What do you put on when cold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you put on when cold?

If I'm nude and feeling a bit cold, I'll put on a top only, remaining nude from the waist down. My wife, a non-nudist, thinks that this is weird, that I wouldn't put on shorts or pants at the same time. I think that she may think that this is a bit exhibitionistic.

We were staying at a clothing-optional B&B and I asked one of the owners whether she would put on a top only in this situation, and she confirmed that she would, which made my wife somewhat more comfortable.

What do you do folks think? Do you do the same thing?

Gary

If I'm nude and feeling a bit cold, I'll put on a top only, remaining nude from the waist down. My wife, a non-nudist, thinks that this is weird, that I wouldn't put on shorts or pants at the same time. I think that she may think that this is a bit exhibitionistic.

We were staying at a clothing-optional B&B and I asked one of the owners whether she would put on a top only in this situation, and she confirmed that she would, which made my wife somewhat more comfortable.

What do you do folks think? Do you do the same thing?

Gary

Comment

What do I put on when cold? More heat, and maybe a blankie if I'm in my apartment. Seriously. I don't go for the shirt + no pants thing myself. That's just my personal preference though; I don't think it's exhibitionistic if someone does that because they're cold.

However, when someone does that in 104° heat at Hippie Hollow, well, that's just weird.

UWrd

Comment

I for one only wear a top if I am cold. The rest of the body seems to warm up.

Around the house (i live alone) I always have a top on and only wear pants when there are ppl visiting.

Comment

Nope --- I'm with you. Put a T shirt on as this covers the chest and abdomen which presumably lose more heat. If it is any comfort, my wife thinks I'm mad too!!!!

Comment

It depends on the temperature outside. Sometimes I just turn up the heat and remain naked. If I need to put something on, I have a robe that is very comfortable.

Comment

I'm with Unwired; I simply turn up the heat when I'm indoors. It's bad enough that I have to wear clothes when I leave the resort; inside the resort I only wear the bare minimum that I need to tolerate the cold.

Comment

Rarely do I put something on. I usually just cover while sitting and laying down with a blanket but stay nude most of the time. On those rare occasions, I will put on a flannel shirt and even more rarely will I button it.

In winter we keep the house at about 68-70 degrees, I'm very comfortable naked at that temp. At night we set the themostat closer to 60 degrees, but we're under blankets and nude body to nude body keeps us warm!

Comment

Socks, then a hat. If I'm still cold, a shirt.
                  It seems that if my head and feet are warm, the rest of me is warmer than if I didn't have socks or a hat on.

Comment

I put on a shirt as well.Clothes do have a function,warmth and protection.
                    Nudism,commensense in dress-sense.

Naturally Kiwi

Comment

If my husband has turned the a/c up too high and I'm chilled, I'll put on my big terry robe. If it's the winter, I'll generally put on my house slippers first. If that doesn't do it, I'll put on my wonderful big terry robe.
                      It's not tight but comforting.
                      Cheri

Comment

We made the pilgrimage to the wonderful indoor pool at White Tail Park a couple of times last winter. Even when the air temperature outside was well below 50 degrees Fahrenheit, I found that wearing just a fleece jacket and flip flops was sufficient to make me comfortable when walking between the parking area, office, and pool. This seemed to be the dress code for brisk winter days.

Comment

I will put on socks or slippers first if chilled. If my feet get cold the rest of the body gets cold. During the winter, if sitting and watching TV or reading, I will cover with a light blanket. I am not one to put a top on and leave the erst nude. Just not the way I am wired I guess.

Comment

I'll generally just grab a blanket. But here in Arizona, the need to warm up is usually at night and sleep does seem to call.

Comment

Shirt goes on first. It is more important to keep the chest warm. If that part isn't warm, it usually affects the rest of your body anyway.

My feet are always cold so I am used to that. But still, it will depend how I feel whether I put/keep my socks on or not. Right now, I don't have them on.

Bob S.

Comment

Working...
                              X