Mosquitoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosquitoes

They are out- Hot and Heavy in East Alabama, and likely the whole Southeast U.S.- I went nude hiking in the tuskeegee National forest friday and I think, Luckily,my genitals are about the only thing I did'nt get bit on. I went down to the forest right after work. I've been on first shift this week, and did'nt have any insect repellant. Big Mistake. I was miserable by the time I finally made it down to the creek. I jumped in this cool water, and it releive the bites some, but not much.I was ,needless to say, in a hurry to get back to the truck. I won't be caught nude hiking or any other way outdoors, without some repellant in the near future. but all in all the hike was fun, all the same.
    Nudeinbama

They are out- Hot and Heavy in East Alabama, and likely the whole Southeast U.S.- I went nude hiking in the tuskeegee National forest friday and I think, Luckily,my genitals are about the only thing I did'nt get bit on. I went down to the forest right after work. I've been on first shift this week, and did'nt have any insect repellant. Big Mistake. I was miserable by the time I finally made it down to the creek. I jumped in this cool water, and it releive the bites some, but not much.I was ,needless to say, in a hurry to get back to the truck. I won't be caught nude hiking or any other way outdoors, without some repellant in the near future. but all in all the hike was fun, all the same.
    Nudeinbama

Comment

I feel your pain, dude. If I was bitten that many times at once I'd probably go into anaphylactic shock; you see, I'm allergic to skeeters. One or two bites won't put me in danger, only make it really uncomfortable for about a week or so. Definitely reach for the insect repellant at all times.

Unwired, undressed except for Off!

Comment

Luckily I'm not bothered by Mosquitoes, wasp, bee's or poisy foilage, so i'm good to go for nude outdoor recreation, but the darned mosquitoes still itch like hell, but I have no allergic reactions.
        nudeinbama

Comment

It's the biting flies here in the afternoons that seem to be the current menace. Unfortunately, deet doesn't seem to deter them much. Having been bitten everywhere by a few of the winged menaces of various varieties over time, I guess it's a curse we all must bare

Glad you survived to tell the tale, Nudeinbama,

Comment

Use some Vicks VapoRub. It only takes a little in vulnerable spots. I learned about this last year and had only one bite all summer.

Comment

Sounds Great. I'll give it a try.As much as I hate the smell of it, surely the pest will.
              Nudeinbama

Comment

Pure joy is a mosquito who happens upon a nudist resort! She only has to think,"Where do I start!"

Comment

those little devils are mean here too.
                  don't like Off and those type of bug sprays. they seem to make me hotter than i already am.
                  been going to try ordorless garlic tablets but can't seem to get my brain in gear when i'm at the store. it seems we are on the "just in time" program if anybody knows what that is.
                  never heard of using Vicks VapoRub. may try it.
                  been useing rubbing alcohol but that is after the fact.
                  stay nude & stay happy---pahjo

Comment

Cutter has a new repellent out called Cutter Advanced. It doesn't use deet. It says on the container "Insect protection without the odor." I have only used it a couple of times so I don't know if it is as effective as deet.

Comment

I've been on the coastal islands and we didn't have any bug spray. So we built a big smoky fire and sat in the smoke. The bugs won't bite you then, cough, cough. Gnats, mosquitoes, chiggers and ticks were the main bloodsuckers there.

The water in many parts of the coastal plain is laden with sulfur. The locals say that when you drink enough sulfur water that you sweat sulfur through your pores, the bugs are not as likely to bite you.

When you hike in bug country, you've got to keep moving, whatever you do, don't stop. Keep going until you get to the sea, the sea breeze usually keeps the bugs away. Many a day, I've seen wild horses and wild donkeys standing in the surf because the bugs weren't able to settle on them for the stiff breeze.
                      --------------------------------------------

"We was always naked, day and night, whenever the mosquitoes would let us," said
                      Mark Twain's river hero Huck Finn.

Comment

quote:
                        Keep going until you get to the sea
                        HELP! That's hundreds of miles, I feel tired

Comment

Years ago I stayed at a cheap hotel in Acapulco Mexico which, to my surprised, had no screens on the upper story window. I complained to the desk clerk about the mosquitos, and he pointed out that if I kept the fan on me, I would not be bothered by mosquitos.
                          So, I imagine a very good outdoor breeze would accomplish the same "bug off".

Comment

When I went to Apollo beach in FL, the ranger advised me that the no-see-em flys would eat me alive, but when you get into the surf, they generally leave you alone. Deet based bug spray helped, but these suckers are mean. The ranger was right though, getting into the surf chased them away, but the time before that wasn't pleasant.

They were worst in the morning, and evening, during the middle of the day the bugs seemed to take a break, probably due to the hot weather.

Comment

When I used to work in New Hampshire during blackfly season, I used an insect repellent called Muskol. It was so strong that if you got it on your lips, it would make them young. Where fire wasn't a hazard, I'd also use the cheapest, nastiest cigars I could find.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X