Summer is almost here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer is almost here

Saturday, April 3 is the first of the SWSA Nude 5K races. This one is held at Star Ranch in McDade, TX (about 30 miles east of Austin). While the race does not start until 1 PM, you can register starting at 9 AM and for real early birds, you can even buy breakfast starting at 8 AM. This is the first of several runs and everyone has a great time. Even if you are not a runner (like me), it is a lot of fun.
    Star Ranch is nice CO resort with friendly people and there is also swiming, basketball, tennis, pool, and other activities to keep anyone in your group busy.
    If you haven't been to one of these before, you owe it to yourself to visit. Go to:
    http://www.swsanuderacingseries.com/

Saturday, April 3 is the first of the SWSA Nude 5K races. This one is held at Star Ranch in McDade, TX (about 30 miles east of Austin). While the race does not start until 1 PM, you can register starting at 9 AM and for real early birds, you can even buy breakfast starting at 8 AM. This is the first of several runs and everyone has a great time. Even if you are not a runner (like me), it is a lot of fun.
    Star Ranch is nice CO resort with friendly people and there is also swiming, basketball, tennis, pool, and other activities to keep anyone in your group busy.
    If you haven't been to one of these before, you owe it to yourself to visit. Go to:
    http://www.swsanuderacingseries.com/

Comment

"Summer is almost here."

Let's not rush the seasons. I'm still waiting for Spring. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Spring is here for me. I had to mowe my lawn today and pull weeds. It has been around 80 degrees here all week after it rained on and off for the two preceeding weeks. Everything is growing around here. Of course, I'm spoiled with the warm weather in the desert southwest. In June, I'll be going to Minnesota for a week. It will probably seem quite cold to me then.

Comment

I have to scrape frost off my car at least once a day. That tells me it's still winter, and it's been snowing here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Jon-Marc--

I'd be willing to bet that you think Spring has sprung when you get days constantly above 40 deg.

Mike (Big Mac)

Comment

We get frost here untill mid May. But that doesn't stop me from running out to start the car warming up before I get dressed in the morning.
              It's a good way to wake up the senses.

Steve

Comment

Here in the highlands of north Georgia, spring comes later than down on our sub-tropical coast. The daffodils, forsythia, and pear trees are blooming right now.
                We've been getting highs in the mid-sixties and lows in the 40's lately. We had frost three mornings ago. There is a slim chance of frost in mid-April, but usually by the first of April it is worth the risk to put out all but the most tender vegetables. Beans and okra need warm soil, so we wait two more weeks (mid-April) to plant them.

The lakes are warm enough for swimming by late May here in the highlands. By July the lakes are as warm as bathwater.

Because of our altitude, summer nights are cooler, usually low to mid 70's. Down by the coast, it may not drop below 80 degrees on many nights.

Comment

Spring is here for us [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

But to be honest, with as warm as our summers can get in this part of the country...I will really miss it when it leaves [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Greensunshine in the Pacific NW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                  Female, Mormon, and Proud of Both [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Big Mac,

You're right. When it's in the 40's with low wind, I go out with just a sweatshirt and flip-flops. My outdoor thermometer right now reads 28 degrees, and that's not celsius.

Comment

We never really had a Spring. I guess that week when it was nice could be considered as Spring. It's been mid to high 70's lately, but yesterday, the temperature shot up to above 80. Two weekends in a row and an all over sunburn from working in the back yard. I'm enjoying this weather before it gets too hot to be outside, and yes, it does get hot here, 100's plus.

Comment

Yeah NudeM...I'm really having trouble adjusting to these clear blue skies and temps in the high 70s and low 80s here in CA for the last couple of weeks...really getting monotonous..all this beach going ,skiing in shorts,sunbathing ,nude jetboating...hard to keep my mind on my work...ho hum...pass the sunscreen.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey! The sun is actually shining today! That's absolutely amazing! It's only in the upper 30's F outside, but my trailer is 76 degrees without the furnace running. I'm getting ready to go and enjoy the hottub. I think I'll just wear my sweatshirt and flip-flops. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Jon-Marc,

Have a great time out there today! I'm glad there's enough of a break in the weather that you can begin enjoying yourself at TLP!

Comment

Here in Denver, the only month that no snow was ever recorded is August. As a kid, I remember a 1 inch snow fall on the 4th of July.

Spring only lasts 1 week and then jumps to summer.

Lately, we've been having 50's and 60's which because of our lack of humidity is great to be nude in the back yard doing yard work. But you can only do so much, because planting anything B4 Beltaine (May 1) is asking for a disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                              X