Cinco de Mayo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinco de Mayo

Anyone got any plans? It's finally getting nice - thinkin' about going down to Glen Eden. Who's with me?

Anyone got any plans? It's finally getting nice - thinkin' about going down to Glen Eden. Who's with me?

Comment

Not to start something too controversial, but based on mexico and mexicans recent insulting behavior, I would hope many Americans do nothing special for it. Afterall, its not OUR holiday. just my 2 cents.

Comment

Friday is also a great International Holiday. www.nopantsday.com

Comment

I will not be observing any holiday on May 5th. I will be going to Mexico on July 4th and expecting a lot of parades and fireworks.

Comment

We will be celebrating. It is my birthday.

Comment

Hello all:
              Actually Cinco de Mayo is celebrated more by us Americans than by Mexicans(the Battle of Puebla, May 5, 1862, was Mexican peasants against the French), just like St. Patricks Day is celebrated more by Americans than the Irish. The Irish look at us quizzically when we celebrate St. Paddy's... Looks like a great weekend here in the N.E. U.S.
              FIGHT FOR FREEDOM -- RECALL G.W.BUSH!!!!

Comment

never heard of cinco de mayo,till i moved to so ca.and i will not celebrate.no need to.i will stay inside under my roof.so when all the idiots shoot thier guns in the air,i wont get hit.

Comment

Fifth of May? Yeah that's the day the Mexican restaurants give you extra helpings of beans at no charge.

Yeah, I know the story about the French getting kicked out of Mexico! I don't blame the Mexicans for being annoyed about the French dictator.

I just wish they were equally annoyed about Mexican dictators ruling over them.

Comment

No big plans for Cinco de Mayo, but I would like to check out Glen Eden sometime.
                    As for the weather, looks like cold and overcast skys. I will be going up to Deep Creek hot springs friday anyway. The weather up there is good most of the time!

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by shãybare:

Friday is also a great International Holiday. www.nopantsday.com
                      From the website...
                      quote:
                      When large groups of people parade around in public without their pants, amazing things are bound to happen. At the very least, you'll take your drab, wretched life a little less seriously, at least for one day.
                      I haven't yet completed that Parading 101 course at Nude U. How ya doin' on that, shãybare? I forget, was it Parading you had the shortcoming with, and did you join the 12-Point Program for it?

Comment

I do parading pretty well; it's the prancing I have trouble with. The back and forth portion of it gets me a bit dizzy.

Comment

The weather is typical today for Cinco de Mayo.
                          Chili. (but hot tamale).
                          Thanks BoB and Tom.
                          b.l.

Comment

quote:
                            Flanudedude

I am with Flanudedude, today is my birthday. Nothing special going on, just another day. Wish I could go somewhere warm and sunny to be nude to celebrate either the Mexican holiday or my birthday!

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by SunGod:
                              Not to start something too controversial, but based on mexico and mexicans recent insulting behavior, I would hope many Americans do nothing special for it. Afterall, its not OUR holiday. just my 2 cents.

I agree...and happy birthday to a couple of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X