Boundaries of 'non-sexual' nudity - a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boundaries of 'non-sexual' nudity - a question

I have read many posts that all indicate an erection while in a naturist setting is perfectly normal, nothing to worry about and should just be ignored.

An erection, to me, is about as sexual an 'event' as you can get, so I ask this:

When does 'non-sexual' nudity become 'sexual' nudity that is tolerated, because it is happening a nude setting?

Obviously two people having open sex on the beach is 'sexual' nudity which will not be tolerated (except at the far end of Cap d'Adge beach - I've seen it)

Where should the line be drawn, if anywhere????

I have read many posts that all indicate an erection while in a naturist setting is perfectly normal, nothing to worry about and should just be ignored.

An erection, to me, is about as sexual an 'event' as you can get, so I ask this:

When does 'non-sexual' nudity become 'sexual' nudity that is tolerated, because it is happening a nude setting?

Obviously two people having open sex on the beach is 'sexual' nudity which will not be tolerated (except at the far end of Cap d'Adge beach - I've seen it)

Where should the line be drawn, if anywhere????

Comment

I can remember being a few years younger than I am now and having spontaneous-seeming erections without the least intent to do sex. From what I've read, such erections in young men are seen as somewhat unavoidable and thus are usually accepted.

Aside from that, the rules are pretty much the same at nudist events as in the textile public, with the usual individual variations. Suggestive gestures, inappropriate or unwanted touch, and other forms of harassment are even more strongly prohibited among us than they are among non-nudists.

It's all in the intent.

Comment

quote:
        erections in young men are seen as somewhat unavoidable
        Yup. When I was a teenager there were times the slightest thing would trigger them. Smelled a girl's perfume or thought about how pretty she was. (Even the teacher!) Had to pee. Was a little nervous. Got stumped by an exam. Felt excited about something completely unrelated to sex. Underwear was too tight. Or for no reason at all I could discern.

It is a natural reaction as a boy's body adapts to all the hormones flooding through him.

Spontaneous erections are inevitable and some will get them more frequently than others. Even infants get them but the frequency ramps up as the testosterone level in the bloodstream ramps up.

I honestly believe that wearing clothing is a major contributor. It causes stimulation that wouldn't normally be there and then adds constriction and even more stimulation when one does. I would love to see a study of the Masai and the Dinka of Africa to see if their (usually nude) adolescent boys have them as frequently as their textile impaired counterparts.

The phobia about the spontaneous erection is one reason you see proportionally fewer few younger men and boys at naturist events. I think it is mostly a "problem" for "newbies". The boys and young men who are naturist "regulars" generally have rendered it a non-issue, both by reducing the frequency and by not being upset when it does occur.

Comment

The truth is, erections can happen even when you are clothed. I remember one such time as I was at Church, the meeting was closing and I was about to get up, but before I could an erection snuck up on me. I don't remember thinking anything dirty either. So I just acted casual about it, and sat down for awhile, pretending I was resting, until it subsided.

This could be done at a nude organization. If you have an erection, just act casual and don't make a big deal about it. Maybe sit down and try to ignore it.

Comment

One word: behaviour.

When behaviour becomes sexual, the nudity becomes sexual.

Bob S.

Comment

I think the penis rubbing against the clothes has a lot to do with it.. clothese can also constrict blood flow enough to resist blood flowing out of the penis.. regardless, you get a lot of sensory input from the pants/shorts/etc.

Now that I'm an adult, that doesn't happen as much, but it still can. And it would happen a lot when rough housing with my boys while nude. I'd get an erection because of the inconsequental contact I noticed.

I was probably about 30 at my first official/open/lots-o-people nudist event and I really didn't even think to worry about erections--I knew it'd be just like being clothed looking at naked women walk around. I don't get erections *that* easily. If it's you start actively thinking about doing particular sexual things and positions, and how you would.. and well, you know.. but that can happen clothed or not. You're penis doesn't really know it's naked or not, it simple does what you brain tells it to do.. "Get ready dude.." or " I wonder if its going to rain today" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

It seems to be that people are focussing on the 'behaviour' element of this, which I accept. But there is also a deeper 'perception' issue here which is clouded by the naturist outlook that people here have.

My view is that 'inappropriate behaviour' encompasses many things, not just touching people, or excessive staring/leering. Most people on these forums would say that public nudity should be allowed on any public beach or public park. Now it seems you are saying as long as someone doesn't 'behave' in a sexual way, it would be OK to walk around a beach, any beach (if allowed) with a erection and deem it perectly acceptable.

Of course, the definition of 'inappropriate behaviour' differs from person to person, but I get the sense that people here, desperate to support naturism, are somewhat naive to what most people, even naturists themselves would consider 'inappropriate behaviour'.

There must be a line that's generally recognised as not acceptable to cross. If people were a little more realistic about where that line should be, I think naturism might get a little more of the respect it craves.

Max

Comment

I've always suggested that, as ettiquette, when a male is naked and is at a nude venue, erections should be dealt with discretely wither with a towel, sitting down, taking a dip, etc. If it occurs during physical activity like volleyball, jogging, etc. it should be ignored.

"but I get the sense that people here, desperate to support naturism, are somewhat naive to what most people, even naturists themselves would consider 'inappropriate behaviour'."

Max, define what you consider as "inappropriate behaviour." I may have a similar idea as well. Keep in mind that all of my defense of public nudity is because of the arguments that have been leveled here have fallen flat in why we should not allow some of it. I actually would not partake in going in public naked unless I knew that it was legal and most of the people around me didn't mind. Even then, it would depend on the situation.

"There must be a line that's generally recognised as not acceptable to cross."

We know where it is right now. And most nudists are sensitive about that line. That is why progress is so slow, if I may borrow from another topic. We don't like to make waves. But eventually, the line must be moved, and if we are going to move the line, I would hope the line would be moved farther down into more nudity acceptance.

Bob S.

Comment

Working...
                  X