one I love, "No-collar worker" as in Blue-collar, White-collar, etc.!

~
              Last edited by Centauri4; 06-09-2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

When I told my mom that I went to my first nudist resort (Glen Eden) in the early 90's, she was shocked (and that it is putting it mildly). I couldn't hide it from her. She called me right after I went (not knowing) and told me that she had a dream that I was walking around naked in the driveway. I laughed and confessed instantly. There were lots of fights over the years about it "Oh you're going there again"; but she eventually had to accept it. My father would get a smile on his face, and you could tell he would have gone in a second. I was not allowed to tell our relatives (some of them being Orthodox Jews), but my dad was bursting at the seams wanting to tell them. In the middle of a family event, he would burst out "look she's got an all over tan". My father passed away 11 years ago and my mother 10 months ago. I no longer hide it, and all my relatives know now. I even told a family friend, an Orthodox Jew, and she was not judgmental at all. She asked if I was happy, and I said yes; and she said that is what is most important (my happiness).

Comment

Originally posted by Centauri4 View Post
                  A wonderous innovation in thinking to refer to our view of ourselves as "body glory". How cool to be here in history when it was first mentioned!!

I would definitely rank this phrase alongside the other innovative one I love, "No-collar worker" as in Blue-collar, White-collar, etc.!

~
                  Ahh yes Body Glory. That is what it feels like.

Comment

Working...
                  X