Spencer Tunick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spencer Tunick

Anybody went to Newcastle for the shoot.
    I heard there were about 1700 people there.

Anybody went to Newcastle for the shoot.
    I heard there were about 1700 people there.

Comment

I didn't go, I was however looking forward to a TV show about the event on BBC3. When we tuned in though we found for some reason they had decided to show a dire sit com instead. Any UK peeps know what happened there?

Comment

Yes, the show was listed in the TV listings mags as being shown at 10:30pm. But it was given a new slot of 9pm so that it could include a live broadcast of the night time shoot.

The show will however be repeated on BBC3 on Wednesday night at 12:15am.

Comment

Not sure if a goal of the participants was to appear on TV.

But, would be interested in reading about any particpant's reactions about the shoot.

Comment

Missed it. Oh no, I would have loved to join in.

I saw a programmme on him last year and hoped he would come to the UK.

Hope he gets back here.

Anyone else liked to be part of his work?

Comment

I saw the broadcast last night. It was excellent in that:

- it was more about art than nudity.

- it had some interesting clips of interviews with people like Anthony Gormley who was responsible for the fantastic Angel Of The North sculpture in Gateshead and Another Place at Crosby which I can't wait to see.

- it was partly live as it showed the final installation which had nude people lying down on the Millennium Bridge, a work of art in its own right.

- not a single pixellation amongst the 1700 people who took part (I guess it wouldn't have been shown on US television).

- many of those interviewed described it as a life changing experience.

A reporter for the local newspaper said that everyone he had spoken to about the project was in favour of it.

The only criticism I had was that the presenter, whose name I forget, stripped off himself at the end of the programme and positioned himself so that his lower half was covered by some part of the structure. It seemed as though he was showing solidarity with the participants but just at the end of his piece to camera you could see that he was actually wearing underwear. So rather than being the brave person he claimed to be he had bottled out. Ah well!

Rik

Comment

Nu, a guy who posts on Cat's nudist forum attended & has raved about it. He reckoned it was gender balanced better than he expected( about 60/40 m/f) & also, there were a lot of younger people there. I presume this to mean 18-24 or so, but no matter, any press reports I've read on it & feedback from the tv prog (I was working but I'll see it on Wednesday) have been very favourable.
                A girl was interviewed on the radio & admitted she enjoyed it & would do it again & going by other postings elsewhere, many people have said they would try naturism again. All in all, a very positive outcome.

DGC

Comment

Where is Cat's nudist forum?

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Cyndiannaked:
                    Where is Cat's nudist forum?

http://freebodyzone.com/board/index.php

Strange that you did not know? 1 minute googling would have told you just as well.

Comment

This site has lot's of info about previous Spencer Tunick installations, and plenty of links to stories / pics from Newcastle.

http://thespencertunickexperience.org/oldindex.htm

Comment

After watching the show again on the repeat showing and catching up with the first half hour of the show that I missed, I really would like to take part in one of Spencer's future projects. Watching the footage of the morning shoots in Newcastle, it looked there was a great friendly vibe up there. People of all ages(18+) and pretty much 50/50 mix of the sexes. And what an experience it would have been to take part in it. I really want to get involved in one of his upcoming projects!

Though I don't think I'd take part in any installments based here in the UK, as I'd be too worried and paranoid about being filmed and spotted by family, friends, or colleages on the related TV show to the event(IF they watch the show that is, how many people watch BBC3??). That's the only thing that puts me off getting involved with a UK photo shoot. More than happy to get nude in front of others, but would not be keen on being shown full frontal on any TV broadcasts. Whilst if Spencer has any photo shoots in mainland Europe planned then I'd be seriously interested, and will plan a holiday/trip to coincide with it.

I have signed up on Spencer's website to be informed of any upcoming events. http://spencertunick.com/signup.php

Is anyone else interested in taking part in Spencer's photo shoots?

Comment

Anyone who has the chance to participate in a Tunick photo shoot should do so. I was prviligeded to participate in the Cleveland shoot that set the record in North America for an art installation. The experience was excellent. I recounted my feelings at the following link on the forums.

http://clothesfreeforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/140...620003352#3620003352

Comment

Everyone with the chance to participate should- you'll not regret it. I was in Newcastle and loved every minute. Being naked with so many others on the Millennium Bridge was sensational. I have been in seven of Spencer's art works and the thrill is not diminished for me through repeat performances. Difficult to decide which of the seven I enjoyed most, but (in date order since 2003) here they are:
                            1. Selfridges, London
                            2. "The Aristocrat", George Street, London
                            3. Razzmatazz Club, Barcelona
                            4. Ninth Street Pier, Cleveland
                            5. Central Terminal, Buffalo
                            6 (i)Koninlkijke Stadsschouwberg, Brugge
                            (ii)Vlamingstraat, Brugge
                            7 (i)Tyneside Quays, Newcastle/Gateshead
                            (ii)Millennium Bridge, Gateshead
                            In the ones I have been in the number of naked participants has varied from 2700 in Cleveland to just four of us in George Street, London. I guess I am a serial poser for Spencer! Is there anyone else on the Forum who just keeps on doing it? Now for my eighth time in Lyon.
                            the NAKED eye

Is anyone else interested in taking part in Spencer's photo shoots?[/QUOTE: Naked in the UK]

Comment

Well, now is your chance Naked in the UK to do a Spencer Tunick and avoid your concerns of participating in UK. On 11 September you can get the thrill in Lyon, France. You should!
                              theNAKEDeye
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by Naked in the UK:
                              After watching the show again on the repeat showing and catching up with the first half hour of the show that I missed, I really would like to take part in one of Spencer's future projects. Watching the footage of the morning shoots in Newcastle, it looked there was a great friendly vibe up there. People of all ages(18+) and pretty much 50/50 mix of the sexes. And what an experience it would have been to take part in it. I really want to get involved in one of his upcoming projects!

Though I don't think I'd take part in any installments based here in the UK, as I'd be too worried and paranoid about being filmed and spotted by family, friends, or colleages on the related TV show to the event(IF they watch the show that is, how many people watch BBC3??). That's the only thing that puts me off getting involved with a UK photo shoot. More than happy to get nude in front of others, but would not be keen on being shown full frontal on any TV broadcasts. Whilst if Spencer has any photo shoots in mainland Europe planned then I'd be seriously interested, and will plan a holiday/trip to coincide with it.

I have signed up on Spencer's website to be informed of any upcoming events. http://spencertunick.com/signup.php

Is anyone else interested in taking part in Spencer's photo shoots?

Comment

Working...
                              X