Nude golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nude golf

Well I did it! I found out what it is like to play golf in the nude.

Yesterday was a very warm day here, and for reasons not related to the heat, my usual golf buddy was not able to play with me. I decided to go ahead and play by myself.

Because of the heat, there were not very many golfers on the course, and as I reached a par three on a remote side of the course, I knew that there was no-one in front or behind me. I thought this would be an excellent time to try it out, so after driving up in my cart to the tee box, I slipped out of my shorts and boldly walked up to the tee box nude from the waist down. (I didn't take off my shirt, because that is against the club rules. )

I teed off with my six iron and pushed it a little to the right, but managed to get on to the green. I couldn't decide if the lack of bottoms had anyting to do with the direction or not, but I was able to make a pretty good putt, and tapped in for a par.

I had to put my shorts back on, then, because the next hole went back to a more "exposed" part of the course, and felt I had probably stretched my luck far enough.

As I indicated, the rules don't specifically refer to not wearing shorts, only shirts, but if anyone had seen me sans bottoms, there might have been a complaint. And golf is 'way too important to me to risk being banned from my course.

By the way, the feeling was exhilarating. And I found out there is not a need for any clothing while playing golf, save for some shoes and a good glove. I believe that there should be a few clothing optional courses available for us, or at least some clothing optional days on golf courses.

The golf course at Cypress Cove, while cute, is not a complete golfing experience. (Unfortunately, I didn't have my clubs with me when I visited there, but it's just not the same as having a complete course available for the full range of golfing experience.)

I would appreciate hearing about any others who have had a similar experience.

Well I did it! I found out what it is like to play golf in the nude.

Yesterday was a very warm day here, and for reasons not related to the heat, my usual golf buddy was not able to play with me. I decided to go ahead and play by myself.

Because of the heat, there were not very many golfers on the course, and as I reached a par three on a remote side of the course, I knew that there was no-one in front or behind me. I thought this would be an excellent time to try it out, so after driving up in my cart to the tee box, I slipped out of my shorts and boldly walked up to the tee box nude from the waist down. (I didn't take off my shirt, because that is against the club rules. )

I teed off with my six iron and pushed it a little to the right, but managed to get on to the green. I couldn't decide if the lack of bottoms had anyting to do with the direction or not, but I was able to make a pretty good putt, and tapped in for a par.

I had to put my shorts back on, then, because the next hole went back to a more "exposed" part of the course, and felt I had probably stretched my luck far enough.

As I indicated, the rules don't specifically refer to not wearing shorts, only shirts, but if anyone had seen me sans bottoms, there might have been a complaint. And golf is 'way too important to me to risk being banned from my course.

By the way, the feeling was exhilarating. And I found out there is not a need for any clothing while playing golf, save for some shoes and a good glove. I believe that there should be a few clothing optional courses available for us, or at least some clothing optional days on golf courses.

The golf course at Cypress Cove, while cute, is not a complete golfing experience. (Unfortunately, I didn't have my clubs with me when I visited there, but it's just not the same as having a complete course available for the full range of golfing experience.)

I would appreciate hearing about any others who have had a similar experience.

Comment

Went for a round of Golf nude once ... didn't help though, still shot 300.

Comment

I shot a 74 once. Unfortunately, I was bowling at the time.

Comment

Guess you could have had a third member assisting you on a putt, but nothing to bring it up; I guess.

Comment

Ralph,
            All instruments and devices used in the game of golf must be reviewed and approved by the USGA (in this country) before they can "legally" be used in a round. I assume you are talking about some sort alignment device here which IMHO might prove difficult to calibrate. If on the other hand you meant something to help a golfer "take a stance", well...
            b.l.

Comment

Perhaps closer to the topic:

I have found 3 courses near Fresno which have holes suitable for nude play. Hole 7 at Brighton Crest, hole 8 at River Creek and hole 3 at Islewood.
              A lady friend took pictures of me at Islewood and posted them in the gallery here at CFI back when men walked with dinosaurs. Don't know if they are still around.
              b.l.

Comment

I meant the pictures not the dinosaurs.
                b.l.

Comment

b.l. - Do you know what the procedure is to get the USGA to approve equipment? They might approve mine since it would have "little" bearing upon my game.

Comment

nu'nne,
                    You will need to submit a prototype or actual production model which will be subjected to measurement and performance testing. There is
                    probably some fee involved.

Good luck,

b.l.

Comment

Played for most of my early life but gave it up as a teen. I might consider getting back into it if I could play nude.

Comment

There was a brief discussion along these lines on another forum; the best suggestion I saw was one to charter a course for the entire day, and spread the cost among the participants. Might be a bit pricey, if the attendance were small. But if enough subscribers were lined up, it might be no more than the normal greens fees.
                        All that's needed is someone with enough interest to organize the event. As it is, the last member of my family with that much interest in golf is now putting with St. Peter. But surely there is some enterprising soul....if they can make a profit on nude cruise boats, SURELY a nude day at the golf course can break even? Or is that Par?

Old Hippie
                        (no handicap)

Comment

Working...
                        X