Question for the artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the artist

While at our annual Bare Buns run, I noticed a man painting something. I started to walk behind him to see what he was painting but did not want to do anything that may be considered rude so I did not look at his painting. I noticed he did change colors a few times so I knew it was work in progress.
    So for those artist on our board, would it have been rude for me look at the painting? Do you think it may have bothered him if I said anything?I admire people who can paint and let me assure you I would have been polite.

While at our annual Bare Buns run, I noticed a man painting something. I started to walk behind him to see what he was painting but did not want to do anything that may be considered rude so I did not look at his painting. I noticed he did change colors a few times so I knew it was work in progress.
    So for those artist on our board, would it have been rude for me look at the painting? Do you think it may have bothered him if I said anything?I admire people who can paint and let me assure you I would have been polite.

Comment

I'm an artist to, and I don't know any artist who isn't fine with people looking at even a work in progress. Especially if it was outdoors where lots of people around. Similarly questions and comments are for the most part accepted and encouraged

Comment

I think it would have been OK, fine, to view the artist's work. If you saw the artist frown or cover up the work with his arm, it would have signaled that he probably preferred that you not view his unfinished work.

I go to resorts alone. When I am on a beach at a resort, my drawing/painting on the beach attracts observers who start talking to me about the drawing/painting, and then our conversation may branch out in many directions, so that I get to know the person, thus alleviting any lonliness I may have felt. This pleasant "ice breaker" activity is very satisfying to me. Some nudists even offer to pose for me there on the beach, but I do not take them up on their offer as I feel that it would take too much patience on their part.

Comment

The best thing to do is to ask the artist him/herself. Some may not mind and some might. I would ask if it was all OK for me to look.

Comment

Working...
          X