Canuding the Upper Missouri River summer 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canuding the Upper Missouri River summer 2006

I am planning a canoe trip next summer, paddling the Upper Missouri river through Montana.

This trip will follow the route Meriwether Lewis took returning from the Pacific. (Clark was on a different route, going through what is today the southern part of Montana)

This will be on the 200th anniversery of this adventure, to the day. Hopefully camping at or near the same places they camped travelling back eastward. This area is very remote, Google Image it for pictures. I have never paddled this before, but have talked to nudist who have paddled it and they all said from the time you shove off to all most the take out, you can be and stay nude all week. There are no houses or commercialization along this section of the river. Once you start, it is very hard to just quite and go home. It is VERY remote.

I have lots of camping/canoeing exspearence. This is a bring your own gear trip.

This is a week long, 149 mile trip. The river moves along at a good pace so even at 149 miles, it should be a easy paddle.

This trip will take place in Augest of 2006.

I'm just seeing if anyone is interested in taking this adventure? For some reason the idea of being nude for a week straight, out in nature, just appeals to me...

Hey if anyone has ever paddled this trip please shout it out....

Thanks Jason

I am planning a canoe trip next summer, paddling the Upper Missouri river through Montana.

This trip will follow the route Meriwether Lewis took returning from the Pacific. (Clark was on a different route, going through what is today the southern part of Montana)

This will be on the 200th anniversery of this adventure, to the day. Hopefully camping at or near the same places they camped travelling back eastward. This area is very remote, Google Image it for pictures. I have never paddled this before, but have talked to nudist who have paddled it and they all said from the time you shove off to all most the take out, you can be and stay nude all week. There are no houses or commercialization along this section of the river. Once you start, it is very hard to just quite and go home. It is VERY remote.

I have lots of camping/canoeing exspearence. This is a bring your own gear trip.

This is a week long, 149 mile trip. The river moves along at a good pace so even at 149 miles, it should be a easy paddle.

This trip will take place in Augest of 2006.

I'm just seeing if anyone is interested in taking this adventure? For some reason the idea of being nude for a week straight, out in nature, just appeals to me...

Hey if anyone has ever paddled this trip please shout it out....

Thanks Jason

Comment

If you are interested, if you get to South Dakota, I know a few trails you can hike nude with very little chance of running into someone clothed. One trail over looks the Missouri River at L&C Lake.

Comment

Wow! 200th anniversary! You've been canuding that long? Anyway, I would love to do that although I never have and know nothing about it. However, I will traveling to Michigan next summer to visit my daughters and grandkids, and I can't afford two trips in the same year. Have a great time.

Comment

Jason, that sounds like an awsome trip. I was thinking about doing something simular down the Green River to where it meets up with the Colorado. But it's real hard to get freinds to try a trip like that.
          Who do you plan on going with?

Comment

Hey Rudedogii,

Id be interested in doing a nude trip like that! Lets Talk.

Comment

Jason, can you campout for a week and drink river water? Can you swim? Ever go river rafting? I am just joking.
              The Green River is something I saw last summer while I was in Utah. I still want to do it. So I will start planing a trip. Let me look into it, so keep intouch for details.

Comment

Jason; I'm intrested. I have my own canoe/camping equipment and Lots of canoeing experience. One being a five day trip from South Bend, Indiana to Aroma Park, Illinois. I had to catch, clean, cook, and eat my dinner every night. Enjoyed it thoughly. Contact me at [email protected] This sounds like fun! Rick

Comment

This sounds like a fine idea, though a bit far from home for me. You might try posting the suggestion on the Yahoo nude canoeists group:
                  [email protected] .

My naturist canoeing was in Maine this summer:
                  http://www.sitemouse.com/users/swim_n_paddle/debs.html

Comment

I'm glad to see some interest in this trip. I will keep this thread alive with updates.

I'll also contact you guys that are interested.

Montana is wonderful.

Jason

Comment

This sounds like a fun trip. Exploring the L&C trail in very interesting. River canouing is a blast when going downstream, when you get tired you can just sit back a drift. Keep me posted

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X