Overweight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overweight

I am an overweight male age 45. I am proud of who I am. I have seen other adults who are overweight and showing off there bodies.
    Keep up the good work.

Anyone else feels the same way?

Ralph

Ralph

I am an overweight male age 45. I am proud of who I am. I have seen other adults who are overweight and showing off there bodies.
    Keep up the good work.

Anyone else feels the same way?

Ralph

Ralph

Comment

Good for you - glad to see all kinds of nudists with all kinds of bodies.

BUT for your own health wouldn't it be wise to lose some of the extra weight? (none of my business really)

Comment

Although I'm sure I'm "overweight" by current U.S. medical definition, I'm not sigificantly overweight at this time. But I am glad to see people out enjoying nudism regardless of their weight. That's a beautiful thing about nudism - the underdstood (by most nudists anyway) that we're not here to to judge each others bodies, as in mainstream society.

And on the health issue... to some degree it depends on a person's genetics and age/state of health as far as how unhealthy it is. I've read studies that say a little extra weight for the "pear shape" (usually females) is pretty harmless, as far as risk for heart disease. And never forget, there are some awfully unhealthy skinny people out there. Any unhealthily obese person is taking a step in the right direction by becoming a nudist... the general health benefits and possibly increased exercise could gradually shed some pounds.

One last note... I recently read of a study that said obese mice lived significantly longer when they drank red wine extracts, regardless of the extra weight. So maybe we should drink up! :-)

Comment

I know I am going to get cyberslapped by some of you, but I am underweight. I get people always telling me to "put more meat on your bones."

Part of it is genetic and part of it is dietary. I get probably around 1,000-1,200 calories/day.

Bob S.

Comment

I have always found nudists to be non judgemental of size, shape, or sex. They see people as people

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Bob S.:
              I know I am going to get cyberslapped by some of you, but I am underweight. I get people always telling me to "put more meat on your bones."

Part of it is genetic and part of it is dietary. I get probably around 1,000-1,200 calories/day.

Bob S.

Ignore those who keep telling you to put on weight. You probably will eventually. I am 6'6" tall and for nearly 30yrs I weighed only 165lbs, even though my caloric intake was 2,000+ calories a day. It was nearly impossible for me to find clothes that fit off the shelf. When I reached the late 40's I put on 50lbs and now I no longer can eat anything and everything. However, I can buy the clothes that I society requires me to wear off the shelf without having to make major modifications (or even minor).

Comment

Big Thinker, you said it, by CURRENT US definition. May be in a couple of years they will add or deduct a couple of pounds, who knows, so what.

If you feel good in your body and you are healthy, this is the most important.

Comment

Okay.......I'm no health nut. I need to lose some weight and I am working on it and have been for the past year. Lost about 10-12 lbs since last year and got my bad cholestrol down from 218 to 182.

I don't think it wise to allow yourself to be too overweight and use Naturism/Nudism as a reason to be.

WE have a hard enough time getting new people into this lifestyle to keep it going. WE need all those devoted nudists we have now. So for your health, for your sake and for naturism's sake...take care of yourself, lose those excess pounds slowly and gradually and stick around for many more years!

Comment

In all but the extreme health related cases, weight is a comfort level one has with his/herself. Enjoy life, enjoy being nude, and most importantly-take care of your health!

Comment

rich:"Ignore those who keep telling you to put on weight."

rich, those people that do so are joking with me. They are also the same ones who say they need to lose some weight. As part of the banter, whenever they complain about themselves, I "complain" about myself with a nice smile on my face.

But seriously, I wish I could have a bigger appetite and add on a few more pounds. The weird thing is that whenever I have gotten almosts at my target weight the past few times, I have gotten sick and lost about 5-10 lbs as a result.

But as Ralph mentioned, all you can do is be proud of who you are. Accept your body, and anything you want to do to wither put on lbs or lose some, do it in a healthy way.

Bob S.

Comment

quote:
                        The weird thing is that whenever I have gotten almosts at my target weight the past few times, I have gotten sick and lost about 5-10 lbs as a result.
                        Hmmm -- do you suppose your body might be telling you it doesn't need that extra 5-10 lbs? The key phrase in your remark is "...as a result."

Comment

It has been my past experience that those who lean towards the overweight crowd when associating themselves/ourselves with the nudist crowd...

For me a "True Ten" is more like a "Size 14 or 16", and not the "Size 10" so many think they would someday once again like to be able to wear just to look so called "Healthy"..besides there are a lot of healthy looking "Size 12, or 14 or even 22's and 24's.

Part of being healty is in the mind, and not just the physical body...but at the same time, having JellyRolls stored in our middle sections is not healthy for anyone...

GS

Comment

Hey RCH44, good for you. Iam also overweight and I enjoy being nude as much as I can. I have seen some others naked that are overweight too and Iam happy for them too. I have never felt like my weight was a issue at a nudist resort. I cant say Iam proud of being overweight and I never quit trying to do things better for my health either. I am proud of myself for doing something so great as getting out and enjoying being naked with other fun loving people though. I have met some of the most down to earth people naked. I my self enjoy seeing all bodys naked no matter what size they are. I hope that nobody passes judgement on a person just because they are overweight. That really is a small part of who we are no matter how big we are. So keep your clothes off and just enjoy life! PEACE.........

Comment

The most important thing is to do your best to be healthy. Like many people, I procrastinate on the exercising I need to do. There is so little time it seems.

There is no magic bullet. There is no diet that works for all. So don't let the weight hinder you from being a nudist or attending nudist functions.

When my pic (avatar) was taken I was up to 190. Since then, I am down to 158 and still plan to loose another 18 lbs by March. Sheer will power and no sweets--that's the ticket for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X