Glen Eden Trip Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Eden Trip Report

Well, here I am in sunny California. Beautiful State. I took a trip over to Glen Eden today and it is very nice. I only spent a couple of hours there as my textile spouse was sitting in a motel room alone. Did not feel comfortable leaving her alone so far away from home. GE patrons were very nice and I even met a lady who lived about 15 miles from me a few years ago but had relocated to LA. She loves it here. I guess this will be my only vist there as I was informed a married person can only visit once without the spouse. I highly recommend GE to all. Hope to hit San Onofre tomorrow and Red Sand on Thursday.

Well, here I am in sunny California. Beautiful State. I took a trip over to Glen Eden today and it is very nice. I only spent a couple of hours there as my textile spouse was sitting in a motel room alone. Did not feel comfortable leaving her alone so far away from home. GE patrons were very nice and I even met a lady who lived about 15 miles from me a few years ago but had relocated to LA. She loves it here. I guess this will be my only vist there as I was informed a married person can only visit once without the spouse. I highly recommend GE to all. Hope to hit San Onofre tomorrow and Red Sand on Thursday.

Comment

Would be interested in hearing more about this resort. Anyone been there?

Comment

Yes, been there several times. It is a very nice club. It is not as rustic as some I've been to. In fact, I'd actually say it was one of the more upscale clubs I've visited.

It's very clean, well maintained, landscaped and has many amenities. Nice, clean rental units, plenty of RV and tent spaces, laundry facilities, an indoor and outdoor pool, huge spa, restaurant. It has paved roads throughout the club so it keeps down the dust and dirt.

There are many, many activities planned for members and visitors. I've seen lots of families and couples, some singles. Everyone is nice and for the most part friendly.

I'd like to become a member but the Prof isn't much into clubs...yet! I'm working on her though and she's agreed to visit GE in the later fall when it cools down in Corona, CA. She says we can sit by our pool at those temps...since we only live 30 mins away. I think she'll change her mind once she's experienced it.

Any other questions?

FP

Comment

Yes, more upscale at resonable prices.

We were there for a day and a half and were never bored. I also recommend GE.

Comment

Before I got married I was a member there for 12 years. You can't find a better club. The first time my wife went she joined!

Comment

We would have joined too, just live too far away but we have decided this is the place we'd like to retire. I'm told there's quite a lengthy waiting list.

Comment

Hello hairyballs. I live in San Bernardino,C.A. and have been to Glen Eden Sun Club many times. My first official visit was in June of 1992. I ws nervous at first but I began to settle in after about an hour or so. A game of volleyball really sealed the deal for me that day. I was so relaxed I didn't want to leave. And neither did my teammates for that matter! It was fantastic! I am now hooked on that club. If you are into dancing, they have some really enjoyable and fun DJ dances on various Saturday nights scattered throughout the calendar year. In my opinion, the summer ones are the best because you can take a dip in either the pool or jacuzzi after dancing the night away. If you ever visit there, I hope you enjoy it! Take care!

Ken Palmer

quote:
                Originally posted by hairyballs:
                Would be interested in hearing more about this resort. Anyone been there?

Comment

Thank you all for information on Eden Sun Club. I visited the site and read what you have told me and it is now on my TO DO list.

One question (and probably a dumb one). On their web site they say that all guests are subject to "Megans Law". Being a Canadian I haven't a clue what this means. Can anyone enlighten?

Comment

Not a dumb question, hairyballs. Megan's Law is the colloquial term used to denote a number of state laws in the United States that require law enforcement authorities to identify what are generally called sex offenders to the public at large through various media, including in some cases the Internet.

Click on California Department of Justice's Internet web site: Megan's Law - Information on Registered Sex Offenders

Hope this helps -

nifocinphx

Comment

Thanks nifocinphx - I dont think I fall into that category but will have to check my wife (ha ha). Actually I think it is a good law.

Comment

One of the problems with Megan's law is that in many states it does not differentiate between sexual predators and those who are convicted (or in Ohio just accused) of non violent and non-sexual 'sex crimes', like skinny-dipping or public urination.

Ironically being placed on a "Megan's List" for nudism can keep you from being able to visit most nudist resorts.

-Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X