Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need reference re nudist: nature or nurture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need reference re nudist: nature or nurture?

I need to find a credible reference on the topic of whether most nudists could or could not give up nudism. Can anyone help?

Thanks for any help .. Gary

I need to find a credible reference on the topic of whether most nudists could or could not give up nudism. Can anyone help?

Comment

I dont think that I could give up on nudism. I have been a real nudist for 21 yrs now and have enjoyed each day of it. If I had to give it up that would be tough, I could'nt, I have enjoyed being naked at home, at the beach, and nudist resorts alot. There's nothing better than to sun nude, and enjoy it.

Kristopher

quote:
      Originally posted by Gary Naturist:

Note: I did a poll on this topic on 04-01-14 titled "Nudists: born or learned?" but the clothesfree archives provide only the comments, not the poll results themselves.

Comment

Now that I'm retired and can go nude all day some days, I'm not giving up now!

Comment

The topic of "voluntary quitting" has been brought up recently; but I have no idea where it is. I have a book on nudism, "The Nudist Society", which includes a chapter on nudist dropout, complete with poll and personal testimonies; will look it up this evening and share.
          If I remember correctly, on the topic of voluntary quitting, women were more apt to quitting voluntarily; men were more apt to quitting involuntarily: citing relocation, change in familial or marital status, reluctant spouse.

Nature or nurture and quitting nudism are two separate topics; which one are you focusing on here?

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Nudony:
            The topic of "voluntary quitting" has been brought up recently; but I have no idea where it is. I have a book on nudism, "The Nudist Society", which includes a chapter on nudist dropout, complete with poll and personal testimonies; will look it up this evening and share.
            If I remember correctly, on the topic of voluntary quitting, women were more apt to quitting voluntarily; men were more apt to quitting involuntarily: citing relocation, change in familial or marital status, reluctant spouse.

Nature or nurture and quitting nudism are two separate topics; which one are you focusing on here?

I guess that I'm anticipating that those who are born as nudists (nature) are the least likely to be able to give up nudism, while those who are introduced to it later on would find it easier to do so.

Gary

Comment

I think you are wrong. I didn't become a nudist till I was 26 and didn't really have a childhood that featured nudity at all as many have. It just never occurred to me to be nude till I met a nudist and he educated me.

I'm not giving it up for anything!

Comment

I'm not sure what made me decide to try nudism in the first place, but being that I don't get a lot of opportunity to participate I could give it up.

I don't want to give it up but if the situation absolutely called for it I would.

Comment

You have to be talking about social nudity. Nudity at home should be as natural as breathing. You can't quit that! As for social nudity, you can quit, but you would probably stay a nudist.
                  I know, not revelant to your question! Sorry, Frank

Comment

I remember the poll, but don't know any references off hand. I do know I couldn't give it up, I've tried.... It's just too meaningful, enlightening, and rewarding to me.

Comment

I suppose one can do whatever one wants if he sets his mind to do it. Like, Cyndiannaked, I was not raised in a nudist environment but when I did get into it, there has been no going back.

Comment

quote:
                        I guess that I'm anticipating that those who are born as nudists (nature) are the least likely to be able to give up nudism, while those who are introduced to it later on would find it easier to do so.

I agree with Cyndiann. I think there's very likely to be no difference in dropout rate between someone raised as a nudist and someone who's discovered it later in life. Someone raised as a nudist may drop out in his/her teens as a act of rebellion; someone who discovered nudism may drop out because of conflicts or relocation. Likewise, they could also both turn out to be lifelong nudists. The odds are probably the same.

Comment

Gary:"I'm anticipating that those who are born as nudists (nature) are the least likely to be able to give up nudism, while those who are introduced to it later on would find it easier to do so."

One person could be born into a nudist family and give it up during adulthood while another person could be born into a strong textile family and become involved in nudism after they flew the coop. In fact, I think most people get involved with nudism after they leave home.

One big factor would be how interested in nudism someone is. One person may just seee nudism as an occasional activity while another may view it as a spiritual event. The former will be more apt to drop nudism while the latter would hold tight to it.

Of course, this begs the questions: Were the serious later-in-life devotees actually born nudists with no formal introduction? Were the adult textiles who were born into the nudist life actually born textiles who just had nudist influences as kids?

Bob S.

Comment

staying naked here,why give up something that i love.

Comment

You forgot neuter which is what usually happens to men who marry the wrong woman. As in, "Honey I'd really like to have my balls back for the night cause I'm going out with the guys and well gee all the other guys are going to bring their balls come on puh-leeazz?"

I think it is a question of priorities how much of your own self are you willing to sacrifice in order to please another? I'll bend but I won't bend over, nor will I lay down. As long as there is give and take then it's alright. Ultimatums rarely work in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                              X