Sauna or steam rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sauna or steam rooms

Does anybody know of a gym in the L.A. area (Pasadena preferably) that has coed locker rooms or more specifically saunas or steam rooms. My wife and I want to be able to sit in the sauna together but of course most gyms don't have coed saunas or steam rooms. Just wondering if you guys knew of any. I guess we could just go to a nudist resort, but let me know anyway. Thanks.

Does anybody know of a gym in the L.A. area (Pasadena preferably) that has coed locker rooms or more specifically saunas or steam rooms. My wife and I want to be able to sit in the sauna together but of course most gyms don't have coed saunas or steam rooms. Just wondering if you guys knew of any. I guess we could just go to a nudist resort, but let me know anyway. Thanks.

Comment

all right, i'm taking the liberty of hitchhiking on this forum. the seat wasn't taken anyway, considering it was created seven months ago.

question for americans: what do you do when you encounter a public sauna, such as in a hotel? do you strip or not? i remember way back to when i was a little kid, my dad told me you're supposed to strip in the sauna, and we did. but, since then, i've never done it. and i haven't been to a hotel with a sauna since becoming a nudist. but, eventually, i suppose i'll find myself confronted with the choice. is it socially accepted to sit in a public sauna nude in the u.s.?

Comment

I have done exactly that on trips. Generally, however, I have a towel readily available to cover up if needed. When I enter, if there are others I tend to stay wrapped very loosely inthe towel at first

Comment

I agree - dont like to wear anything but you have to have a towel so enter with it wrapped around you
          and just sit on it if no females present or hastily wrap if one enters

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by jackjohnsonfann:

I worked around Pasadena for about 15 years... I cant think of any off hand.

Comment

Hello kphoger. I have never seen a sauna in a hotel myself. But there is a club out here in Southern California called Glen Eden Sun Club. They have a sauna right next to the main indoor showers. It is really nice. Naturally being at a nudist resort, I was already nude when I went in. I will tell you I really had to get used to it because I had never used one before. That heat was something else!

Ken Palmer

quote:
              Originally posted by kphoger:
              all right, i'm taking the liberty of hitchhiking on this forum. the seat wasn't taken anyway, considering it was created seven months ago.

question for americans: what do you do when you encounter a public sauna, such as in a hotel? do you strip or not? i remember way back to when i was a little kid, my dad told me you're supposed to strip in the sauna, and we did. but, since then, i've never done it. and i haven't been to a hotel with a sauna since becoming a nudist. but, eventually, i suppose i'll find myself confronted with the choice. is it socially accepted to sit in a public sauna nude in the u.s.?

Comment

Hello jackjohnsonfann. I have never heard of any coed locker rooms in any gymnasium I can think of. I think that will be a long time coming before society in America will accept that unless I am wrong on this subject. I think you're idea on going to a nudist resort would be your best bet.

Ken Palmer

quote:
                Originally posted by jackjohnsonfann:

Comment

I hope you there are one day in this matter on the same level as on the other side of Atlantic Ocean. To sauna everybody goes always naked. I prefer coed saunas and most of saunas in Central-Europe are coed.

Comment

Just go to a resort near you. Totally co-ed,

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by kphoger:

The rule of thumb I use is:
                      If the sauna is in the locker room or otherwise segregated, nude is okay, but keep a towel with you in case children come in. They shouldn't be in there alone anyway, but they sometimes are.

Comment

When I was in Germany the saunna was co-ed and genarally nude

Comment

The club that Im a member of now used to have a coed steam room, sauna & changing room next to the gym.

To a small portion of the club members who frequent the gym & utilise the the steam room/sauna, it wasnt really a problem. I guess the prudish members who were most often 'occasional visitors' (who could also probably be the most influential ones) to the club, couldnt take it seeing as we (both men & women) were all happy & open about being nude in the same place together.

I guess thats why they drew up a budget & have recently renovated that particular part of the club...segregating the steam/sauna rooms & chaning rooms into men's & women's areas.

Comment

The sauna off the locker room at my club is used nude, by people sitting on a towel and by people wrapped in a towel. Most people hang the towel up outside and go in nude but there are no rules.

Comment

The mens locker room at the ymca the sauna is mainly nude , with a few that have shorts on etc.It's funny posting that the Y tells the benfits of using the sauna it say going in without clothes on and the benfit of using it.I like going in nude more relaxing and it feels so good after a good work out.

Comment

Working...
                              X