Being filmed, photographed or interviewed in the nude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being filmed, photographed or interviewed in the nude

Some of you out there do post photos of yourself in the buff. Others might have been interviewed a la nude by TV or print journalists. What did it feel like? I find it liberating to be so unashamed of your basic self that you're indifferent to the gazes of others. At the same time, what are the consequences in terms of being able to continue in one's job or profession when your employers not only hear that your a nudist, but also see you nude.
    I've been nude on camera at a naturist event. The first report showed my backside, but when I turned my head to see the camera, I was wearing sunglasses, so I was pretty much unidentifiable. The other time was on Inside Edition, where I recognized my own back (from the waist up this time), but all the other footage of me was discarded. Some freelance photographer at a nude event shot a couple rolls of me from every angle, but if he published the photos, they wound up in Europe and I've no idea if anyone has seen them but him.
    Intellectually, to me it shouldn't make a difference whether someone clothed checks me out as we pass each other on a nude beach or if he or she checks me out in a photo. I often wonder how many non-nudists who see us nude in photos wish they could take the plunge, too. I sure did whenever I saw nudists in magazines or on TV before I visited a camp. Frankly, as a male, part of me likes to be looked at nude, probably because disrobing does require some guts.
    So, those of you who post your photos here or on your home pages, or who have been captured for posterity in some other venue, how do you feel about it afterward? Any reactions from coworkers or friends and neighbors?

Some of you out there do post photos of yourself in the buff. Others might have been interviewed a la nude by TV or print journalists. What did it feel like? I find it liberating to be so unashamed of your basic self that you're indifferent to the gazes of others. At the same time, what are the consequences in terms of being able to continue in one's job or profession when your employers not only hear that your a nudist, but also see you nude.
    I've been nude on camera at a naturist event. The first report showed my backside, but when I turned my head to see the camera, I was wearing sunglasses, so I was pretty much unidentifiable. The other time was on Inside Edition, where I recognized my own back (from the waist up this time), but all the other footage of me was discarded. Some freelance photographer at a nude event shot a couple rolls of me from every angle, but if he published the photos, they wound up in Europe and I've no idea if anyone has seen them but him.
    Intellectually, to me it shouldn't make a difference whether someone clothed checks me out as we pass each other on a nude beach or if he or she checks me out in a photo. I often wonder how many non-nudists who see us nude in photos wish they could take the plunge, too. I sure did whenever I saw nudists in magazines or on TV before I visited a camp. Frankly, as a male, part of me likes to be looked at nude, probably because disrobing does require some guts.
    So, those of you who post your photos here or on your home pages, or who have been captured for posterity in some other venue, how do you feel about it afterward? Any reactions from coworkers or friends and neighbors?

Comment

I don't know as I really think about it. Being a nudist, though not a long-time veteran of it--it just seems natural to be seen nude in photos. Of course, there are many I haven't told at work. However, some I have told are spreading the news. A lady I know at work emailed me there and was surprised that I was planning on living in a "nudist camp" as she called it. I posted my photo here and didn't get any negative replies--so that's encouraging at my age. I'll be 57 April 8. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have had several photos taken of me while nude and a few of the photos have been pulished in club newsletters. Having a nude image of me floating around simply does not bother me at all. Yet when I am wearing clothing and some one wants to take my picture, I usually say something like "I hope my face doesn't break your camera." Go figure! As far as my co-workers are concerned, I have never made my being a nudist a secret. Just about everyone from the OIC on down knows about it and it has never been a problem.

Comment

quote:
          what are the consequences in terms of being able to continue in one's job or profession when your employers not only hear that your a nudist, but also see you nude.
          I can't speak for myself, but a few years ago an independent State politician here in Australia joined a protest in favour of nudist beaches. He appeared at the protest nude, and gave an interview to the media naked except for a large piece of seaweed he held in front of his genitals.

Since that time, one newspaper, in an attempt to mock him, refers to him constantly as "Well-known self-confessed nudist XXX YYY", even when nudism has absolutely nothing to do with the story. Network news doesn't refer to him as such but frequently uses the file footage of him naked on the beach - again, in an attempt to undermine him.

Now, it would be a good world where these sort of references had no negative impact. But the fact is, many people do look on nudism as a form of deviance and something to be ridiculed. A person who permits themselves to be interviewed or photographed nude runs a substantial risk that an employer or other associate will form a negative impression of them.

Comment

From a personal point of view I have no concern at all about who knows that I'm a naturist, or who wants to take and publish pictures.

However, my professional life is important to me. Many people with whom I work wouldn't understand, nor would they make an effort to understand. The least consequence would be that I would spend many hours and much energy defending my reputation. At the end of that the risk is that I would be essential unemployed within my field.

Therefore, for now, I "reveal" myself only to family and friends whom I know to be trustworthy.

Comment

quote:
              At the same time, what are the consequences in terms of being able to continue in one's job or profession when your employers not only hear that your a nudist, but also see you nude.

A few years ago now in a german publication, they used to run a series called "Germany Naked". Different people were featured 24 hours nude. They were photographd at work, at home at the local pub with (clothed) friends etc. A real insight and just shows how attitudes change across the continents.
              The magazine had enough participants to continue the series for a few years.

Comment

I'd love to see my employer try to fire me for going to a nude beach or being nude in my own house.

Talk about grounds for a Lawsuit.

Steve

Comment

I have no objection to someone taking pictures of me nude, as long as they aren't being sneaky about it.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by luvnaturism:
                    [qb]From a personal point of view I have no concern at all about who knows that I'm a naturist, or who wants to take and publish pictures.

However, my professional life is important to me. Many people with whom I work wouldn't understand, nor would they make an effort to understand. The least consequence would be that I would spend many hours and much energy defending my reputation. At the end of that the risk is that I would be essential unemployed within my field.

Therefore, for now, I "reveal" myself only to family and friends whom I know to be trustworthy.[/qb]
                    I can relate to what is said here, Iam retired, I don't know how I would feel if some of my co workers would relate to me if they knew, I have discussed it with some, they would be OK, others I'm not so sure, but now being retired, I wish I could tell the world, those close to where I live know by now, I'm not that causius about the house, I wouldn't want my church community to know, though life might be better if they did, Iam not ashammed of being nude, no more than that Iam a Christian, I would hope after the shock they would feel the same, we are a very small community and you might get a problem with some, my neighbors are cool with it, They don't mention it, but I've been in my back yard nude and have had my neighbors wave and have waved back, also neighbors accross the street have seen me also. life goes on, It would be nice to wash the car and put out my flag,(by the way REX it is the American flag) feed the birds, and mow the lawn nude without trouble. A day will come, soon I hope.

Comment

quote:
                      [qb]From a personal point of view I have no concern at all about who knows that I'm a naturist, or who wants to take and publish pictures.

However, my professional life is important to me. Many people with whom I work wouldn't understand, nor would they make an effort to understand. The least consequence would be that I would spend many hours and much energy defending my reputation. At the end of that the risk is that I would be essential unemployed within my
                      Therefore, for now, I "reveal" myself only to family and friends whom I know to be trustworthy.[/qb]
                      I used to consider this an issue, I guess when I was working, maybe it would have been, I had talked to many of my co workers and they didn't think so, but I kept it for the most part a secret. now Iam not ashambed to say Iam a nudist, if you can't except that then you don't accept me. I am a christian and Iam a nudist, yes it can be said in the same breath, a nudist christian, one and the same. If you have a problem with that then you have problem with me.

Comment

quote:

Comment

In my case I am a Federal Civil Service worker and to know me is to know that I am a nudist. In The office building I work in just about every one from the OIC on down knows that and it has never been a problem.

Comment

As I have stated before I had rather be photographed nude, I am comfortable with my nudity and I have nothing to hide,I think that when you are nude you are as open and honest as you can possibly be. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X