Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How/why do you classify yourself as a 'nudist'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How/why do you classify yourself as a 'nudist'?

Hi all,

Why do you call yourself a nudist??

I only ask because I have been to a few naturist beaches, sunbathed nude in my garden, skinny dipped with friends in Cornwall etc. but wouldn't consider myself a 'nudist'or 'naturist', just a very occasional skinny dipper/nude sun lover. I guess its as much about opportunity than anything else.

So - what in your view is the criteria for referring to yourself or to others as a nudist/naturist??

Max

quote:
    Originally posted by MaxUK:
    [qb]...I have been to a few naturist beaches, sunbathed nude in my garden, skinny dipped with friends in Cornwall etc. but wouldn't consider myself a 'nudist'or 'naturist', just a very occasional skinny dipper/nude sun lover.[/qb]
    Hi Max,

I don't know -- this fits within my definition. I'd say you qualify as a nudist. Maybe it's mostly about self-perception and mindset.

Good question. It'll be interesting to see the answers.

Vin

Comment

I reckon a nudist or naturist is someone who simply enjoys not wearing clothes sometimes for no other reason than that. Maybe not all the time, but certainly now and then. I believe you are either a naturist, or you're not, just by subscribing to the above, or not, as the case may be.

Comment

I consider myself a nudist because I am nude most of the time. I live in a secluded area and can go nude outside as much as I want. Everyone that knows me is aware of my lifestyle and that if they come over, I will be nude. If it is cold outside I may throw something on, but I don't like cold weather and don't go out in it if I don't have to. I live in eastern Okla and the weather is generally mild in the winter. Right now it is fantastic. I consider myself a nudistbecause I believe it to be a healthy lifestyle both physically and mentally. Shaylin Yarberry, Nudist and proud of it.

Comment

For some time I didn't want to classify myself as anything just me whether I am naked or not. Although, I do love to be naked all the time so I am a nudist!!

Comment

I consider myself a nudist, not because of the amount of time I spend nude. But for the amount of time I spend wishing I could be.

Steve

Comment

Simply put, if I did all the chores around the house, inside and out, wearing nothing at all, then I would consider myself as a nudist. Basically, I'm doing everything, as if I had clothes on, only I prefer to be naked. Last weekend, I barbequed some chicken, nude, but then I got a surprise. I used some new type of briquettes, and these "pop". I was getting ready to turn the meat, until one of the briquettes popped and a piece hit me very near the "sensative" spot. It didn't take very long to find some cover. There are times, one has to be careful.

Comment

Some good answers actually but Nude in the North -yours was very interesting !! What you are saying is that it's about 'thinking about' and 'wanting to be' nude even when you are not that defines your take on what a 'nudist' is.

I can see a bit of myself in that to be honest. I may have to redefine myself after the answers I've seen here!!

Max

Comment

Because I'd rather be naked than anything else! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Comment

here are the things i think describe a nudist--
                    1. the desire to be naked over being clothed (its all in the mindset)
                    2. comfortable with our own body when its naked. i think this is acquired over time- as someone else said, its self-perception of ourselves as nudists
                    3. seeing a naked person is considered normal (no shock or gawking required).

here are some things that i wish described all nudists (my personal agenda)--
                    1. an OPEN mind (since we nudists are in the minority, shouldn't we have an open mind to different lifestyles, religion, thoughts, etc.?)
                    2. a sensitivity and caring regard for the environment (since we are only naked human animals, shouldn't we respect all the other animals in the world). this extends to gun control, sensitive environmental planning and design, littering, etc. I think nudists should be more in tune with nature than their textile counterparts.
                    3. a sensitivity and caring for others as people not sexual objects. i think a lot of people get into nudism thinking it's a sex club, but they quickly get disappointed and leave us (YEAH) realizing most of us are family orientd individuals.

that's it, maybe i can spark some interesting discussions since i think this is an interesting post [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

my avatar image disappeared, let's see if this gets it back

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by florida-david:
                      [QB]here are the things i think describe a nudist-
                      here are some things that i wish described all nudists (my personal agenda)--
                      1. an OPEN mind...
                      2. a sensitivity and caring regard for the environment...
                      3. a sensitivity and caring for others as people not sexual objects...

Well said David and I too would hope that most if not all of us would agree with you.

Comment

Florida David,

Interesting post, especially the bit where you said about nudists treating others as people, not sexual objects.

This is a very good point but one I think the majority of the population have a very hard time with. I have argued elsewhere that I believe there is no such thing as 'non-sexual' nudity, based on the fact that all of us, to a person, are surrounded our whole lives by images, statements, opinions, proclamations etc. that scream the opposite is true - that nudity has, at the very least, a 'connection' with sex.

In a nudist/naturist environment, the sexual 'connection' shall we say, is there per se - as a result of the social conditioning that all of us have experienced and live with in our lives.

It is a fact that genitalia are used for sex but the difference with nudists that I can see is that this connection is just accepted as another fact of life, like the fact that skin colour can be white, brown, black and so on.

So it seems to me the sexual element IS there with nudists, it just is not dwelt on, or 'connected' - like it would be (and is) in countless other instances where a person is naked.

That's where the beauty of naturism can come into its own - when naked people are just treated for what they are, not what their nakedness supposedly represents in the minds of others.

Max

Comment

I'm sure it realy doesn't matter that I think I'm a nudist. I still have to get dressed to go out into the "real world" and I hate it. I hate clothes... they are anoying... they bind me... and they keep me from getting the exterior energy needed to keep me healthy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] That is what makes me a nudist/naturist... the love of the lack of clothes restrictions. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Oh, and the fact that nudity does not shock me or seem weird... by the way. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nudity Rules!!!
                          [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] Suntied [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not too sure if I consider myself a nudist.

I mean, I have a nudist's view on nudity, and my wife and I practice it our homes, with close friends even, but the closest we've ever been to a nude beach is Hedonism III, a lot different than the family oriented naturism that INA represents.

Comment

If you have the views of a nudist....you are a nudist.Everyone is just at different levels....Family,social, occasional,etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X