Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I being off base here? The cigarette smoking woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being off base here? The cigarette smoking woman?

I don't normally nit-pick -- but looking at "today's photo" - (26 Jan) - showing four young people at the beach -- and the woman, second from right, is puffing on a cigarette --

Thoughts? Does that pic represent naturism? Or, represent naturism as you'd like it represented?

I don't normally nit-pick -- but looking at "today's photo" - (26 Jan) - showing four young people at the beach -- and the woman, second from right, is puffing on a cigarette --

Thoughts? Does that pic represent naturism? Or, represent naturism as you'd like it represented?

Comment

From my experiences at the four clothesfree resorts I've visited in the past three years, I'm surprized that two or three of the others aren't also smoking.

Yes, the picture is represents reality. But if it was up to me, I would have preferred a photo without the cigarette. You only get one chance to make a first impression, and the home page is the first thing a first-time visitor sees.

Comment

GAG! I know, it's sucky that people smoke. I wish they didn't. I was shocked to see some video of INA employees smoking. Of course, I am shocked to see anyone smoking. C'est la vie I guess but I will gladly help anyone quite.

Comment

I understand what you are getting at but...can't the same thing be said about lots of other vices "nudists/naturists" do, like drinking, sky diving, water skiing, boating....there are a number of things we do that are dangerous to our health and well being.

I am not a smoker. I don't much care for people that smoke and blow their smoke into my breathing air area. I wish we could do away with smoking altogether but...just cuz a nudist/naturist smokes doesn't make them a bad person. Just cuz a nudist/naturist has his/her picture taken, naked holding a beer or cocktail doesn't make them a bad person either.

Nudism/Naturism is not what it used to be. We are a collection of society and have different likes, dislikes and vices. What we do have in common is the desire to be nude whenever possible and should be preaching that instead of worrying about whether or not a nudist smoking gives off the wrong message.

Comment

Yep. Your off base.

No explaination needed.

Steve

Comment

I agree in that we all have bad habits that others may make a snap judgement. But just because a person smokes, drinks or any other unhealthy habits, we must not be quick to judge. As far as the drinking goes, as long as the person doesn't take it to extremes and gets totally plastered, then to me, they are okay.

I don't smoke, per se (only a cigar every now and then), but when I do, I make sure the other party is comfortable with it, especially in their presense. If not, then I can wait and smoke later.

As far as drinking goes, as long as the drinking is done in a social manner and not too excessive, I have no problems with that. It's when the 'over drinking' causes the person to become hostile or downright beligerant, then that is when I draw the line.

Photos that depict smokers and drinkers are signs of everyday life. To ask the person to get rid of the cigarette or the drink just to get a photo wouldn't be out of line. Just my own opinion.

Comment

Must every pic represent true naturism?

Comment

Not sure if it does or not. Lots of people smoke and a lot of them die from cancer. I guess naturism is like a lot of other things--it has people and people are human and some things they do are offensive to others.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Cyndiannaked:
                    Right now there is a petition going around Como to have one smoke free night in the Butt Hutt. The smokers see it as their last refuge and I can understand that. I can also understand how freakin' smokey it is on a typical karoake night because by the time I've sang two songs I've gotta go because I feel the effects of the smoke I'm inhaing.

Hey, Cyndiann:
                    Didn't know you were a singer. What are your favourites?

Getting back to the topic, in certain parts of Canada-every night is a non-smoking night by government law.
                    It has caused an initial loss of business from the smokers. But, the smart business owners promote their business well and can actually increase business by appealling to the majority of the population who do not smoke.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Nude in the North:
                      Yep. Your off base.

No explaination needed.

Steve

Well, I guess that settles that....

Comment

FireProf,
                        I thought skydiving was only a "vice" when jumping without a parachute. And as for boating, I am so glad to hear it is not just an innocent pastime but in fact a "vice". Now I can enjoy it even more.
                        b.l.

Comment

No you are not 'off base'.

Comment

Being a new nudist I am a bit confused.

Are nudists / naturists not supposed to smoke?

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by chgonude77:
                              Being a new nudist I am a bit confused.

Are nudists / naturists not supposed to smoke?

No, they can and do smoke.

It was just the picture that was presented. First of all, it's not a great picture. Second, the woman in it was looking down and taking a drag on a cigarette.

Yes, it happens. But when you're posing for a pic, with a group of people, that isn't a pose you'd take, I wouldn't think.

I just expressed a comment there...that's all...

Comment

Working...
                              X