Dressing up sexy for a dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dressing up sexy for a dance

This is a spin off from another topic. Some nudist places allow people to dress up in sexy outfits at the dances. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Don't we dress up sexy when we go out on non-nudist nights on the town? Perhaps men aren't reading us women right on this issue.

Does it hurt nudism?

Should we be keeping nudism totally asexual? Is it ever really asexual?

This is a spin off from another topic. Some nudist places allow people to dress up in sexy outfits at the dances. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Don't we dress up sexy when we go out on non-nudist nights on the town? Perhaps men aren't reading us women right on this issue.

Does it hurt nudism?

Should we be keeping nudism totally asexual? Is it ever really asexual?

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by cyndiann:
      [qb] This is a spin off from another topic. Some nudist places allow people to dress up in sexy outfits at the dances. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Does it hurt nudism?

Should we be keeping nudism totally asexual? Is it ever really asexual? [/qb]
      I know when I first saw this, I was a little surprised. I did find it a little strange to go to a nudist resort to have people wearing clothes. If we are going to be wearing clothes, why bother going to a nudist resort?

Comment

I feel that for dances, anything that would be appropriate for textile dances should also be appropriate for nudist dances. If we are talking about slinky negligees, that may not be acceptable, but a sexy, low cut dress should be fine.

If the dress of the participants goes beyond the line of sexiness and into sexual, that is the time to have the person change. If the latter is accepted, then it would hurt the nudist atmosphere.

Now for the idea of nudism as asexual. It is as asexual as public gaterings are. It will never be totally asexual, but it should not be sexual either. There is an appropriate balance.

Bob S.

Comment

Humans are sexual creatures and I think it would wrong to deny our sexuality. Saying that, I think it's important to identify when, how, and where our sexuality can be demonstrated without offending the majority of those around us. Being nude, to me, is not necessarily sexual and I think I'd be upset to go to a nudist event in which sexuality were being emphasized, whether it be with people walking around in suggestive lingerie or people talking about topics more appropriate for private conversation. Overt sexual overtones at a family-oriented nudist venue, as most nudist venues would describe themselves, will prove to textiles that nudism IS all about sexuality and I think that will hurt our image as a family-oriented style of recreation.

Melissa

Comment

Lets make some clarifications here. Things are already getting muddy.

Dresses are ok but not lingerie? What if it were a net dress? or lace? After all,we are nudists. And if a net dress is ok, is all lingerie not ok? How about those filmy wraps women use? What if they were wearing strips of leather? Aren't these just ways of dressing up the body nudist style?

And to address Melissa...

the dances at my club and many clubs are in a clubhouse, not around the pool midday and children aren't allowed in. At Como we actually have two dances, one on Friday night outside that includes the kids and the other on Saturday nights for adults only. The attire allowed at the adult dance is not permitted in other public areas in the park.

Shouldn't the parents have a little time to unwind at a dance without children around? Don't you ever dress a little sexy when going out on a date? Because we are nudists isn't it ok to dress up nudity sometimes? Women tend to like to do that outside the resorts. Why not inside too?

Comment

Despite my love of being nude and my dislike of wearing clothes, I find myself looking at clothes in a store and thinking that I like this or that and wonder how it would look on me.

I always wonder why anyone would wear ANYTHING at a nudist resort if they didn't HAVE to. If a dance calls for some clothing between nude bodies, then wear as little as possible. Sexy is in the eye of the beholder. What's sexy to one wouldn't faze another. I for some reason unknown even to me find black on a woman to be sexy. I look better in black than any other color. I used to know a woman at work that I found it hard to take my eyes off of when she wore black. Man! Did she ever look SEXY!

Comment

How about togas? THEY ARE LOOSE FITTING ,airy and would be acceptable to slow dance in. Lingerie seems to put a sexual aspect on things.

Comment

Humans are sexual creatures and I think it would wrong to deny our sexuality. Saying that, I think it's important to identify when, how, and where our sexuality can be demonstrated without offending the majority of those around us.
                  -------------------------------------------------

Yeah i think Stu would love to use this quote against nudity. I know that nudity and sex/sexual behavior are not inherently the same thing but im sure he in some funny way thinks they might be and would use this against us the part where it says do our best not to offend the majority. I just think that if you go to a nudist resort, BE NUDE *except first timers or when its cold or for medical reasons* but otherwise go nude or just go to some textile place. I mean nudist resorts have too much trouble with society at large not accepting clothes and also with pervs coming to their resorts wearing clothes. I mean its almost as bad as those kids you get going into textile swimming pools in shirts and sometimes full clothing, if they cant wear the suit then they shouldnt be allowed in, same with nudity, if you cant be nude then you shouldnt come. Sounds kinda harsh but I think theres some logic to this.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by R.M.GREENMAN2:
                    [qb] How about togas? THEY ARE LOOSE FITTING ,airy and would be acceptable to slow dance in. Lingerie seems to put a sexual aspect on things. [/qb]
                    All you guys are missing the point here, probably because you are guys. Women like dressing up pretty and sexy.

I went to a huge party last night and many of the women had provocative clothing on. Of course there was a sexual aspect to it. If all that happens is women dancing in pretty and even sexual clothes is there any harm? This doesn't mean anything sexual was going on or was expectedto happen.

It's a female thing! I know I had some sexy clothes on! Was I expecting to have sex? Of course not. Was I looking to hook up with swingers? Nope, not even.

Try thinking about this from a female point of view.

Comment

I think that if you wear clothing other than in practical reasons, all it does is promote shame and I know women like to look pretty but most of them should just feel pretty the way they are because most women are pretty just being naked and being themselves and thats the way it oughta be, if you add anything else, I just think ur fooling yourself with false beauty. real beauty is in who and what you are and whats on the inside.

Comment

Hey guys... dressing up sexy for a dance is good for nudism. It reinforces the notion that nudity isn't inherently sexual. Otherwise, why bother with the outfit? It's the clothing that makes it sexy.

Body paint could have a similar effect but would make a real mess.

About 30 lbs and 20 years ago when I was doing strip-o-grams, the sexiness wasn't that I got naked. I could do that in about 5 seconds and that would have been that. The sexiness was in in the layers of clothing I wore and my gradual removal of same.

The desire to see what was underneath is what makes clothing sexy. Reveal all and there is no mystery.

When I wear clothes in a public environment, I dress like an ordinary textile would. I'm not going to push the envelope by seeing how little I can get away with, it's either nude or it's within the range of what the average textile impaired would consider "good taste". I won't wear just a thong or a g-string or whatever. Those kinds of "clothing" are intended to draw atention to what they are covering and to send a sexual signal. (And generally look very silly if you don't have the body for it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] )

Saying people can't dress sexy for a dance is the same as saying they can't ever be publicly sexy. I'd find that a depressing state of affairs.

Comment

Aunature,

You seem to be missing the context of this.

We are not talking about clothing that has merely a little sex appeal, this was a dance in which some ladies wore underwear or lingerie in a sexually provocative manner. What's worse, this was done at a family nudist resort. Given the current state of hysteria in Florida about nudist resorts and sexual rumors, this is the last thing we need. There are swinger resorts and textile clubs aplenty for that sort of thing.

Lake Como has a good reputation and deservedly so, but these late night sexually-titillating dances are clearly inconsistent with their own goals of providing a wholesome family atmosphere.

Not only that, there are precious few places in the USA where we can enjoy nudity. Clothed events at nudist venues only serve to intrude on our territory.

Those of us who are Christians are called to dress modestly according to scripture. Public sexual dancing in erotic underwear is not modest. There is a good reason that erotic dancing starts with riske clothing rather than nudity. Simple nudity is quite modest, even boring to those looking for seduction.

Comment

Thank you, cyndiann, for a wonderful topic, one close to my heart.
                            I realise most people don't think of dancing quite the same way as I do. I've been ballroom dancing since I was 16. Dancing is inherently sexy. Just as rock-n-roll was condemned by conservative society in the 50s, so was the Viennese Waltz criticised, when it started to sweep Europe many years ago.
                            The Viennese Waltz is romantic, the Cuban Rhumba sexy, the Cha Cha Cha cheeky and flirty and the Jive has a touch of the young rebel about it.
                            If you get the chance, watch Latin dancers, on TV or video, at world class competition level. The World Championships are held every year at Blackpool, England. The competitors are top athletes, in every sense of the word. The guys generally aim for an artistic macho look, whilst the girls costumes are sometimes so brief that you wonder how they hold together. The result is unashamedly sexy.
                            My dancing is social, not even remotely at that level, but, if you have the feeling, the concept remains the same.
                            Dancing is an active sport, not suited to heavy, restrictive clothing, for either men or women. A man trying to dance in a suit is ridiculous, but, just like wearing clothes for swimming, common sense is sometimes lagging behind, because of tradition.
                            My second wife was a beautiful dancer, and she'd worked as a model and in the fashion industry. She knew how to design and make sexily elegant dresses and she knew how to move in them,too. No tan-lines either! I'm not a jealous man, I just loved to be with her, and I still miss her and think I always will.
                            Time moves on, I have a lovely lady-friend, and she is a good ballroom dancer too. With my encouragement and approval, she is wearing briefer dresses than when we first met.
                            My dancing is in public ballrooms and, of course, nudity is out of the question. However, Kathy and I did dance many times at nudist functions, some of which were clothes-optional, and also at the Perth Arts Balls [run by the gay community, but all welcome], where we took the opportunity to be somewhat outrageous, but not nude.
                            After all, it's not hard to be sexy without being vulgar, and outrageous and still be tasteful. And I can't see that doing any harm to one's reputation, whether it's the nudist club, the tennis club, or Stu's health club!

Comment

I'm an odd female and I'll be the first to admit it. At present (and all my life, really) I don't date and I don't like to dress sexy. My normal work attire is a cutesy teacher sweater and khaki/navy/black pants.

BUT, I realize that I'm in the minority here and I absolutely don't look down on those women who like to get dressed up, look sexy, and go on dates. When I hit that point in my life I'll certainly ask for some pointers from you all! (Especially women, so stick around here Cyndiann!)

When I wrote my last post here I was thinking of a few things. First, a sexually-charged environment is no place for children. Especially at a place advertising a family-friendly atmosphere. It sounds like Cyndiann's club has made this a non-issue by having a child-friendly dance as well as an adult dance. That works perfectly.

My second issue is destroying the image of nudism. Many textiles HATE nudism, thinking that nudity= sex. While we are sexual people, that does not mean we're having sex at every moment that we're nude. Nudism is not a sexually-charged lifestyle and I don't think it should be. That being said, there are places all over the 'regular world' in which people can dress sexy for an evening to go dancing. My understanding- which could very well be wrong since I've never been to these places, so please correct me gently if I'm mis-speaking- is that a lot of people go to these kinds of dances for sex (in the textile world, anyway.) While one person may go with the most innocent of intentions, I could see how such a dance would bring out the swinging crowd and/or draw those who are simply looking for a sex-mate for the evening. Which brings about a few questions: 1) Am I wrong? (It's happened before!) 2) Is it OK for nudists to have sexually-charged dances/ swinger dances? 3) What effect do these dances have on the publics perception of nudism?

I don't know that I'm against such dances as I'm too uninformed about the topic to have a specific opinion. Right now, these dances are not to me. But I think it would be wrong of me to push my preferences on others. I'm just throwing out my thoughts here in hopes of spurring on the discussion and educating people- including myself. This is truly an intriguing topic to me.

Melissa

Comment

Working...
                              X