The law in Spain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The law in Spain?

I have recently been told that in Spain one cannot be arrested for walking the streets in the nude! One may be asked politely to cover up, but to force you to do so is not legal. Certainly I am told this is the case in Barcelona. Is this true, and if so have any members tested the law?

I have recently been told that in Spain one cannot be arrested for walking the streets in the nude! One may be asked politely to cover up, but to force you to do so is not legal. Certainly I am told this is the case in Barcelona. Is this true, and if so have any members tested the law?

Comment

I dunno but if it is true im moving to spain!!!!
      haha

Comment

I understand there is no law against walking around nude in England too.
        Check how that's going with your famous Naked Rambler.

If it were true that you could remain nude anywhere in Spain without harrassment or arrest, I'm sure there would be thousands if not millions of people making that their vacation choice.

Yet I have never heard of one person that tried it.

Steve

But I hope it's true...

Comment

I suppouse that in Europe are very few laws against nudity. In my country the word nudity or nakedness do not exist in the law. There is in the law of order a wording "sexual offensive behaviour" which can be used if needed. In my country also local rules are banned in the same law of order, so it is the same everywhere.

To be honest this time of year it is cold if you are naked.

Comment

"Thousands if not millions of people" do make Spain their vacation choice each year. We're going to be among them next Fall. We've already booked the trip.

I did a search for information about beaches along the Costa del Sol. The article that I came up with wasn't about naturism, but it said that, even on the popular non-naturist beaches, swimming suits are more of a suggestion than a requirement. It also said that beaches that are customarily used nude abound.

I wouldn't expect that to translate into a situation were you could walk nude down the streets of Madrid without consequence, but it does describe my kind of vacation spot.

Comment

Whilst there is no law against nudity in Spain, all it would take is a complaint from someone to have the police breathing down your neck, so as long as you keep to the quieter beaches or remote land you'll be OK.
              For anyone who thinks that the Spanish laws are liberal, try going nude on a town beach and see how long it takes the police to respond, of course where there is a "Naturistica Zona" sign you'll be OK, such as Vera Playa for instance.

This is a link to a leaflet detailing your rights in Spain, click HERE

The Spanish Naturist Federation can be found HERE

Spain is a lovely place, I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Pete Knight

Comment

quote:
                such as Vera Playa for instance.

and on the city beach in Barcelona Spain.

See narrative under "Mar Bella Beach" on the following web site;

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.c...n-beaches.html

Comment

quote:
                  I understand there is no law against walking around nude in England too.
                  Check how that's going with your famous Naked Rambler.

There is no specific law in England that prohibits nudity, but there are public order laws that can be, and have been, used against inappropriate nudity, namely if the nudity is deemed to constitute a behaviour that "is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress". In most cases, the naked person/people would simply be arrested and detained in the police cells for a few hours and then released on bail, but the local Crown Prosecutor would decide that the time spent in custody was sufficient and so charges and a prosecution would not be expedient (i.e. the costs would not be in the public interest).

Stu

Comment

In New Zealand there is no law that prohibits "innocent", non sexual nudity, but it is limited to places , where nudity can be reasonably expected, such as established nude beaches or beaches large enough to allow behaviour different from the (textile) norm.

Now summer is here , every 14 days the local Free beach group meets at a public beach here in Christchurch, just 5 minutes walk away from a surfclub, no problem as the beach is big and the numbers small

Comment

Nice to hear that there are places in the world where a common-sense attitude towards nudity exists.

Comment

Spain law says it is permissible to be nude anywhere as long as it doesn‘t cause a disturbance

Beaches

Fields

Lakes

Parks

Rivers

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by uskman:
                          This was discussed in its appropriate forum, Legal Issues, some time ago; perhaps you could find it there. As I recall, there is at least one state/province where nudity is recognized in the law as a basic human right, and cannot be legally prosecuted there. Someone posted the actual law. Our young lady friend from Spain, Jennifer Lopez, gave a really good description of its effect, in that social control of nudity still held adequate sway over any rampant nudity without the need for depriving people of property and/or liberty for nudity.

Comment

Mare bella beach is a real naturist city beach. No need to walk an hour to reach it! The beach is along a very crowded walking path. No need to hide you. Simply take off you your clothes, take a shower and take advantage of the sun and of the see!

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by nude4life:
                              Mare bella beach is a real naturist city beach. Simply take off your clothes, take a shower and take advantage of the sun and of the see!

Take a shower?
                              Is this a normal practice at European nude beaches?

Comment

Working...
                              X