Many people don't mind, if you ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many people don't mind, if you ask

A couple days ago I spent a wonderful afternoon out on my boat and in particular, beached on an island. Nothing tropical mind you. This is Minnesota after all, and not far from Minneapolis. After spending about an hour and a half wearing nothing but a smile while taking in the sun on a small beach, a boat approached with two people aboard. I pulled a short sarong around my waist and greeted them as they landed. After a few minutes I decided to ask them if they were naturists. While they said they were not they certainly didn't mind if I wanted to enjoy the sunshine au naturel. I quickly got rid of the sarong and was able to enjoy the rest of the afternoon as I had intended, with walks around the island, writing, a picnic lunch and a quick dip in the water. In the end they thanked me for sharing "my beach" with them. Sometimes all it takes is to ask. If they say "no" then you know. If they say "yes" then you've found another like minded or at least accepting individual and you can enjoy the day as you had initially hoped. Definately worth the question, I think.

A couple days ago I spent a wonderful afternoon out on my boat and in particular, beached on an island. Nothing tropical mind you. This is Minnesota after all, and not far from Minneapolis. After spending about an hour and a half wearing nothing but a smile while taking in the sun on a small beach, a boat approached with two people aboard. I pulled a short sarong around my waist and greeted them as they landed. After a few minutes I decided to ask them if they were naturists. While they said they were not they certainly didn't mind if I wanted to enjoy the sunshine au naturel. I quickly got rid of the sarong and was able to enjoy the rest of the afternoon as I had intended, with walks around the island, writing, a picnic lunch and a quick dip in the water. In the end they thanked me for sharing "my beach" with them. Sometimes all it takes is to ask. If they say "no" then you know. If they say "yes" then you've found another like minded or at least accepting individual and you can enjoy the day as you had initially hoped. Definately worth the question, I think.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Certainly in that kind of remote situation, and where you got there first, there's no reason not to ask and lots of reasons why you should ask.

Comment

I was selling my Laser at Changi Sailing Club before leaving Singapore. The gal who wanted to buy it wanted to take it out first, with me. So, I asked her whether she minded if I sailed naked. She didn't. We went out a couple times before she bought the boat. She didn't join me, but I was very happy to be able to continue to sail naked.

Comment

With sailing, hiking or around the pool I've had 100% sucess rate with "asking first". It's been my experience that being the nudist in a group is like being a smoker for example, as long as you respect other peoples comfort level and remove the "shock value", most of the time it turns out to be not a big deal and is usually comfortably received.

Comment

This is TOTALLY what I've been saying to other nudists I know...

After getting 14 acres about 5 years ago, my wife and I slowly got more and more comfortable with our nudity. After while we just told everyone about it and to call before they head out.. so we wouldn't have to 'go running' for clothes. Either call ahead or just come over if you don't care seeing flesh..

I come up with the term "The Question". That being, "Hey, do you mind if we're nude while you're here". Mind you, I ask this of friends and family that already know my wife and I and usually have known we're nudists for awhile. I usually only ask those that come over a lot or for long durations or are good friends that knew a long time. Now, its become nearly all my friends.

I have yet to find anyone.. ANYONE that says no.. My wife's oldest brother balked at first, but once he started visiting with his fiance, she didn't have a problem with and he relented as it truely not being a big deal. Most are of the opinion that its my place and they shouldn't change my lifestyle. Wow... did I get a lot of positive energy from people saying that. Some said it so emphatically that I almost felt silly for asking instead of just being free enough to be me. Most also say they too would be nude there if it were their place.

This has really encouraged me about the state of nudism. If approached appropriately and people see it as you doing it for wholesome reasons, they don't mind being around it. Over time I sway a friend here or there to disrobe or go to a nudist function with me. I think most will.. they just have to get used to the idea for awhile.

Comment

I don't get around here much lately so nobody here probably has any clue who I am. But to chime in I have found it to be the best idea in the world to just ask if it's ok to be nude around others. I have had numerous roommates in my life and consider myself to be blessed in the friend department. I have never kept my naturist lifestyle a secret from anyone but haven't had the luck some of you have seem to be having with getting friends to join in. I have gotten my friends into a tradition of skinny dipping the two times a year we all go out to the lake house and Im proud to say that I've convinced over 20 people to shed before at one such lake event. Other than skinnydipping though nobody is really interested in shedding their clothes for any activity. I on the other hand am much more happy naked than clothed and pretty much shed my clothes every chance I get whether in public or private. Well back on subject.

I had one roommate for about 8 years and he was absolutely ok with me being nude once I explained that it was all in good fun and all that. He even took the time to introduce his girlfriend to my lifestyle and she became ok with it as well. As I said before I never hid my naturist lifestyle with any of my friends so it got to the point where I never even had to think about putting clothes no matter who knocked at the door (pizza guy aside..I'm not for shocking anyone) I actually got up the nerve to ask some of my friends if it would be ok if I were sometimes nude when visiting and one couple I know was ok with even that though they wouldn't join in but on rare occasions. I was very proud of both myself for the courage and my friends for their openmindedness...I mean imagine it, you are at someone elses house, watching a movie or playing cards and having a few drinks and your able to be comfortable without making them uncomfortable. If only the rest of the world were as cool as some of my friends.

I've since stopped getting nude so often at others homes since some of the girlfriends have changed and coworkers of my friends are often around (wouldn't want to ruin their image at work :P) but I still enjoy naturism with friends, roommates, and anyone I can convince to join in or just loosen up.

Great topic by the way..you bring back great memories from living in San Antonio a few years ago. I still am nude at my house and my current roommate is ok with it though my girlfriend wont be nude when he's home but we are happy little naturists.

Peace, Love, Skin
              Floggeriffic

Comment

Just the other day I was working in the basement and nude as usual when the dogs started to bark. My wife came to the door and said to come on up we have a visiter, one of her good friends that we haven't seen for almost a year. I was about to say throw me down some shorts when my wife said just come on up she knows your always naked and she doesn't care I asked first. Our friend also had her kids with her but they made no comment and so I enjoyed their afternoon visit comfortably. When they left they all said they enjoyed the visit and will come back more often.

Comment

I have myown story on this subject.

I was out in the eastern Sierra Nevada mountains near the town of Bridgeport visiting some hotsprings which are known as clothing optional. Well the firt day I had the springs first so no problem got nude and as others showed up no one objected. Next day there were people already there so I just asked and, shocker no one mided at all. In fact one woman there thanked me for asking saying she never minded but did appreciate being asked politely. I was very encouraged by all this and whenever I find myself in similar situations I always ask, never hurts.

Comment

I do not most people have a problem with it as long as we are not lude. I have been told twice allready that i was the one nude not them and they did not have a problem with it. My sister was one of the people who said it to me

Comment

I agree as well. My wife and I were entertaining friends of ours and their children at our home a few monthes ago. After dinner we invited the couple to take a dip with us in the hot tub. My wife asked them if it was OK if we were nude. They had no problem with it at all and appreciated us asking. While in the hot tub, the husband mentioned that he has went nude water skiing when they were younger. I don't think they would have mentioned that story if we weren't nude. It was kind of fun being naked with them and I think they will get naked with us the next time they visit.

Cheers!

Comment

My roommate (female) was out at a bar with a friend of her's (also female) and called me to tell me that her friend may be spending the night with us because she had had too much to drink and wanted to let me know before they came back to the apt. I'm normaly nude around the apt and my roommate doesn't mind, she's naked sometimes too, just not as often.

When she told me about her frined I asked "so does this mean I should put on some cloths?" My roommate said "no she doesn't care." So I didn't and everything was cool.

Comment

I had a similar experience to Bob this summer at a hot spring in Washington. All the scuttlebutt said that skinny dipping in the spring was quite common, but when I got there everybody had suits on. So I just asked casually and politely (more or less directing the question to the only women in the group) if it was a problem that I didn't have a suit with me. She spoke right up, saying no it wasn't a problem, and I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon.

Comment

when my wife and I started being nudists, my mother helped herself inside the house one day. only to be utterly shocked at my nakedness. she immediately looked at the ceiling and nervously and apologetically said "I didn't see anything!"
                            I said It's all right mom, I don't care.
                            still looking at the ceiling she asked where my wife was. I said in the kitchen,SHE'S NAKED!"
                            she still set off for the kitchen only to be shocked a second time. making a long boring story a short boring one... we where both there totally naked in front of my mom. she was obviously stressed, and by this time getting a kink in her neck. she asked my wife to put an apron on or something. I asked if It was ok if I was nude and she said "NO" and went on to tell me why because it's just wrong and all that.
                            So I put on some shorts I had handy so she could relax

Comment

I find that when I am up front with others about my nudity, they seem allright with it. Much of the fear about what may happen if others knew, is groundless. I am not suggesting everyone run out and tell everyone they know they are a nudist. Just that it is not usually as bad as we think. One's imagination isn't always based on reality.

Comment

Working...
                              X