Nudist Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudist Radar

Have you ever met someone, quickly developed a rapport, developed a friendship and discovered that he or she enjoyed being nude or is even a nudist? Is it nudist radar? Do we have a knack for finding each other?

I don't want to be too mysterious with this. I just think that nudism brings some subtle or not so subtle change in our outlook on life that it sometimes brings two nudists together before they discover that their new friend loves the clothes-free life.

It happened to me at least once. I met a lady with whom I shared a deep mutual attraction. As I worked up my courage, I told her about my past ventures into skinnydipping and she told me that she grew up as a nudist. I came clean and admitted that I had become a nudist at home and that I had visited nudist campgrounds. Our lives took a different path and I had to say goodbye to her, but I will always be amused by our mutual discovery of this special part of our lives.

Have you ever met someone, quickly developed a rapport, developed a friendship and discovered that he or she enjoyed being nude or is even a nudist? Is it nudist radar? Do we have a knack for finding each other?

I don't want to be too mysterious with this. I just think that nudism brings some subtle or not so subtle change in our outlook on life that it sometimes brings two nudists together before they discover that their new friend loves the clothes-free life.

It happened to me at least once. I met a lady with whom I shared a deep mutual attraction. As I worked up my courage, I told her about my past ventures into skinnydipping and she told me that she grew up as a nudist. I came clean and admitted that I had become a nudist at home and that I had visited nudist campgrounds. Our lives took a different path and I had to say goodbye to her, but I will always be amused by our mutual discovery of this special part of our lives.

Comment

Trailscout...what a great topic! Yes, I can honestly say I have met people with whom there was a mutual attraction. Not always a nudist attraction, just a feeling of you have known this person all your life, even though you just met. You later find you share many of the same interests. This has happened to me recently right here on forums. Hope to hear more on this facinating topic! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well Mr. Trailscout,
        I have found that these strange connections happen throughout all venues of my life. I have never been as lucky as you as far as mates go (they all want me all to their selves), but I have found that certain people in the nudist limelight seem to think the same way or even exactly the same as me on several occasions. Sometimes it is actually scarey! So, maybe you are right... we have a nudist radar that guides us to others... or maybe there is some sort of track-tor-beam from an alien planet trying to get us together to overcome all of the societal vacancies produced by those here on earth... ok, I'm getting a bit carried away... that's just me!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] Suntied [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I must admit that I don't have any radar that gives me a clue in advance of discussing the subject which friends or acquaintances might be interested in nudism.

Maybe none of them are, in which case I need to broaden my circle of friends and acquaintances.

Gary

Comment

Gary,
            I don't use mystical powers, but I have had some success with a few simple clues to help me find potential nudists or active nudists.

I have discovered that some art students who have taken life drawing classes are taught to respect the human body as a work of art rather than a sexual object or an object of embarassment. From this group, some of these artists are more willing than the general population to take the next step and try social nudity. The art classes have helped open their minds.

Some people who enjoy camping, hiking, being out in nature make the logical assumption that being nude in nature is in synch with a lifestyle that seeks harmony between the body and the rest of the natural world. It may start with skinny-dipping, progress to running nude on a secluded beach, maybe making love under the stars with your wife, and even nude hiking for the boldest ones.

The children of the hippies, aka flower children adopt a similar attitude about the naturalness of being nude in nature and throw in a little extra effort to break with convention and rethink all the rules of society. (Maybe without the dangerous illegal drugs and indiscriminate sex).

Perhaps other segments of society or special interest groups are also more likely than most folks to be willing to try social nudity.

Sometimes people who don't seem like the type may surprise you and join you on a visit to a nudist venue.

Comment

I have not yet discovered this regarding nudity. But some of my other interests are Christianity, music, and literature, and I have long tended to discover friends who share one or more of these interests. (Sometimes it bombs, like the August day I asked a fellow bus-traveler if it was hot enough for him and he said he wished it were a lot hotter. It turned out he was obsessed with the Second Coming and the Great Tribulation. Fortunately I know a fair amount about those subjects and I hope I gave him better direction than he had.)

I think the unconscious process is simply that we all want to talk about things we love to do, especially when the things are as rare as getting naked with other naked people without doing sex with them. Under such compulsion, it's natural that common interests should surface quickly when they exist.

Comment

Working...
              X