What if nudity was common

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if nudity was common

Yesterday it was a very hot day and I needed to go shopping at a chain store and the supermarket.A crowded carpark, baking hot, just the right place for being naked and cooler if it was acceptable.
    But if nudity was an every day common occurance, where would it be uncceptable?

I recall a picture of a naked woman in a supermarket scene, no doubt in a resort, picking up an item from a low chiller

It might well be, that this would be a reason for supermarkets to ban nude people in their shops for reasons of hygiene.

Where else would there be restrictions on nudity?
    What about public transport?

Yesterday it was a very hot day and I needed to go shopping at a chain store and the supermarket.A crowded carpark, baking hot, just the right place for being naked and cooler if it was acceptable.
    But if nudity was an every day common occurance, where would it be uncceptable?

I recall a picture of a naked woman in a supermarket scene, no doubt in a resort, picking up an item from a low chiller

It might well be, that this would be a reason for supermarkets to ban nude people in their shops for reasons of hygiene.

Where else would there be restrictions on nudity?
    What about public transport?

Comment

Hi Peter,

That's an interesting idea. If nudity was acceptable everywhere, where would it be banned for hygiene reasons?
      People would certainly be asked to carry towels with them for sitting in public paces such as cafes, park benches, and public transport, etc for hygiene. But if everyone is constantly carrying a towel in case they want to sit down somewhere, it makes sense just to tie the towel around your waist to free your hands, and then suddenly you're no longer naked!!

Just a thought!

By the way, I was in New Zealand a few weeks ago in Queenstown. It's a fantastic place!

All the best

Rick

Comment

Nudity IS common in all parts of the world. The reaction of those witnessing said nudity is wherein the difference lays ... one area no reaction whatsoever ... another apolexy and flagellation, depends on where you are at the time.

Comment

Interesting question... I think anyplace where people might have accidental contact (crowded subway or crowded bars) nudity should not be. But then maybe those subways or bars could just be made less crowded. In fact, based on the appalling behavior and creeps in US cities, I think nudity would not work in a large urban environment, where anonymity allows people to try to get away with stuff they would never be able to in a small town or villiage situation, where they will more likely face consequences (at least social consequences of bad behavior).

Comment

If nudity were commonplace and accepted by others as that, then people would come to enjoy it and the freedom thta goes with it. Hence, my responses, prison and/or jail.

Comment

I would just be satisfied to be able to go work in my front yard or walk or run, even if it meant going shopping or out to eat still required clothing.

Comment

Stu would be homebound

Bob S.

Comment

Full nudity only happens in my dreams. But if this would be the case, I would not have to join my wife for cloths shopping, this would be heaven.

Comment

I think it would be great if nudity was common place. I agree that there would be certain places where 1 would have to cover up.

I think the ideal situation for commonplace nudity would be, that it were legal to be naked ON your own premises ie. back OR front yard (even if it is in view of passers by), public parks beaches and gardens, and doing activities in you own local neighborhood like walking the dog or fetching the paper from the mailbox or local store. I could understand not in restaurants and crowded bars etc. but the above circumstances would be nice.

As for carrying towels everywhere... a small hand towel or half sized towel should suffice and that can easily fit in a small shoulder bag which we would need to carry any way cos where would we put our car keys and wallet?

Comment

quote:
                      Stu would be homebound

haha!!

Comment

That would be wonderful. No work for pickpockets! Long live clothing optional world. Full nudism is wintertime too cold here. No more wasting money to buidl mens' and womens' separate departments. It is very environment friendly.

Comment

Interesting concept. Perfect for 'Big Brother'. For ID and paying for items or services, all people would have fingerprints or retinas registered in a massive database and ALL privacy could really disappear!

Sauna's comment made me think of the possible implications.
                          WOW, better not let Big Brother see this thread. All clothing in the US might be banned within months, worldwide ban in 2 years!

Comment

It would certainly speed up the security checks at the airports.

Bob

Comment

It would be nice: naked on your own property.

When going out shopping, strap on your fanny pack that contains your billfold and a few other necessities. These new fanny packs would contain snaps in front and back to attach loin cloths to drape through our legs for use in public places like restaurants and grocery stores and department stores, to stop drips and skid marks.

I wear a fanny pack now and no underwear under shorts or sweat pants now, depending on temperature/season. Could the new fanny pack be the next step?

Comment

Working...
                              X