Primative camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primative camping

How many primative campers are there here?
    (And how many think primative camping is the corner room at the Holiday Inn like my wife does?)

There is nothing like being one with nature and making your own shelter and feeding yourself from the land around you. Of course, being nude is requisite.

I prefer to camp where I at least have electricity, even though I have a portable generator plus batteries and an invertor.

Comment

NO WATER- NO HOOK UPS- NO CLOTHES-

NO PROBLEM !!!!

Comment

As long as I can have a campfire, I am good.

Comment

My wife and I are soley primitive campers. Hot water bottle hanging in the tree for showers, chaise lounges for sunning, and campfire at night.

Comment

we mix all kinds of vacation styles, but when camping it is always primitive, with the campfire yes. Great pic, Norbert!

Comment

The food always seems to taste better on the open campfire. We do a lot of foil cooking.

We even bake muffins in the coals. They are the best.

Comment

I live in So Fla and after the hurricanes it is as primitive as it can get.

Comment

Ok, all you campers out there its sounding great.

Now, how many go camping with only a knife and a smile?

(Hey, you gotta have the "modern conveniences" like a knife even for "primative" camping. )

Comment

How about an axe and a smile?

Comment

I agree with the fire- I also need a tent. I almost died 15 yrs ago from a venomous spider bite. I spent 6 days in the hospital. I used to camp right on the ground with no tent in good weather- this is NO LONGER the case. The BEST nude camping locations have no hook ups or roads even- gotta hike in or have a Jeep. My RV is my Jeep.

Comment

Hey KRC, ever put roasting ears in aluminum foil, with butter, and throw them in the coals, wait about
                        20 min and , enjoy??

Comment

Hobo dinners is what we callet it in Scouts. Delicious and easy to make. Prep it at home. Use heavy duty foil and use ground up beef to make a one person sized meatloaf, add sliced potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Wrap in foil and freeze. It will serve as ice for a day- on the second or third day it is thawed out and will be a delicious and easy meal- just like home cooking.

Comment

We take bottled water, and a propane camp stove to cook on. Tent to sleep in. The best spots are where people ain't, be they desert or mtns.!

Comment

The more remote the better. Usually in a canoe.

Comment

Working...
                              X