Ten Thousand Waves in Santa Fe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten Thousand Waves in Santa Fe

Has anyone been to the Ten Thousand Waves Japanese hot tub place? It is often prominently featured in hot spring books, and is very popular with the Santa Fe, NM locals.

I was there on July 4 and visited the public tub they have. For 14 bucks I could spend as much time as I wanted in a hot tub that also has a sauna and a small cold plunge pool. It is "bathing suit optional" in the day time and I was amazed to see that nearly everyone who came to the public tub did not have a bathing suit.

But unfortunately the women are allowed to go into the men's public tub, but the men are not allowed to go into the women's public tub. In the men's tub there were 18 men and 2 women. Only one woman had a bathing suit. The other brave woman who was nude had an exceptionally nice looking body and she certainly was getting attention. But the men were well behaved.

In the women's tub there were 12 women and no men. All but two of the women were nude, and three were daughters of one of the women and they were very comfortably sunning themselves in the nude.

The atmosphere there is very relaxing, with the tubs up in the hills surrounded by natural vegetation and trees.

Has anyone been to the Ten Thousand Waves Japanese hot tub place? It is often prominently featured in hot spring books, and is very popular with the Santa Fe, NM locals.

I was there on July 4 and visited the public tub they have. For 14 bucks I could spend as much time as I wanted in a hot tub that also has a sauna and a small cold plunge pool. It is "bathing suit optional" in the day time and I was amazed to see that nearly everyone who came to the public tub did not have a bathing suit.

But unfortunately the women are allowed to go into the men's public tub, but the men are not allowed to go into the women's public tub. In the men's tub there were 18 men and 2 women. Only one woman had a bathing suit. The other brave woman who was nude had an exceptionally nice looking body and she certainly was getting attention. But the men were well behaved.

In the women's tub there were 12 women and no men. All but two of the women were nude, and three were daughters of one of the women and they were very comfortably sunning themselves in the nude.

The atmosphere there is very relaxing, with the tubs up in the hills surrounded by natural vegetation and trees.

Comment

'But unfortunately the women are allowed to go into the men's public tub, but the men are not allowed to go into the women's public tub.'

Here we go again - another man pretending to be a 'naturist' when all you are after is an eyeful of a naked female form to get your jollies. Why, do tell me, would you use the word 'unfortunately' if you weren't after a cheap thrill ?? Can't wait for the reply ?!!!

Comment

MAXUK: let's be civil. Do not assume
        anything of the contributor. I think your
        question/accusation could've been more
        tactfully worded..

Comment

Amen to that Bart. I will freely admit to enjoying to sight of as well as the polite conversation with the opposite sex. This does not make me less of a naturist. Is it nessesary ? No, but it makes the experience more complete, less hypocritical as in there is nothing to hide. Just my opinion I could be wrong.

Never assume, when you do you make and *** out of U and Me.

Comment

By "unfortunately" I meant that if a man brings his wife or female friend then he is obligated to have her sit with him in a crowd of males. If there were just one tub for both genders then at least the woman would not be so outnumbered, and isn't that what naturism is at least partly about, to enable the genders to integrate rather than segregate...

Besides, if I wanted a cheap thrill I could just go to the city pool and watch the teenage gals in their "modest" bathing suits. They are far more attractive than 99% of the women I see in nudism. I prefer women to be nude not because of what they reveal, but of what they don't wear that would accentuate themselves. Anyway, nearly all of the really attractive women in this country do not ever go to places like Ten Thousand Waves, or nudist clubs. If you want to check out beautiful young women, go to the mall!

Comment

Yes well - apologies for being a little forthright - no offence intended.
              But I disagree about your idea of there being only one tub for all sexes as this would have the opposite effect and actively turn women off from wanting to go in it. A mixed tub and then two single sex tubs would be my ideal, though still not perfect, solution.

Comment

Just a quick note on 10,000 Waves - it's a really wonderful place to go to just relax and enjoy, i am on assignment in Albuquerque currently and have been living there for several months now. I will often buzz up there in the evening to have dinner at Garduno's and then soak in the tub and sun on the common tub deck. It is a quiet respectful place, and i have not observed much "gawking". If a woman is in the common area, it indicates she is comfortable with her body and in that setting. My girlfriend has visited me several times, and we have gone there to enjoy ourselves. We have spent a lot of time in the communal tub area, and my girlfriend, who is very pretty, has a beautiful body and a wonderfull all-over tan has not been offended once. She has been the object of a lot of male attention, which she enjoyed and found flattering, but was not offended in the least. But if you do go to 10,000 waves, which we highly recommend, i suggest yur rent one of the private tubs, "waterfall" is our favorite. It's great place to make love alfresco and relax, sip on mimosas and enjoy eachother's company and bodies.

Comment

I for one find a totally nude woman far less sensual than a skimpilly clad one. I find the idea of getting one's "jollies" from seeing nude women rather interesting. They're nice to look at if they've got a decent body, but, for me at least, it's just a glance, and then I look away when they're nude. However, when a nice looking woman is dressed in a sexy outfit or swimsuit, that catches my attention a lot more. I generally don't look away. Despite being used to seeing nude women, there is something about a woman in a revealing outfit that leaves little to the imagination that makes her far more interesting. Am I all that different from other men on this? I doubt that I'm a minority of one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Absolutly. I remember once being at our club and this guy was watching some show on the big screen TV in the lounge. Something like a cheerleader competion or something. When all around him outside there were nudes everywhere. I don't know why this catches our eye so. I read someplace once that this is the real reason women prefer to where clothes. That clothes are designed to attract and focus our attention on specific areas of the body. Nudity is far less exciting.

Comment

Just a follow-on to the dicussion regarding women's beauty. Just two points - one - beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder as we all know - althogh my strong personal preference is complete nudity so that i can fully appreciate the wonder of the woman's beauty, i can also be captivated by an alluring outfit, it doesn't have to be anything plunging or revealing, just something that accentuates the woman's unique beauty in that setting. Can't honestly say that if a woman is "strutting her stuff" that i am necessarily turned off, it depends on her manner and percieved intent to me. As i alluded in my note about 10,000 waves, my lady is a tall, statuesque redhead with an exceptionally nice allover tan of which she is justifiably proud, and as difficult as it is for me to react maturely and control my jealousy sometimes, She does love to show off her body. She truly enjoys men's admiring attention so long as it is gentlemanly. Her pride in her body just one of the things that i find so very attractive about her, how can i fault it, or certainly blame any guys who want to enjoy looking at her body, especially when it gives her pleasure too? For myself, lifelong nudist that i am,i am uncomfortable staring at any woman when she is nude, my girl excepted, obviously. I always try to maintain eye-contact in those situations, it is the respectful thing to do, we all want to be comfortable when we are nude, why would we violate that right for others unless it becomes clear it is not an issue for that particular woman under those particular circumstances? Very few women in my experience are like my lady, while they may enjoy flattery, overt ogling is usually uncomfortable and probably not appreciated (duh, profound huh?), but when my girl drops her kimono at 10,000 waves, or on our boat or at the beach, she enjoys bringing a smile to mens' faces, not to feed her ego, because she has none, but because she loves her body, and she enjoys sharing it with anyone who loves it too.

Comment

I had the great pleasure of going to Ten Thosand Waves last December. The atmosphere was friendly and relaxed, and the staff was attentive and pleasant. Everyone who was there when I was seemed very relaxed, and it made me feel very comfortable. I went to the communal tub only. I did not see anyone with a suit on while I was there and there seemed to be no embarrassment or unease by anyone, male or female. I certainly recommend it highly. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I see that this is a very old thread, but it deserves re-activation. I was at Ten Thousand Waves 2 weekends ago and the communal tub was STILL exactly as described immediately above. It couldn't have been a more pleasant 3 hour experience. The best thing for me was coming out of the hot tub and feeling a soft summer rain all over my body. Wow! Much better than the cool plunge pool.

Comment

Eighteen dollars for all day doesn't sound too bad at al. Maybe I can talk my wife into going there.
                            Thank you for the firsthand info.

Comment

Is that an adult-only facility or are children allowed?

Comment

Working...
                              X