Tunick discussed on Dennis Prager program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunick discussed on Dennis Prager program

Yesterday I called into the Dennis Prager show to discuss the point that he didnt think that Tunick was an artist.

He was VERY receptive and understanding, but still did not see the artistic value of the Tunick shoot. He was very much in agreement and understood that the nudism and sex were not the same and already knew that we are very protective of members and will not engage in sexual activities.

2 or 3 of us from Cleveland called into the show. The funny thing was correcting him on the term 'nudist colony'.

Yesterday I called into the Dennis Prager show to discuss the point that he didnt think that Tunick was an artist.

He was VERY receptive and understanding, but still did not see the artistic value of the Tunick shoot. He was very much in agreement and understood that the nudism and sex were not the same and already knew that we are very protective of members and will not engage in sexual activities.

2 or 3 of us from Cleveland called into the show. The funny thing was correcting him on the term 'nudist colony'.

Comment

art is about the most subjective thing there is. Prager should have simply said it wasn't his preference for art rather than try and deny it outright.

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by jon71:
        art is about the most subjective thing there is. Prager should have simply said it wasn't his preference for art rather than try and deny it outright.

Exactly how does one define art? I see pieces of art in museums that I can make myself by going to a junk yard, get a bunch of stuff and weld it together. To me it's not really art, but to some people it is.

To me art is something that people recognise as art and lots of people see Spencer Turnick as an artists.

Comment

Spencer Tunick states that he does not consider himself an artist.

Comment

"Art tends to be acclaimed for its perception on the condition of humankind. The artist is characterised as a sort of 'seer', or visionary of truth, poetically expressed".

In the case of a photographer as artist, the artist is viewed as transcending 'mere recording' of events, offering a unique perspective on or insight into people, places, objects, relationships, circumstances.

Are Tunick's photos merely a recording of an event, or does he thereby also express, communicate his unique insight into mankind, for instance?

Comment

Working...
            X