Gawkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gawkers

Have any of you had any interesting experiences with gawkers? I've seen some really funny things at the beach lately.

I was out at Lighthouse Beach last week and there was a really weird guy walking in and out between the sunbathers. He had on a cheap ball cap, a plaid shirt, black walking pants, BLACK SOCKS, and white sneakers. He looked lost and didn't know where his master was.

So I said, "Hey man, nice socks." He found the way out.

Anyone else?

Z

Have any of you had any interesting experiences with gawkers? I've seen some really funny things at the beach lately.

I was out at Lighthouse Beach last week and there was a really weird guy walking in and out between the sunbathers. He had on a cheap ball cap, a plaid shirt, black walking pants, BLACK SOCKS, and white sneakers. He looked lost and didn't know where his master was.

So I said, "Hey man, nice socks." He found the way out.

Anyone else?

Z

Comment

At Turtle Lake Resort a section of the grounds faces Turtle Lake itself - which is a public lake with private residences on the half of the lakeshore to the north and south not owned by the resort.

The locals cannot see into the resort from their homes, but they can from boats on the lake itself.

It is not uncommon to see fishing boats and pontoon party boats slowly cruise back and forth on a sunny weekend day.

Rumor has it that one entrepeneur was charging passengers for the 'show'.

More likely residents, who have long since gotten over having a nudist resort next door, will take visitors for a sightseeing cruise. It is pretty harmless, and I don't know of any nudists who are really bothered by it. Obviously the locals don't mind.

Occasionally we'll see an obvious sight like a tiny boat with 4 big men anchor 30 yards offshore to 'fish' for an hour or two.

For fun some of us have turned the tables on them. We'll haul out large binoculars to look back at them, and wave. They often turn around and move along.

-Mark

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Naturist Mark:
        For fun some of us have turned the tables on them. We'll haul out large binoculars to look back at them, and wave. They often turn around and move along.

-Mark

Myself and some Orient Beach regulars in Saint Martin did a similar thing one afternoon a few years ago. We were phoned by cellphone from a naturist buddy from the other end of the beach telling is that a bunch of cruise ship textile passengers were fast approaching the nude end of the beach by Club Orient.

When we saw them approaching, videos and cameras in tow, we stood up from our chairs or towels and applauded them all at once, yelling, "Take it off! Take it off!"

They were so embarrassed, not one of them had the nerve to take a picture or video, and very quickly returned to the textile part of the beach.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Journeyman:
          quote:

-Mark

Myself and some Orient Beach regulars in Saint Martin did a similar thing one afternoon a few years ago. We were phoned by cellphone from a naturist buddy from the other end of the beach telling is that a bunch of cruise ship textile passengers were fast approaching the nude end of the beach by Club Orient.

When we saw them approaching, videos and cameras in tow, we stood up from our chairs or towels and applauded them all at once, yelling, "Take it off! Take it off!"

They were so embarrassed, not one of them had the nerve to take a picture or video, and very quickly returned to the textile part of the beach.

HAHA you turned the tables on them.

Comment

quote:

Great story, I found the number of gawkers at Orient Beach to be quite off putting - to any one unsure about nudism it could put them off. It's bad enough when they come along, look, leer and generally be unpleasant but when they get into the water in their near ankle length shorts, I really think someone should tell them to leave.

Comment

Just returned from Club Orient yesterday. Great time and plenty of textile cruisers walking the beach gawking.

Did not see it but one of the couples we meet there said that one year while the clothed cruise ship gawkers were walking, one of them, a guy, was taking some pictures. He was told to "knock it off." He yelled back that it was a public beach and he had the right to take pictures. Before Club O security got to him....

He apparently saw a young woman he wanted to take one last picture of. If you've ever been to Club O, you'll know that while walking into the water, the sandy bottom and be a bit uneven. This guy was getting his camera ready, ended up not paying attention to his footing and ended up face down in about 2 ft of water, clothes, camera's and all submerged!!

Apparently more people than thought had seen and or heard the ruckus before and after he fell into the water, he got a standing ovation from 1/2 the nudies on the beach!

Comment

That really sounds hilarious! Nothing like turning the tables on a bunch of folks with nothing else better to do than to disturb us peaceful folks enjoying our most beloved hobby! That'll teach them hopefully! I wish I could have been there to see that!

Ken Palmer

quote:
                quote:

-Mark

Comment

I went to public nude beach today, and it was repeat of the last two (and only other) times I had been. Just about the time I make some new friends and get into some nice conversation, The gawkers start lining up. It seems to especially indimidate the girls (guys too, to a lesser degree). Here in Texas the gawkers usually consist of Mexican immigrants, who run in packs. But also there are people in casual attire, talking (and photographing) on the cell phones. I suppose they are visiting on business from out of the area. It really turns me off from public beaches. Resorts offer a much more enjoyable time.

Comment

Sorry to say but gawkers are international and intercontinental problem. Closed resort areas are the on gawkers free zones.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Nicknamed:
                      Here in Texas the gawkers usually consist of Mexican immigrants, who run in packs.

At Cap d'Agde in France the problem is Arabs - out of season all day, in season after security have gone - their gawking is of a different type to Club Orient where it is sad people who think it funny to see other people's bits - at Cap d'Agde it is very sexually motivated and very unpleasant. It surprised me that more people don't react against them although I think they wouldn't hesitate to be violent to it could turn nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicknamed:
                        I went to public nude beach today, and it was repeat of the last two (and only other) times I had been. Just about the time I make some new friends and get into some nice conversation, The gawkers start lining up. It seems to especially indimidate the girls (guys too, to a lesser degree). Here in Texas the gawkers usually consist of Mexican immigrants, who run in packs. But also there are people in casual attire, talking (and photographing) on the cell phones. I suppose they are visiting on business from out of the area. It really turns me off from public beaches. Resorts offer a much more enjoyable time.
                        In 2004, when the Hill Country Nudists had their Boat Trip to Hippie Hollow, there were some Hispanic gawkers that gathered on the rocks where the boat was moored. They stayed until several buckets of water were thrown on them from the upper deck of the boat. Then they left.

I wonder if a water gun would work as well?

A small mirror reflecting the sunlight in just the right direction might hinder the use of camera phones.

Take Care & Enjoy Life Bare,
                        David
                        Last edited by D-TX; 09-22-2007, 10:53 PM. Reason: Fixing "quotes", they didn't transition well to the new forum.

Comment

As far as gawkers are concerned, I usually stare right back at them. If someone is trying to sneak photos of me with a camera phone, you can be sure that that camera will wind up under water in short order.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by freedom2be:
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by D-TX:

In 2004, when the Hill Country Nudists had their Boat Trip to Hippie Hollow, there were some Hispanic gawkers that gathered on the rocks where the boat was moored. They stayed until several buckets of water were thrown on them from the upper deck of the boat. Then they left.

Take Care & Enjoy Life Bare,
                            David

Seems odd that the majority of gawkers tromping through Gunnison Beach are also hispanic...does anyone know if there's something in their culture that would cause them to be so voyeuristic like perhaps their wives/gf don't allow hispanic men to see them nude?

Maybe that hispanics believe that if you are a nudist, that you are also an exibitionist.

Personnaly, I think the spanish/hispanic culture is a culture hotter and more sexual than the Anglo saxon one. Just think of how sexy is the Carnival of Rio in Brazil (although Brazilians speaks portuguese, it is as much latin).

There is the fact that voyerism and exibitionism may be more acceptable in the spanish culture than in the english one.

I wouldn't be surprised to see large pictures of naked women in the streets of Latin America.

Comment

Let 'em gawk!

Comment

Working...
                              X