Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nupotosi Hotsprings, Tabacco Root Mts. Montana.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nupotosi Hotsprings, Tabacco Root Mts. Montana.

This hotspring is located south of Pony Montana. A great little old mining town, worth a stop.

After driving up a snow covered two trac road (South Willow Creek Rd.). You go past Potosi Hot Springs, a pay to use resort, driving on we came to the campground and parking lot.

There was a snowy 3/4 to 1 mile hike in. Nice sunny day, 32* F. The trail was slightly used so we could tell no one was there this day but us.

Two pools of warn water greeted us. Steam was rising and the dogs where off playing. It was a little silty, but thats how it goes. We enjoyed the time there....wish it was hotter water.

This is a clothing optional site, and I put only my boots back on and free hiked back out.

Kinda cold but, it;s a dry cold, so with the sun I had no problem staying warm. Nice how the body takes care of it's self.

Will I go back? If I'm in the area. But I won't go out of my way.

Wonderful setting tho...6600' mountains all around.

Peace

This hotspring is located south of Pony Montana. A great little old mining town, worth a stop.

After driving up a snow covered two trac road (South Willow Creek Rd.). You go past Potosi Hot Springs, a pay to use resort, driving on we came to the campground and parking lot.

There was a snowy 3/4 to 1 mile hike in. Nice sunny day, 32* F. The trail was slightly used so we could tell no one was there this day but us.

Two pools of warn water greeted us. Steam was rising and the dogs where off playing. It was a little silty, but thats how it goes. We enjoyed the time there....wish it was hotter water.

This is a clothing optional site, and I put only my boots back on and free hiked back out.

Kinda cold but, it;s a dry cold, so with the sun I had no problem staying warm. Nice how the body takes care of it's self.

Will I go back? If I'm in the area. But I won't go out of my way.

Wonderful setting tho...6600' mountains all around.

Peace

Comment

Working...
    X