Internship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internship

Hello everyone, this may be a bit odd or out of touch but I thought I give this a try:

I am a 21 year old college junior at Syracuse University seeking internship with a nudist resort for the summer. I am a double major in Supply Chain Management and Marketing with a minor in Information Management. My managment school requires all students to have an internship in order to graduate. That being said, I am desperatly seeking an internship with a resort. I am very interested in resorts that may have interest in offering internships that pertains to my management major or any business oriented field. If any questions or interest, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] (it would be helpful to have a subject heading). In addition, I can also provide a resume.
    Thanks

Hello everyone, this may be a bit odd or out of touch but I thought I give this a try:

I am a 21 year old college junior at Syracuse University seeking internship with a nudist resort for the summer. I am a double major in Supply Chain Management and Marketing with a minor in Information Management. My managment school requires all students to have an internship in order to graduate. That being said, I am desperatly seeking an internship with a resort. I am very interested in resorts that may have interest in offering internships that pertains to my management major or any business oriented field. If any questions or interest, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] (it would be helpful to have a subject heading). In addition, I can also provide a resume.
    Thanks

Comment

Now that's the kind of ad we like to see!
      Good luck Croydon!

Comment

Croydon, are you aquainted with the AANR Bulletin, the monthly newspaper for their members? It has a classified ad section exactly suited for your quest. See www.aanr.com

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by missouriboy:
          [qb]Croydon, are you aquainted with the AANR Bulletin, the monthly newspaper for their members? It has a classified ad section exactly suited for your quest. See www.aanr.com[/qb]
          From my understanding, it is for members only. I am not a member of AANR.

Comment

Subscriptions are for members, that's true, but I don't know about paid advertising. An ad in there would reach just exactly the audience you want, so I'm just suggesting you inquire. The web site has an "e-mail us" button.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Updated info...just checked out their membership dues so that you can access their BB and the cost is only $19.95 a year...at that price...most people can handle that amount including someone on a very tight budget [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ...with the way gas prices are...that should about equal a tank of gas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] in most vehicles.

Greensunshine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by greensunshine:
                [qb]Updated info...just checked out their membership dues so that you can access their BB and the cost is only $19.95 a year...
                Greensunshine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [/qb]
                That is true Green but I don't know how a membership will benefit me since I don't go to resorts. I am a college student remember.

Comment

I suggest you go to aanr.com and get the email addresses for all the larger clubs so you can write them, or try calling first.

The bigger ones here in Florida would be Paradise Lakes, Caliente, Cypress Cove.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by cyndiann:
                    [qb]I suggest you go to aanr.com and get the email addresses for all the larger clubs so you can write them, or try calling first.

The bigger ones here in Florida would be Paradise Lakes, Caliente, Cypress Cove.[/qb]
                    Thanks Cyn, I will do that later in the week when I get the final copy of my resume back. I have called Shadows in CA and I was told that they don't really have internships but to send my resume away to the manager. Something tells me I will not find anything.

I have been having hard time finding an internship since so many companies are on a hiring freeze. Even the university admit that students are not finding internships. That being said, I want to do an internship that will be enjoyable, a learning experience, and expose me more with the naturist lifestyle. A lot of my friends talk about how repetitive and unproductive their internships were. I don't want to fall into that. A resort would be perfect since I can do something proactive and dynamic. I am really interested in interning for the BIG resorts like Paradise Lake. Resorts like those tend to be very marketing and business oriented which would be great for my major.

If I don't get an internship, I will be staying in school for the summer and take courses. If I do that, I will end up finishing my semester early but I would not receive a diploma until an internship is completed.

Comment

Custom Made Job [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Here is another idea that may work...contact all the larger resorts and approach them about maybe working for free or almost free...when I worked in the department at one the universities here in the Pacific NW years ago...this was sometimes a very workable solution for some of the students who couldn't find an intership any other way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] who knows this may be the ticket to one of the best jobs jobs in the world [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Greensunshine

PS

I am don't think it cost anything to get the addresses of the different resorts off of ANAR's website either

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by greensunshine:
                        [qb]Custom Made Job [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Here is another idea that may work...contact all the larger resorts and approach

Greensunshine

PS

[/qb]
                        You are right Green. I am willing to work for free as long as they give me a room to stay in their resort and of course food since I am not a resident of FL or CA (the state in which all the big resorts are in). I will let you know how things go at the end of the week. My resume doesn't come back to me until wednesday. After wednesday, I will begin to send out my resume.

Thanks for all the tips everyone...keep them coming

Comment

Other than Paradise lake and Shadows...what are the other big boys of nudist resorts?

Comment

Croydon: Try the Terra Cotta resort also in
                            Palm Springs. INA interviewed their owners on an
                            episode of Nudes in the News last fall. Their
                            General Manager is Candi Mejia. She's 22 years old. Good luck!

Comment

good for you Cryodan, you seem like you are not a nudist so this will be new too you, I would suggest ussing the AANR web site to find a club near you, landed or not landed, go as a guest, and see what they could do for you, most States have clubs, you wnon't have to travel that far and may be able to use there club, if it must be a resort, then you are more limited to CA, FL and a few others. Use the facilties of AANR, they may even help in your expenses?

Comment

Working...
                              X