Taking the plunge to smoothness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the plunge to smoothness

I'm thinking I may take the plunge and become a smoothie. Does anyone have any advice to share about doing this for the first time? Actually, I remember shaving my pubes once when I was 13 or so but I thought it was a weird thing to do and never did it again. Now I'm 29 and thinking of trying it again. Any practical advice you may have would be helpful.

Melissa

I'm thinking I may take the plunge and become a smoothie. Does anyone have any advice to share about doing this for the first time? Actually, I remember shaving my pubes once when I was 13 or so but I thought it was a weird thing to do and never did it again. Now I'm 29 and thinking of trying it again. Any practical advice you may have would be helpful.

Melissa

Comment

Electric razor (men's facial type), baby powder... Even though it doesn't sound right, lot's of pressure (helps prevent ingrown hair), give it a week for your skin to accept the daily shave... Works for me...

Comment

Just curious, but why electric? I thought that electric razors didn't get very close to the skin. That's been my experience, anyway.

Melissa

Comment

I edited my post to state "men's facial type" razor... I tried blades and not only cut my skin, but had ingrown hair problems... The electric, with pressure, has solved both of those problems...

Comment

I used razors at one time, and was o.k. till the bumps, and then ingrown hairs started getting to me. I find waxing a much more effective way to get smooth, and stay smooth longer. Try both of course and see what works best for you.

Comment

People have all types of different methods for shaving. My wife and I went smooth for a short period of time; because the hair is coarser there, she used my shaving cream, one of my razors and my after-shave balm. She never had any side-effects (but then again skin sensitivity varies from person to person; you simply won't know until you actually do it.)
              After you try it, you'll know right away from looking in a mirror if it's a style you want to keep. And the great thing if you don't like the way it looks...is that it'll grow back anyway.

Comment

Been there, done that, got tired of messing with it. I like the look and feel of smooth, but the blade cut me, and the razor burned me, and I could never get as close as I wanted without discomfort.

Comment

been a smoothie for sometime now by choice! i like the look and feel! i read on another forum after you clip the hairs close enough to shave use k-y jelly! it works good and leaves skin smooth!

Comment

Wife and I are both smoothies. Use "Skintastic" shaving cream and a ladies schick three blade razor. May take a week or two to get the area used to being shaved, but it is worth it!

Comment

Don't shave every day until you get very used to shaving. I would only do it every 4 or 5 days for the first couple of months and then you can do it every 2nd day. You may get to where you can shave every day, but only time will tell.

Comment

We tried it and liked it for awhile but keeping it up was more than we wanted to do.

JB

Comment

Hi Melissa,

Good to see you posting again. Missed your contributions and your humor.

My wife and I are nearly smooth, she more than me. I've used a razor, Gilette 3 bladed razor, can't remember the name.

The trick for my wife is for me to use a new razor each time, after her shower and we use shaving cream. No razor burn, no rash, no bumps. Everyone's skin in that area is a little different and reacts to methods and instruments differently. We are seriously considering lazer treatments but some have stated that those are not 100% effective.

The best way to shave with a razor is in the shower. This method, for those who shave with a razor, has been the best to lessen the chances of rash, red bumps, etc.

I think you'll probably have to try a few different ways from those methods that are given to you here and then use the one that you get the effect you want without the side effects.

Good to see you on the boards again.

FireProf

Comment

i use a mach 3 with my wifes shavig gel,try using aloe gel after.

Comment

I shave daily in the shower . It works. I love being smoothe.I use a regular Razor and can really tell when its time to change blades!

Comment

Working...
                              X