Quaker Youth Camp - the Fifth Freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quaker Youth Camp - the Fifth Freedom

Someone posted a question about the name and contact information of a nudist Quaker youth camp. I found the information, but the post and question had disappeared.

The camp in question is Farm & Wilderness Camp in Vermont.

It is NOT nudist, but voluntary skinny dipping is practiced. They have a policy they call The Fifth Freedom:
      We say that young people are free to wear what they choose and have given this the name, "The Fifth Freedom." Our costume boxes are legendary and it’s not unusual to see campers and staff parading across the lawn in outrageous outfits. No longer compelled to wear what fashion magazines dictate, campers and staff are empowered to be their own best selves. Campers are free to wear what they want at the waterfronts as well. The acceptance of skinny dipping at F&W waterfronts has roots going back 60 years and happens only when specific conditions are met. Staff initiate discussions about respect for the human body, nudity, privacy, making choices, and respecting others’ choices. At all of the camps except for Saltash Mountain, which is a suited swimming camp only, campers are encouraged to choose what they want to wear at the waterfront and that choice can include nothing at all. Some campers and staff continue to wear suits, while others choose not to. We actively support every individual’s choice. Because of the active interactions between our camps during square dances, trips and other shared activities, it is likely that campers will encounter co-ed environments. This may include waterfronts where skinny-dipping is practiced.[/list]

The only nudist youth camps I am aware of are the AANR sponsored Youth Leadership Camps.

-Mark

Someone posted a question about the name and contact information of a nudist Quaker youth camp. I found the information, but the post and question had disappeared.

The camp in question is Farm & Wilderness Camp in Vermont.

It is NOT nudist, but voluntary skinny dipping is practiced. They have a policy they call The Fifth Freedom:
      We say that young people are free to wear what they choose and have given this the name, "The Fifth Freedom." Our costume boxes are legendary and it’s not unusual to see campers and staff parading across the lawn in outrageous outfits. No longer compelled to wear what fashion magazines dictate, campers and staff are empowered to be their own best selves. Campers are free to wear what they want at the waterfronts as well. The acceptance of skinny dipping at F&W waterfronts has roots going back 60 years and happens only when specific conditions are met. Staff initiate discussions about respect for the human body, nudity, privacy, making choices, and respecting others’ choices. At all of the camps except for Saltash Mountain, which is a suited swimming camp only, campers are encouraged to choose what they want to wear at the waterfront and that choice can include nothing at all. Some campers and staff continue to wear suits, while others choose not to. We actively support every individual’s choice. Because of the active interactions between our camps during square dances, trips and other shared activities, it is likely that campers will encounter co-ed environments. This may include waterfronts where skinny-dipping is practiced.[/list]

The only nudist youth camps I am aware of are the AANR sponsored Youth Leadership Camps.

-Mark

Comment

I am pretty sure that the Quaker youth camps are for Quaker youth only. Although a friend on mine, who was not a Quaker, did work on staff one summer a few years back. He said that almost all the youth, both boys and girls, along with the staff, did skinnydip whenever they went swimming. I will add that I have visited the AANR youth camps about three times as I know a couple of staff members there and from what I saw going on, the AANR camps are a fantastic opportunity for teens to experience a unique camp and learn a lot while making some new friends.
      Florida Cracker

Comment

I never in this world would have imagined nudity in a Quaker environment. Is good to see healthy nude recreation in this group!

Comment

Working...
        X