Question for you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you...

OK, here's a question for you all. I'm a woman in my mid thirties who has been going to Haulover Beach near my place for about fifteen years. Earlier this month, I was publicly chastised by another woman for lying on my back with my legs open. To be totally honest, I like to do that because it feels good. She thought that it was highly inappropriate for a woman to "expose her labia" (her words) like that. I told her that I couldn't understand why it was OK for a man to lie with his legs spread and his testicles hanging out, but it wasn't OK for a woman to do the same thing.

Any thoughts?

OK, here's a question for you all. I'm a woman in my mid thirties who has been going to Haulover Beach near my place for about fifteen years. Earlier this month, I was publicly chastised by another woman for lying on my back with my legs open. To be totally honest, I like to do that because it feels good. She thought that it was highly inappropriate for a woman to "expose her labia" (her words) like that. I told her that I couldn't understand why it was OK for a man to lie with his legs spread and his testicles hanging out, but it wasn't OK for a woman to do the same thing.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I would agree with you. Although I'm male and I'm sure it doesn't feel "exactly" the same, I know the air and sun between my legs where it usually doesn't get does feel good. I'm sure it feels just as good (if not better) for women. Besides, how are you going to get an "all over tan" if you don't expose "all" to the sun?

Just my opnion though.

Comment

If we as nudists accept that the genitals are body parts just like all other body parts -- and we do (or we should) -- then spreading one's legs should be no more an issue than spreading one's arms.

Gary

Comment

I have seen many ladies at the beach in similar positions, so I assume its just relaxing and feels good. I wouldn't worry about the comment.

Comment

Yeah im sure this women isnt what most people would consider an actual nudist that would see the whole body *including the genitals* as being good and wouldnt mind any position. I think shes just one of those types that prefers to be naked but still has issues with those body parts. Im sure people like her are few and far between at these places and you really shouldnt worry about it. I dont see anything wrong with what you are doing and if people cant accept you for who and what you are then it really makes me wonder why they even bother being in such a place where they might be exposed to such things.

Comment

I've been to Apollo beach and some other nudist resorts, and I've seen both men and women in all sorts of positions while seated, sunning, conversing, and such. I think the more time you spend naked, the less you think about appearances and just relax comfortably. Perhaps this woman wasn't as comfortable with her own body as you are. Either way, I wouldn't be concerned about it. Relax and enjoy the sun however you're comfortable. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by camryn:
                [qb] OK, here's a question for you all. I'm a woman in my mid thirties who has been going to Haulover Beach near my place for about fifteen years. Earlier this month, I was publicly chastised by another woman for lying on my back with my legs open. To be totally honest, I like to do that because it feels good. She thought that it was highly inappropriate for a woman to "expose her labia" (her words) like that. I told her that I couldn't understand why it was OK for a man to lie with his legs spread and his testicles hanging out, but it wasn't OK for a woman to do the same thing.

Any thoughts? [/qb]
                Actually it is very healthy for you. Women who tend to get infections (like yeast) usually don't have much air getting to the genital area (damn pantyhose!)and the solution is exactly what you are doing.

And anyway, as nudists we are supposed to accept all body parts as equal. That she considers some parts should be hidden reveals her own problems with accepting herself and others as they are.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by camryn:
                  [qb] OK, here's a question for you all. I'm a woman in my mid thirties who has been going to Haulover Beach near my place for about fifteen years. Earlier this month, I was publicly chastised by another woman for lying on my back with my legs open. To be totally honest, I like to do that because it feels good. She thought that it was highly inappropriate for a woman to "expose her labia" (her words) like that. I told her that I couldn't understand why it was OK for a man to lie with his legs spread and his testicles hanging out, but it wasn't OK for a woman to do the same thing.

Any thoughts? [/qb]
                  You should have done what I would do, tell her to MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS

Comment

You should have done what I would do, tell her to MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS
                    -------------------------------------------------

That sounds like my solution to her problem, of course I wouldnt say it rudely like that unless she was mean or rude about it to me herself and then I wouldnt really care how I said it to her. I mean anyone who cant handle seeing genitals has issues they need to deal with, genitals are normal and natural like any other body part and people shouldnt be seen as being disgusting or sexual just because of the position they are in or because they expose their genitals.

Comment

I ran this one by my wife. (She avoids computer contact whenever possible!) Her take is that it really doesn't matter - though she tends to keep her legs together simply in an effort not to offend others. She is more offended by what she perceives to be the intent. If someone is laying out (male or female) simply trying to exhibit themselves and draw attention to the genitalia, she is repelled and looks the other way. If they are simply relaxing and enjoying the sun - then live and let live. It is a nudist environment for crying out loud!

Paul (for Carol)

Comment

Do what you want. I have seen women on beaches in all ways ... bikini bottoms, thongs, g-strings, legs closed, legs open and even legs bent sitting on a chair wide open. How else do you get tanned if you keep legs closed?

Comment

camryn, i agree with all the other posts that you are ok with what you were doing. you might want to be careful who is around when you do it, as maybe the woman was freaking out because you are exposing new body parts to children, but since there are usually NO kids at Haulover (except for mine), you should be fine. if my kids saw you doing that, they might say something to me, and i would explain to them that is what female genetalia looks like and they should continue with their playing. no biggy.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the comment.

I do not know of any nudist rules, or other wise, that govern such exposure. It was then just that womans opinion and nothing more. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Sawdust

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with opening your legs a bit. I mean as long as you're not FLYING SOLO (wink) on the beach, big deal. Whenever I'm at a nude anything I have my legs open at least part way to get an all-over tan because if I don't I have this unsightly white patch, and I tan dark during the summer.
                              I personally would have given her the "What the ***" face, if you even thought she deserved the effort.

Comment

Working...
                              X