Yosemite Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yosemite Camping

Does anyone know of nice day hikes from the campgrounds in Yousemite which might be secluded enough to do some nude hiking and skinny dipping?

Thanks.

Does anyone know of nice day hikes from the campgrounds in Yousemite which might be secluded enough to do some nude hiking and skinny dipping?

Thanks.

Comment

I have been to Yosemite several times, most recently 3 yrs ago and I parked along the roadside leading out West out of the valley along the river to scout for trout so I may go fly fishing. I could not see the river but climbed an embankment down to to the water and walked down stream. I found some great holes for swimming au naturel in a relatively short hike, 15 minutes from the car. You could not see the road. I never saw another person and this was in October. By the way, there were no trout.

[email protected]

Comment

I know there are places where camp staff skinnydip, but I don't know where they are.

Last August we camped at Tuolomne Meadows, and hiked out from there. That's probably not a good area for what you want, as the terrain is both open and popular. We found some lakes that seemed secluded, so I was tempted. However, people seemed to come along every 5 to 10 minutes.

One day we drove down to the valley for the Half Dome hike. We were just finishing the hike down from Half Dome when two couples passed us hiking nude. However, that was at 2:00 a.m. on a warm night.

If you ask a Ranger for suggestions directly on the subject, they won't have any choice but to cite the rules. However, you might just say that you'd like to get away from people and enjoy some wilderness solitude, and ask them to suggest an area where you'd have a good chance to be alone.

As was cited above, there are no doubt places along the Merced River on the way into the park that can't be seen from the road.

I also think there are many places on even popular trails where you could leave the trail, hike up over a small ridge, and be completely alone as long as you want. If you try that, you'd want to take extreme care to make sure you can find your way back.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was thinking that by just going off the path a ways one could enjoy bodyfreedom in a beautiful outdoor setting.

Thanks.

Comment

Toofeelgood,

Don't know much about Yosemite. Too many people and rules there. One place I have recently found is Cherry lake. The turn off is just out of Groveland. The lake is just outside the park, (Yosemite). We have been canoe camping there every July for the past couple of years. The lake is great for skinny dipping, but you really neeed a canoe or kyak to get up-lake a bit to get away form people. In July the water is warm and clear. Really great!

Comment

Here is a good place to skinnydip in Yosemite.
              I have been there many times and it is the top pool under Bridalveil Falls. See photo below. The lower pool has all the tourists and they wear clothes in the water, don't go there, go higher. The water falling on your head feels great! Have fun!
              Corky

Comment

Corky...Gorgeous picture....originally got me to the backpacking website...Probably should warn everyone not to try skinnydipping or any other dipping at the base of the falls during the spring runoff season ,...usally April ,May,and June....Snowing lightly this morning at the 6500ft level...33 degrees. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

We'll be in Yosemite in August. Does the trail to the pool start near the bottom of the falls, or do you start from a different location?

Comment

I dont beieve there is an actual trail...Im afraid going beyond the paved viewing trail is frowned on by the rangers...Corky can correct me if Im wrong....The one time I made it to the bottom of the falls was in a drought year and I just followed the stream over the route of least resistance...You really cant miss it..It almost goes dry in late summer and fall..Spectacular to view in the spring..Lots of mist over a wide area.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Hopefully there is still water falling in August. There isn't much of a trail. But, just keep heading safely for the bottom of the falls.
                      Corky

Comment

Working...
                      X