Calling all true REDHEADS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all true REDHEADS!!!

How do you protect your skin from burning which hurts oh so bad? Some reds can tan (it would seem my boys would be two of them dammit, lol) but mostly all i do is burn or nothing at all.
    Any sugestions? Mahalo!

How do you protect your skin from burning which hurts oh so bad? Some reds can tan (it would seem my boys would be two of them dammit, lol) but mostly all i do is burn or nothing at all.
    Any sugestions? Mahalo!

Comment

Try using a sunblock with a 15 or even a 30 rating. There are some on the market for babies also. If I go early in summer and I don't have my usual tan, I have a sport creme that is rated 15 I use, although I normally go with an 8 like Coppertone.

Comment

i use an umbrella or stay under a tree. if that is not possible, use a good hat and sunscreen all over.....

Comment

I can get good color sometimes, though I try not to be out there where I burn. I got a bad burn once due to stupidity and I learned better. This year I have not been as good with the sunscreen, but I also have to be clothed when I go outside around here so I wear a hat and reflective (white) clothes.

As for sunscreen, you might have to throw out the idea of tanning and put on a 45. Though there are suggestions that sunscreen might be harmful now, I haven't done the research.

With a burn, just rip open an aloe plant - don't go for creams and sprays and from my experience NEVER use Solarcaine on a sunburn. I did that once and was itching to the point of near insanity - I am not exaggerating --- I was jumping out of my skin, screaming, crying, and my full body was itching. My mom had to rub the aloe plant onto me right there when I hopped out of the shower. This was the burn I mentioned before.

Comment

I never put into consideration the fact that "redheads" are more susceptible to sunburn. Thank you for shedding light (pun intended) on this interesting subject.

I'm a dark blonde, by the way.

Stuart

Comment

Vampire strength 2000spf, stay in the shade, or only go out at night!

Comment

I am not a red head but my niece and nephew are, and they fry every time they are in the sun unless the use at least spf15. My wife is part Norwegian and burns easily. Use Coppertone sport spf 30. Put it on every 2 hours even it you do not swim or sweat. My wife burns very easily, if she puts on spf30 on every 2 hours she gets a nice tan and does not burn. It also helps if you stay in the shade from 10am –2pm. I use the Coppertone sport spf30 on my face and baldhead as it is sweat proof and does not irritate my eyes when I run and seat like crazy. Other sunscreens that I have tried have ran in my eyes and burned or irritated my face worse than sunburn. If you use the spray lotion make sure you get all of your skin covered or you will end up with red blotches all over.
                Oh yea I've heard too that a hairy body gives you a natural spf of 10!

HairyHomer

Comment

50 spf...don't leave home without it...LOL

Comment

Some of my kin are very fair-skinned blondes and they have the same problem that red-heads do. They should not even try to get a dark tan. It ain't gonna happen.

In the Sunny South, folks both fair and dark need to control their exposure to sunlight. They have dealt with the situation for generations by avoiding midday sun and wearing hats when they do go out.

Comment

I am a very fair blonde. I generally use about an SPF 30. I also make sure I get a waterproof lotion. Coppertone is good. I have been badly burned when water has been involved. I also use the non-oil product (Coppertone) because my skin is very sensitive.

Comment

Former redbeard here...now nearly white...always burned never tanned..hate sunscreen...confine my naturist time to usually before 9 and after 3...hair helps very little

Comment

Working...
                        X