Showering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showering

I was wondering what experiences some people might of had while showering in groups at school or the gym and how their first shower was in one of these type of places. I was also wondering if there are only women showers and male showers and if there is any place that has coed showers, or is that not allowed.

I was wondering what experiences some people might of had while showering in groups at school or the gym and how their first shower was in one of these type of places. I was also wondering if there are only women showers and male showers and if there is any place that has coed showers, or is that not allowed.

Comment

Save water and energy. Shower together!

Comment

My first shower with other males was at the gym about three years ago. For years I was too shy, then I just threw in the towel so to speak and joined in. I absolutely loved it. It felt ts free and natural. Next up was my first nude beach, and now I am naked whenever possible (including this very moment as I type this). I'm a late bloomer, but it was worth the wait.

Comment

Actually my first shower was in a "gang-type" shower when I went for swimming lessons which I found out were also nude (I had brought along a swimsuit). This was when I was 8 and had signed up at school for boys learn to swim classes.

The reason it was my first shower is that we only had a bathtub at home.

I really enjoyed this first shower - I dont suppose being naked with a group of other boys bothered me as I was looking forward to the swim class. I think it was the novelty of a shower that I remembered most not the fact that I was naked with a group of boys.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by NakedGary:
            Save water and energy. Shower together!

This looks just like the first shower I had in military boot camp. As I remember, we had 45 guys who had a total of 20 minutes to shower and shave before the Drill Instructor came by for inspection. Boy, those where the days!!

Comment

I recall my first shower with all males was at out local swimming pool,the showers were all in one long row and most off the guys just would take there gear off and shower nude without any problems was about 14yrs then i reckon.

Comment

Hello chris345. I don't think any school or gymnasium is going to have coed showers unless they are directly related to nudism or are a nudist resort themselves. This is especially true in the case of Middle or High School level. Just can't see it happening anytime soon!

Ken Palmer

quote:
                Originally posted by chris345:

Comment

My first shower with a group was probably at the local country club pool. None of the boys covered up. My freshman year in high school I played on the football team. After practice everyone showered together. It was never a problem and I don't think anyone was self conscious, at least I wasn't.

Comment

I am 44 years old. When I was growing up virtually all locker room showers were in the open. No one would have ever imagined that males would be afraid to shower in front of other naked males.

However, over the last couple of decades, homophobia and pedophillia paranoia have taken over. Now young males grow up being afraid to shower in front of other males.

There are also bills and laws to make it unlawful for adult males and young males to shower or change together. What about fathers and sons?

I think your very question is a sad comment on where we have come. The Atlanta airport has remodeled men's restrooms. The Atlanta airport has but dividers between urinals so men will not be afraid that others might see their penises.

Locker rooms have become a place where middle age and older males change, walk around, and shower casually nude but younger males cover up.

At the same time, young males and females, sometimes teens and younger wear provocative clothes that show much rear-end. We have grown accustomed to seeing others buttocks in public regardless of the age and sex.

I think our modern fear of nudity and acceptance of provocative dress is a dangerous and sad combination.

Comment

quote:
                      I think our modern fear of nudity and acceptance of provocative dress is a dangerous and sad combination.

I agree Walter, and so much could be said on that subject also.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by chris345:

Well.......my first experience with showering with others was at home. I am the oldest of 7 so even though we had a regular tub/shower, my two brothers and I would usually go into the bathroom together, strip and two at a time would shower while the other brushed his teeth and flossed.

From there it was HS. I was involved in sports, track and football. At the ripe ol' age of 14, I was showering with the entire track team or football team. Lots of towels snapping, joking and laughing.

After HS was the service. Boot Camp gang showers were simular to the HS gang shower except we sure didn't get as much time to enjoy the hot water. From there to the Destroyer I was sent to and from time to time we were place on water restrictions. You could either drink your ration or bath with it. I usually drank 1/2 and sponge bathed with the other.

It was common for some of us to be bold enough to strip down in the engine room and bath with cold water from a water hose we rigged up on a pump. Not authorized but we were able to keep it a secret.

Then to the Fire Department. Gang showers were the norm but after females began filling some of the ranks, the gang showers started to disappear. We still have one at the fire house I currently work at but the new firefighters seem less able to cope with seeing other males nude.

It is well known of my nudist lifestyle and tendancies so those that are a bit squimish about seeing a nude male usually wait downstairs til I come down after getting dressed. Not many do this anymore, but a couple years ago I had a few that would.

I've visited a few clubs and it has made me take a step back....momentarily, when a women walks into the coed shower area and begins showering while I am there. It only takes several seconds but we begin talking and then it feels very normal.

I plan on building a large shower in our new home. A shower stall that is about 6'x6'or 7'x7' with four shower heads. If there are any of our nudist friends that are willing, they can partake in the gang shower or have lots and lots of room for a shower alone!

Comment

quote:
                          I think our m

FireProf,

I think the giant shower sounds great, but group shower sounds better than gang shower.

we don't want to start a nudist gang? The Jets. the Sharks and the guys with out Pants?

Comment

It would be an older gym these days that have open showers - mine has stalls with curtains - never close mine - about half the guys do. Steam room and shower - most completely nude - a few keep towel wrapped.

To do my part to make nudity more commonplace, I undress completely, before taking out my stuff to change into. After my workout, undress completly before even opening the locker. Never wrap a towel around me - even at the sink.

Comment

My first time nude in front of anyone in a non sexual situation was at my university sports facility (gang) shower. On hindsight I think it was a wonderful intro to social nudism. I continued to shower nude at fitness clubs and pools throughout my post university years.

My first co-ed shower happened during my first nude swim with a local nudist club. As a result of the dis-inhibition and the disassociation with sex that came about as a result of the previous shower experiences, it was a non-event.

Comment

Working...
                              X