Happened on a beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happened on a beach

When reading Rainyday's stories in my mind came this true story. Once on beach here when a girl about 20 years old was changing to swimming suit. She first took herself topless and then put the her swimming top on. I wondered why she put the top on when there were many topless on the beach and she had yet showed her breasts. Same happened little later with her bottom. Nobody cared of it.

When reading Rainyday's stories in my mind came this true story. Once on beach here when a girl about 20 years old was changing to swimming suit. She first took herself topless and then put the her swimming top on. I wondered why she put the top on when there were many topless on the beach and she had yet showed her breasts. Same happened little later with her bottom. Nobody cared of it.

Comment

um, ok.

Comment

What I can't understand with women is, in this day and age of many women going topless, when one is caught naked by a camera or a person walking into the same room, why do they cover up their chest area first?

Comment

< >

Sauna, not sure I follow some of the details of your post. But I get the main point, but isn't quite common in various variants. In fact also "nudists" sport similar behaviour. Two examples that spring to mind are the sight of covering up with towels (especially with males I find it very odd looking; this seems particularly a common habbit in the UK). And secondly that will often around and in the pool area a "nude-obligatory" rule holds and is followed, it is not all that common that away from the pool people will quickly cover up (seen on many european naturist campsites).

In the end everyone should probably decide more or less for themselves what they are comfortable with, but illogical behaviour is not limited to textiles only....

Comment

quote:
            when one is caught naked by a camera or a person walking into the same room, why do they cover up their chest area first?

Reminds me of a joke about a minister, priest and rabbi who were skinny dipping at a local river. Suddenly a group of women hikers came upon them. They all ran for cover with the priest and minister covering their genitalia and the rabbi covering his face. Later, the minister and priest asked him why he didn't cover his penis when the women appeared? "Well", he said, "I don't know how you all preach, but in my synagogue they're more apt to recognize my face".

Dave

Comment

quote:
              I wondered why she put the top on when there were many topless on the beach and she had yet showed her breasts.

I've witnessed this on the beaches of France and with friends. It's not that uncommon. Some women go topless strictly for sunbathing, and will put their tops back on to walk around or go swimming.

It's more rare at a resort, but I've seen women sunbathe and swim nude, but then put on a towel or sarong to walk around. I knew one teen who would be in and out of her t-shirt all day long; it didn't make sense to me , but it was her choice

It's a form of prudishness.

Comment

Maybe her boyfriend/husband thinks tan-lines are sexy? Some guys are into that....

Comment

In Germany, I frequently noticed people change on the beach. To me, it is no big deal if people want to wear a swimsuit or not.

Personally, I tend to cover up my genital area when the sun or the bug count is high. Indeed, it seems to me I'm often uncovering at the others are beginning to cover.

Comment

When I was a child we lived abroad. I remember once at a pool a woman took off her suit was nude then dried off and got dressed. My parents told me that it was fine to do this but to look at them while they were nude was considered rude. Men did the same thing. Different cultures do differently. Nude or not who cares.

J

Comment

I think it might be a false modesty thing. A long time ago my cousin from Denmark once visited us when I was a kid and we took her to a nice mountain lake/park. Well she wasted no time with going up to the public bathrooms she just did as you described and took off her top and then put on a bikini top and repeated the procedure on the bottom. I might add in front of a rather astonished north American family. I think had she been back in her native Denmark she would have gone topless or even nude but was trying to be sensitive to her prudish north American relatives curious customs.

Comment

I saw the weirdest thing once...

Clifton 4th Beach in Cape Town. Not a nude beach, but a good proportion of the women go topless in peak season.

4 friends and I sitting there and this girl picks a spot about 5 metres away from us. We wonder whether she will go topless too, since we're guys and she was kinda cute... No apologies, I'm afraid.

Anyway, she doesn't take her top off while she gets changed; she manages to get her bra off under her t-shirt and get her bikini top on, much to our disappointment. I guess topless suntanning on a public, crowded beach is not everyone's cup of tea.

But then - and I swear to you that this is true - she takes her skirt and panties off and stands up, naked from the belly-button down, to put her bikini bottom on. It was practically gynecology, right there on the beach! We were stunned.

I thought I was brazen when it comes to changing at the beach, but I think she won it that day.

cheers
                        -d-

Comment

In the early 70s while on a family vacation we went to the beach at the Great Salt Lake in Utah. We all had to wait in long lines to use the crappy changing booths (nasty little shacks) on the beach in order to change into our suits. After we had all changed and set up on the beach we saw a group of about 6 arrive, set their belongings on the beach, stand in a circle and changed into their suits right there. No waiting, no problems.

My dad (the minister) said they were the most sensible people on the beach. I still wonder how he would have reacted to nudism ...

-Mark

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Naturist Mark:
                            In the early 70s while on a family vacation we went to the beach at the Great Salt Lake in Utah. We all had to wait in long lines to use the crappy changing booths (nasty little shacks) on the beach in order to change into our suits. After we had all changed and set up on the beach we saw a group of about 6 arrive, set their belongings on the beach, stand in a circle and changed into their suits right there. No waiting, no problems.

My dad (the minister) said they were the most sensible people on the beach. I still wonder how he would have reacted to nudism ...

-Mark

Probably in a very natural and relaxed way...

Comment

You see a lot of 'flash' nudity at the beach, especially from surfers. They get behind their open car/truck doors and change into their suits and when finished, change right back. Nothing is ever said.

Comment

Working...
                              X