when there are no nude places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when there are no nude places

I live in northern NY, we have no nudist or naturists places to go up here without driving half a day one way. I go to a beach where we are overlooked, tollerated,I have skinnydipped at night with others. As many of you know I have nude sunbathed in my back yard, even done yardwork, but I have know idea if thats legal or not. what I would really like is to find others who live up here to get something started. But it seems when you leave central and western NY, the word nude is not in the vocabulary, forgive spelling. Any discussion on this topic would be appreciated.

I live in northern NY, we have no nudist or naturists places to go up here without driving half a day one way. I go to a beach where we are overlooked, tollerated,I have skinnydipped at night with others. As many of you know I have nude sunbathed in my back yard, even done yardwork, but I have know idea if thats legal or not. what I would really like is to find others who live up here to get something started. But it seems when you leave central and western NY, the word nude is not in the vocabulary, forgive spelling. Any discussion on this topic would be appreciated.

Comment

Rat,

My five cents, for what it's worth.

I would have thought your first course of action would be to find as many others as possible in your area who share your interest. Perhaps start off having naturist parties in yours (and their) homes. When there are sufficient numbers then you would be in a position to petition the authorities for designated naturist places.

Whatever you do keep it legal. You want to win friends and thereby be able to influence people.

Stu

Comment

Well, Riverrat, I'm in your area. To get something started in this area, you would have to find a way to reach local people with the message. This being an international forum, the members will be spread far and wide. So the likelihood of many others in our area being here is quite slim. Perhaps a short ad in the Pennysaver, advertising a Yahoo group for example, for Northern New York Naturists or whatever group you belong to, or would want to start, would at least let local folks know there are other naturists in the area, and provide a place for contact. Just a thought. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. Going to the beach soon? Let me know, if I am available, I'll go along.

Comment

Hey Ratt....Good luck I hope you have success. fns is absolutely right you need to figure out how to reach the local folks. There are non-landed clubs in Rochester,Buffalo, and one in Blasdale.All in western NY.

If none are close, call them, and see if they have any contacts close to you. They may even assist you in starting your own club, and give you some ideas how to find others.

Good luck
          ercNY

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by stu2630:
            [qb] Rat,

I would have thought your first course of action would be to find as many others as possible in your area who share your interest. Perhaps start off having naturist parties in yours (and their) homes. When there are sufficient numbers then you would be in a position to petition the authorities for designated naturist places.

Whatever you do keep it legal. You want to win friends and thereby be able to influence people.

Stu [/qb]
            Stu you've kinda changed your tune, could you be a nudist wannabe?

Comment

FNS, so you are nearby, you probably do Southwichs beach, so you know where I'm comming from, A great beach and nudist friendly, usually?
              ERCNY, these are the places that are to far to drive for a day trip. I do plan to go to Buckridge this summer with a camper and spend a few days
              if my new job gives the time. Thanx, like FNS said, this is an international group if all I get is two responses what does that say? LATER

Comment

True Ratt True....But these places all started just like you. When you contact them pick their brains, find out how they got started. I am sure they would be more than happy to give you advice.

Here in the Albany area Northern Exposure Sun Club has a web sight (which is how I have met local nudists)they also set up a booth at local fairs, and people are able to ask questions about nude recreation.

Point is you have many nudists close by, and you just need to give them a way to get to know ech other. Just get creative, all clubs start at ground zero.....don't loose hope just keep trying.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by RIVERRAT:
                  [qb] FNS, so you are nearby, you probably do Southwichs beach, so you know where I'm comming from, A great beach and nudist friendly, usually?
                  [/qb]
                  It's sometimes nudist friendly, when the rangers aren't there, which is rare, but if they are, look out. And if they are, you likely won't know it till it's too late. I was there today, canude in. Not many people, no nudes, it was windy. But I was thinking of your idea, and I do think it's time to get a publicity campaign of some sort going in this area.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by stu2630:
                    [qb] Rat,

Stu [/qb]

Comment

Hi,

I have some great clothing to wear that promotes the cause and brings a smile to everyones face. They are T-shirts, visors, and tank tops that read: " Go Nood"

If anyone is interested to purchase, you can email me at [email protected] I can email pics.
                      prices are as follows:
                      T -shirt: 12.99 + s/h
                      Tank top: 11.99 + s/h
                      Visor: 6.99 + s/h

Comment

Rat,

"Stu you've kinda changed your tune, could you be a nudist wannabe? "

The tune is the same as always. I guess I felt a bit sorry for you not being able to do the thing you love doing without having to travel vast distances.

I just wanted to make a couple of suggestions to be helpful. That's all.

I'm very happy with the title conferred on me soon after I first came here - "honorary nudist". I would regard "wannabe nudist" as a demotion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

ERCNY, good ideas, but still the north country, maybe just to cold?
                          FNS, yes we do take our chances at Southwichs, I went there as a teen and again in 95, and every year since. I know the risks. Yes it would be nice to get something started, I've seen many nudes there in the last few years, mostly men, but I have noticed a few topless women, not just in the nude area but before, also I've met one nude womenwith her husband,also nude. we can just keep trying, I will be nude at the beach this summer. It's a shame that in this beautiful place we don't have a place to be nude.
                          Thanx Stu, keep up the good work, opposition makes us work harder.

Comment

If you are in New york near lake george, some friends of my family that live there go skinnydipping quite often, I'm not sure where on the lake though.

I'll be spending a whole nude week with them though!!

Comment

Working...
                            X