Theme parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theme parks

Do any theme parks have nudist/naturist days? They have gay day and Christian day and everything else you can think of. What about nude days? I'd be interested in going if they do.

There are two parks near me, Kings Dominion and of course Williamsburg, Va. I have not heard of either having special group days never mind nudist day. But that would be a scream!

Comment

This is where AANR should be doing its bit, we have a growing number of venue's, still early days yet but I'm ever hopeful.

See the BN web site for the Alton Towers event, although not in the main theme park, it may just expand if the water park event is financially viable.

We also had an evening at the 'Eden Project' in Cornwall, a great time was had by all.

These events are small, but as the leisure industry begins to realise that there is money to be had from those nudists, there may be more on offer.

Pete Knight

Comment

"Gay day" or "Christian Day" or "Senior Skip Day" at amusement parks are typically not officially sanctioned events - they are just a day picked by a group to all go to the park together - the park itself may or may not even know they are on the groups calendars. That is the case with the Disney "Gay Family Days" that got the Southern Baptist Convention's panties in such a knot that they called on all Christians to boycott Disney - for an event Disney never even sanctioned. Disney to their credit did not tell their gay visitors that they were unwelcome.

Note that these events are not exclusive - non members are not turned away from the parks. In practice a "nude day" would probably have to be exclusive - it is doubtful any park would allow regular customers to mingle with a nude group on its grounds.

CFI tried to hold an nude day at a California water park a few years ago - until local media and activists intimidated the park into canceling.

I'd wager it to be very unlikely that a US theme park would allow a nude day.

But ... in the Midwest indoor water parks are becoming more and more common. They tend to pop up in resort and tourist areas to extend the season through the winter. Most are connected to a hotel. It is possible a smaller one might be willing to rent out to a nudist group or convention in the off season.

-Mark

Comment

It would really be a lot of fun to get to go nude at a water park. I don't expect this to be something that I will ever get to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Naturist Mark:
            "Gay day" or "Christian Day" or "Senior Skip Day" at amusement parks are typically not officially sanctioned events - they are just a day picked by a group to all go to the park together - the park itself may or may not even know they are on the groups calendars. That is the case with the Disney "Gay Family Days" that got the Southern Baptist Convention's panties in such a knot that they called on all Christians to boycott Disney - for an event Disney never even sanctioned. Disney to their credit did not tell their gay visitors that they were unwelcome.

Note that these events are not exclusive - non members are not turned away from the parks. In practice a "nude day" would probably have to be exclusive - it is doubtful any park would allow regular customers to mingle with a nude group on its grounds.

CFI tried to hold an nude day at a California water park a few years ago - until local media and activists intimidated the park into canceling.

But ... in the Midwest indoor water parks are becoming more and more common. They tend to pop up in resort and tourist areas to extend the season through the winter. Most are connected to a hotel. It is possible a smaller one might be willing to rent out to a nudist group or convention in the off season.

-Mark
            In addition to what Mark said --- being nude outdoors where you can be seen in public is against the law in most cities and/or states. So the Water Park would have to be completely private (fenced, walled, or indoors) to keep the "public" from seeing and complaining about there being nude people visible in the park. That's one of the things that the Legal and PR Departments would be thinking about when they're approached to use their Water Park for a Nude Day.

Take Care & Stay Bare,
            David
            Last edited by D-TX; 09-22-2007, 09:50 PM. Reason: Fixing "quotes", they didn't transition well to the new forum.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Naturist Mark:

-Mark

You're right about the exclusivity. One of the reasons we can't effectively rent out large facilities is because we would have to have total, full exclusive access.

On a smaller scale, it's done. A lot of non-landed groups rent out health clubs and pools for their private use BUT there has to be a sufficient number of attendees for the event to work.

Thus, no, you will likely never see a Busch park, or Six Flags, or Disney have a "nude day", even if there were no political obstacles to doing so.

Here in the good old U.S.A., the largest nudist/naturist event that takes place at what is a non-nudist venue is the Eastern Naturist Gathering - which just went by last month. It's at Eastover Resort. It's a family-style resort, with a variety of events, and The Naturist Society takes it over for a week. This has been taking place for ten years, and will be back there in 2008.

There are typically 700 people on the grounds, max, on the final full day -- but they can accomodate more if the demand exists.

I also belong to some groups that rent pools and health clubs in the winter. But to rent a big commercial resort? Don't think it will ever happen.

Comment

great idea! fun for the whole family. a water park does sound inviting. if anyone knows of such a day let us all know!

Comment

The largest regular water park we have is Waterworld at Stoke-on-Trent and is organised by a non landed club, its open to all, no single discrimination at all.

The event at Alton Towers (Not very far from Stoke as it happens.) is operated by the theme park owners, it is an annual event and only in its second year, but it is nude all weekend, including the evening entertainment.

Pete Knight

Comment

If I'm not mistaken TNS had and article about the event in their last issue on N magazine. looked like lots of fun!!

Comment

Working...
                    X