Expressions related to nudity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expressions related to nudity

There are lots of funny or weird expressions that relate to nudity and nudism. What can you add to this list?

Nudist colony
    Prancing around nude
    Running around nude
    Parading it down the beach (erection)
    Waving it around (erection)
    Naked as a Jay bird
    Stark naked
    Buck naked
    Butt naked

Gary

There are lots of funny or weird expressions that relate to nudity and nudism. What can you add to this list?

Nudist colony
    Prancing around nude
    Running around nude
    Parading it down the beach (erection)
    Waving it around (erection)
    Naked as a Jay bird
    Stark naked
    Buck naked
    Butt naked

Gary

Comment

AU NATURAL ?

Comment

nekkid
        nuddy
        wearing your birthday suit
        naked as the day he/she was born
        starkers (this might be an aussie term!)

Comment

Of course we'd have to add...Bare...Bare-a**ed and let it all hang out...Outdoor bare [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Not a stich on
            Bare assed (or arssed if your Irish)

Comment

EXHIBITIONIST !!!

Comment

There are some terms that someone else referred to as 'media baby talk' when talking about nudism. These are words seldom used in any other context:

cavort - cavorting
                frolic - frolicing
                prance - prancing

apparently nudists move in a way entirely different from clothed people, thus requiring special verbs.

Words I've heard nudists use:

playing nakey (also sounds a bit like baby talk)
                canuding

-Mark

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Naturist Mark:
                  [qb]apparently nudists move in a way entirely different from clothed people, thus requiring special verbs. [/qb]
                  that is a very funny observation mark - might see if i can't work it into a cartoon sometime!

Comment

Every Australian seems to know what "in the nicky" means and this expression is used by most Australians with great affection and absolutely no sense of shock etc.
                    On reflection, maybe this is a West Australian term. Perhaps one of those alien people on the other side of the rabbit proof fence could enlighten me on this.

Comment

How about "In The Buff"? A widely used term for many years, has now taken on new meanings.
                      My daughter once refered to a boy in school as " Buff" or "Buffed", meaning he had been working out and had built up his muscles. Then the term "Buff" changed to mean a good looking. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
                      The funniest thing I've heard was on a TV show. "Slap me naked and call me wanda!" ( Never quite understood that one) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I could have missed something but everyone seems to have forgotten the most obvious term related to nudity ... clothesfree. This term and the related term topfree are interesting to me because they suggest clothes are a prison and not something that a naked person lacks. The words clothesfree and topless are examples of how words can be used to subtly convey ideological messages.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Naturist Mark:
                          [qb] There are some terms that someone else referred to as 'media baby talk' when talking about nudism... [/qb]
                          Yours truly. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Buzzer: "Au Natural"
                          Not really. It's just a different language, French, for "in the nude." And it's spelled au naturel. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

hw: "Well slap me naked..."
                          Did'ja ever notice how Charlie Brown gets knocked nekkid when someone hits his pitches? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Rex:
                            [qb] Every Australian seems to know what "in the nicky" ... maybe this is a West Australian term. Perhaps one of those alien people on the other side of the rabbit proof fence could enlighten me on this. [/qb]
                            can't say i've heard of it rex, it may be something only you sandgropers* use! (btw i lived in perth as a kid, not born there though)
                            *for those outside oz - this is a term for western australian!
                            stephen

Comment

A dear lady friend once told me she cleaned house "in the nuddy" on hot days.

Au naturel actually means what it appears to: according to nature. The ordinary French word for naked is nu.

Comment

Working...
                              X