Sleeping nude and uncovered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping nude and uncovered

Have you ever slept a whole night nude and uncovered? I have only been able to do this twice (in my life!) and they were wonderful experiences.

The most recent time was in Hawaii, where the temperature at night was in the high 70s and the humidity was pretty high. When I went to bed, I lay on the bed with no covers, not even a sheet, and felt very comfortable.

I pushed the sheet and blanket off the bed so that I wouldn't pull them up in my sleep. I slept the whole night naked, and it was one of the most pleasant, restful nights ever.

Gary

I've started many nights uncovered, but wind up pulling a sheet over me during the night. Daytime naps (inside or outside) is another matter. They are usually uncovered the whole time which is much shorter than a night's sleep.

Comment

This summer has been an especially hot one. So, I have been sleeping uncovered, in the nude with the ceiling fan on. Now I can sleep well and am refreshed in the mornings.

Comment

well in my case i start out with a sheet and in winter a couple of blankets,but by morning they are on the floor.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by theoldman:
          [qb] I've started many nights uncovered, but wind up pulling a sheet over me during the night.[/qb]
          I'm the same way. It's much warmer when I go to bed than it ends up getting during the night.

Comment

Until this summer I had never done so. But in the last month it's been so hot here in Denver (hi, halfsn! you can relate) that once after I washed my sheets I simply left off the blankets and top sheet. I didn't sleep much, as I related in a previous post, but I felt great in the morning. That's very unusual for me; my sleep habits were formed in an unheated bedroom on a Nebraska ranch in winter. Lots of blankets! But that may be changing.

One financial advantage to nudism: You can save a lot of money by not running your air conditioner! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

As a matter of course I used to always sleep nude, and normally uncovered, except for some winter nights. The funny or unusal part is that when my children which the age of five, I started wearing underwear. I guess it is because I haven't taken my children to a nudist resort and my feeling is that they should make up their own mind. I can provide encouragement, but I'm not going to force anybody.

Plus in the age of PC, especially around Washington DC, you get children talking about a parent being nude, who knows what crazy will report you to some child abuse agency. John

Comment

Nicejohn:
                I behaved the same way with my kids. They were about five when I started "covering up", for the same reason as you did. Their mother still wears a short transparent nighty when at home. (We are divorced, now.) My daughter visited us and arrived when my present wife was wearing only panties. My daughter said: "Don't worry, I dress the same way at home." I'm very proud of them both !

Comment

after we got married in 1959 there has not been a night that we have not slept nude. even when we visit non nudist friends and relatives we sleep nude but keep a cover up handy. mel

Comment

I have sleep nude for maybe 10 years. My wife wears PJs when its cold or a nightie and panties when its hot. She has tried sleeping nude, but claims its too drafty. I told her it takes a week to get used to it, but she can't do without the sleep for that long and she gets very cranky when she doesn't get sleep, so I never pushed the issue. Also, unfortunately, we sleep in seperate beds... We both have a tendency of twitching just before falling asleep, which ends up waking the other person up. And, I always feel "frozen" when we sleep together, scared I am going to wake her. I need to do a certain amount of tossing and turning before I fall asleep. Being in seperate beds is probably another reason she needs to wear something to keep warm.

Maybe I will get her an electric blanket for a gift. But, she has always pooh pooh'd it everytime I suggested it.

I would dearly love if we could sleep together. Maybe next vacation, I will request a single bed, pop sleeping pills every night, and we can just tough it out for a week.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Jochanaan:
                      [qb]it's been so hot here in Denver [/qb]
                      Yes, extremely hot...but I still seem to get cold sometime during the night if I don't have a least a sheet...

Comment

We sure have! We spent a week at Club Orient this past June. The daytime temps were in the 90's and the night temps just got below 80. We slept in the living room of our chalet so we could listen to the waves on the beach while we fell asleep. The bedroom was the only room air conditioned but we wanted to be able to listen to the waves.

We put the two couches together, took a sheet off the bed and layed on top of the sheet with the sliding doors wide open and a ceiling fan on. It was warm at first but cooled down enough to sleep with out a cover. It was a very nice way to sleep in the nude.

We are already planning our next trip there. Not because we can sleep that way, but it was a nice plus to our vacation. At home, I usually fall asleep that way, on top of sheet without cover, my wife usually has just a small part of herself covered, but we both usually wake up being covered. I usually don't remember waking up and covering myself. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Halfsn and Jochanaan, Fellow Denverites! Try to go camping on the Colorado Monument anytime during the summer and I guarantee that you will not cover up! Well, I'm off to Dragon Fest!

Comment

I always sleep nude when by myself, but generally prefer some sort of covering - even a light one. The only times I sleep without a cover is on an extremely hot and still night. If it is a hot night with a light breeze I find sleeping uncovered makes me wake up a lot through the night as the breeze disturbs my body.

Comment

Here in the hill country of North Georgia, summer nights outdoors are a little cool for total nudity with no cover sheet (70 degree lows are typical). On Georgia's subtropical coastal islands, summer nights are best enjoyed totally nude in a hammock with a mosquito net (80 degree lows with 100 percent humidity).

At home, the house retains a bit of the heat of the day 'til morning and there is no need for being under bed sheets for the 4 warmest months of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X