nudist who smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nudist who smoke

i was look on a web site and it said that only 13% of nudist smoke is that true

i was look on a web site and it said that only 13% of nudist smoke is that true

Comment

ok I'm going to attempt to mention an observation I've had without offending anyone. OK here goes: At all nudist venues I have attended, there has been a certain percentage of red necks. I guess clothes-free lifestyle would appeal to people of this group maybe more than mainstream society because they are not concerned with status and clothing is an indication of status sometimes. I don't know. But the red necks certainly raise the number of smokers too because most of them smoke. Most people I have met at nudist places have been the nicest of souls, even the red necks but this is how I have observed things. Now then, smokers of red neck and non red necks groups alike probably make more than 13% but I tend to exagerate that in my mind because I HATE cigarettes and smoking in general but it does seem like a higher amount than that to me.

Cheers

Comment

I believe the percentage is low based upon my last visit to a resort. Smoking was not allowed inside the buildings but the pools and hot tubs had a cloud of smoke hanging around them. I personally do not smoke and wonder why so many do as naturism is supposedly a healthy lifestyle.

Comment

I'm only new to naturism but I have been a smoker for years. As far as how few nudists smoke I think I can shead some light on this subject.

I have found that I now have a distinct lack of pockets to put my smokes in.

Comment

I used to be a smoker, and I don't think 13% is accurate; at least not in my experience. The last time I was at a big get-together, it seems almost every person sitting at the table had a cigarette in his/her hand. My wife used to complain that she'd had to shower several times during the day to get the smell off her skin. I subsequently quit, but I do think there are more than 13% smokers.

Comment

Spent this last Sunday at Desert Shadows in Palm Springs. If the number of smokers we saw in relation to the number of people that were there is any indication, I'd have to say that 13% is somewhat high.

There were several smokers but luckily enough they were polite, in that most walked to an uncrowded area to smoke. This may be an accurate percentage taking in the entire nudist population just in the US and our differing cultures and habits. In those areas where the precentage of smokers is higher, you'd most likely see a majority of smokers at a nudist club or resort.

I've never smoked cigarettes. I do smoke cigars, occasionally, used to smoke more often but since 28+ years of firefighting has left me with asthma, my cigar smoking has diminished quite a bit.

Comment

I'd say 13% is far too low a figure.

-Mark

Comment

Not from what I've seen. I seem to be one of the very few who doesn't smoke among nudists. When I was at Serendipity Park in Georgia, the clubhouse reeked from the stench of tobacco constantly so that I couldn't stand to be in there. I almost moved there, and I'm glad now that I didn't. I wouldn't have been able to use the clubhouse at all. The clubhouse at Turtle Lake Resort had a smokeroom added on, and the stench carried into the main part of the clubhouse. It was so bad at times that I couldn't stand to shoot pool because of the stench. For people who claim to care so much about their bodies, many nudists don't seem to care about the damage they're doing to the inside of it.

Comment

I have usually two or three cigars a month, but I doubt that qualifies me as a smoker. Personally, I'm not sure I've ever seen a nudist smoking. Also, it is without a doubt something the original "founders of nudism" would attack with great concern.

Comment

I believe that 13% is too low. The general population figure is said to be about 18% of the adult population are smokers.
                      But, I also believe that that figure varies widely by region...here in the Carolinas where tobacco is lord god almighty, the figure has to be closer to 65% of the people at any time of any day at any of the area's nudist resorts and clubs. This is a reason we tend not to go to the clubs as often as we could just like we would not go to a restaurant for dinner where they allowed people to smoke.
                      It is funny how approx. 82% of the population do not smoke but have to suffer because of the 18% that do.
                      just food for thought...

Be nude. Be free.

Comment

My experience at WTP in Va. is that at least 25% smoke. However, ALL buildings are smoke-free with the exception of a 'smoking room' in the main hall. That is the only concession granted to smokers, and is only used in winter. Its pretty thoughtfull of management. Frank

Comment

We have different opinions depending upon the clubs and areas we visit. In my opinion, there must be at least 25% that are smokers. I do not smoke but I do recognize the smokers point of view. I think there should be a designated smoke area for smokers.

I do think smoking is unhealthy for the smoker and those around them. I do not believe harrassing the smoker to quit is a good idea. Rather, positive reinforcement to quit works best.

Comment

I'd say 25% is about right. Nudists are a reflection of the society we come from. Also as the number of smokers decreases and I think it will over time so will the number of nudists who are smokers. I never smoked cigarettes but I do smoke cigars 2-3 a month seems about right though it can vary. One side note when I was in Iraq nearly all of my fellow Marines developed a smoking habit. It was one of the very few ways to relax in a rather stressful environment. Most of them quit once back in the states but I notice they pick it up again when we are out in the field, old habits die hard.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Hooked:
                              ok I'm going to attempt to mention an observation I've had without offending anyone. OK here goes:

I am NOT a redneck!
                              I am a smoker.
                              I am a nudist.

If you think that nudists are not accepted by society; try being a smoker. I am the antithesis of a redneck and just because I smoke I am now being accused of being a redneck? PFFT!

At the indoor nude activities that I have gone to it is a smoke free environment; but most indoor public smoking is prohibited by law. I've seen smokers put on their winter coats to go outside for a few puffs during the course of the night. When I go to the beach I am a considerate smoker. Although I may put my ciggy's out in the sand I pick-up the butts and carry them out with my other trash at the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X