Taking A Chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking A Chance

In this poll, readers may choose 2 risks that they would take to be in the nude.

In this poll, readers may choose 2 risks that they would take to be in the nude.

Comment

Of all the choices the last one is the only one to consider. Getting acceptance of nudity will never come by doing the many stupid things suggested. In fact such actions would only set back our attempts at being accepted

Comment

Although I "generally" agree with the oldman, I cannot agree completely. Some things done by nudist could hurt the movement and add fuel to the ever burning fire that we are weird, nuts, sex maniacs, whatever.

On the other hand, many months ago I used phrase from a movie I like. "Pushing the envelop". It's been used lately and I think that nudist before us Pushed that envelop to get us where we are today. The first nudist to find a beach and get naked and continue to do that until the beaches we have now are at least recognized as nude beaches took a chance and did something dangerous, different daring. We no longer have to hide in "nudist colonies" but rather have 4-5 star nude resorts to visit. Clubs and other nudist venues are popping up everywhere. It was because someone way back took that chance and went against the norm and did something innocent enough in public and in the nude to get us noticed. I have to disagree that sitting at home on your couch watching TV in the nude will somehow help the nudist movement. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

The question is, would I be the only one doing these things? I won't say I'm not a risk taker, because I've taken risks in being nude where I shouldn't have--particularly since I got caught once. Al though it was mentioned to someone else, who in turn asked me about it, I didn't get into trouble over it.

I would gladly perform in a nude play with other nude people. I'm always nude at home. Like theoldman the only one there I would do alone is the last one.

Comment

i don't think all of the things suggested are stupid as they mgiht be allowed somewhere, like at a nudist resort. but i go to work nude everyday since i work out of my house. i also would perform on a broadway show nude if i was a performer and the show had nudity in it. i would also do all the other things nude if society was not so hung up on anti-nudity.

Comment

The poll questions didn?t suit me so I didn?t vote but I like the topic. I am over 60 and regret not taking more chances than I have in my life. I believe that I am basically a lucky person so on balance the chance taking would have turned out well and made life more exciting.

?Taking a chance? in nudity is what makes nudity so much fun with very little serious risk. Some chances I have taken ?

-The very first time, suggesting to my wife that we go to a nudist beach
              -Walking nude down a NON clothes free beach when there is (probably) nobody else around)
              -Walking nude up a bush track to the top of a small mountain
              -Trying to encourage friends and relatives to skinny dip in our pool or walk naked up the paddock (you win some you lose some !)
              -Announcing to my (textile) relatives that we go to nudist beaches ? shock/disapproval level fairly high
              -Announcing to friends that we go to nudist beaches ? NIL shock/disapproval level (what does that say about my relatives)
              -Walking nude a mile or so into a neighbours farm without them knowing we are nudists
              -When at a clothes free beach, walking away from the beach area, around the rocks ? how far can you go before reaching the point that you might offend or surprise someone
              -When visiting textile friends, when waking in the middle of the night, walking nude to the toilet and back.

A while back I saw an article in a newspaper/magazine in which the reporter was researching how far could a man walk away from a beach dressed only in his underpants (underpants no more revealing than Speedo swimmers). In Australia men often wear underpants on or near the beach and nobody minds and perhaps to shops very close by, BUT how far could you go before eyebrows would be raised and how far before complaints start ? Who is prepared to take the chance and test the boundaries ?

JAMES [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I frequently wear loose, button front boxers and a t-shirt out and about during summer months..ie grocery store, bank, running errands, etc... Nobody has seemed to notice or cared, that I can tell.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by miguelito:
                  [qb] I frequently wear loose, button front boxers and a t-shirt out and about during summer months..ie grocery store, bank, running errands, etc... Nobody has seemed to notice or cared, that I can tell. [/qb]
                  I do the same thing..You have to get use to wearing them but after awhile it doesn't bother you. It is like the first time going nude. No one really cares or seems to notice and if they do they don't say anything, beside what can they say? Cheers...NoodJuggler

Comment

My biggest risk was being nude on the back porch in the middle of the day. On second thought it
                    was prpbably more risky putting my picture in my profile.

Comment

I've jogged past, [and with], a number of police officers, including some senior ones, on Swanbourne Beach, Perth.

But they were nude too, so I suppose that doesn't count!

Comment

Cops like being nude too.

Comment

FireProf said:

"We no longer have to hide in "nudist colonies" but rather have 4-5 star nude resorts to visit. Clubs and other nudist venues are popping up everywhere."

That's great! So why continue to "push the envelope"? What do you hope to achieve?

Stu

Comment

Because it's "pushing the envelope" which helps to reduce the ignorance about naturism and thus encourage more people and more facilities.

Rik

Comment

Exactly,

More publicity equals more public knowledge of our wholesome lifestyle. Which in turn equals more and more members in our clubs and less and less discrimination based solely on our desire to participate in nude recreation activities. If you know some one who participates in these activities then you may be less inclined to believe that all nudists are a bunch of nut jobs, depending on the individual in question of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X