Witty Retorts to Your Nudity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witty Retorts to Your Nudity

I was recently at the sauna of my gym. I laid out a towel on the bench, and was sitting there nude. Not aroused. Not leering. Just seated minding own business. It is not against the rules to be nude in the sauna of my gym, so I was not breaking any rules. A guy walked in, looked at me, made a face and said, "How Disgusting!"

As he walked away, I replied, "If you think my body is bad, you should see my credit report!"

At one time or another, we all hear, stupid remarks from people about our nudity.

What is the funniest thing you said in response to a remark made about your nudity?

I was recently at the sauna of my gym. I laid out a towel on the bench, and was sitting there nude. Not aroused. Not leering. Just seated minding own business. It is not against the rules to be nude in the sauna of my gym, so I was not breaking any rules. A guy walked in, looked at me, made a face and said, "How Disgusting!"

As he walked away, I replied, "If you think my body is bad, you should see my credit report!"

At one time or another, we all hear, stupid remarks from people about our nudity.

What is the funniest thing you said in response to a remark made about your nudity?

Comment

MikeyBear1964: I experienced the same thing, being nude in a sauna, when someone walked in made a statement about my being nude. But as luck had it, a couple of other guys walked in from the shower, nude, and laid out their towels and had a seat. The gentleman, who made the statement, quickly left. Oh well.

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is. The gym I used to go to it was the accepted thing that everyone went in the steam room naked and just sat on a towel. No-one seemed to care, just sitting around enjoying the steam.

Comment

nekidprof: Exactly the point. The sauna I was describing is located in the male locker room just outside the showers. It's not like we have never seen a naked man before. Some people just have their hang ups. Happy sweatings.

Comment

I think the topic here is good comebacks to negative comments re nudity not what is or is not proper attire in a sauna. Anyway, enough quibbling. One response I use is: "if god saw fit to create me this way who am I to argue?". Since bible thumpers seem to make up the majority of the anti-nudity crowd, this often opens up a discussion of their misconceptions re genesis. Actually the Adam and Eve bit is just a silly fairy tale (although an extremely destructive one) but hold off on mentioning this for another time.

Comment

In the gym that I used to go to until I moved also had a sauna in the men's locker room. I would say that most guys used the sauna nude including myself. I know that it wasn't against gym rules because the owner would actually use the sauna too in the buff.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Baron Lake:
                [qb] ....Actually the Adam and Eve bit is just a silly fairy tale (although an extremely destructive one)....[/qb]
                People, both those who are religious and those who are not, have varying views about the nature of the Adam and Eve story. There are many who believe it is literally true. There are probably more who see it as "myth," in the classical sense of a myth being a story that, while not literally true, conveys the core beliefs and values of a culture. This is the first time I've ever seen it described as "a silly fairy tale."

Granted that there is plenty of misuse of the Bible for harm, I'm at a loss to understand why this story is "extremely destructive." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never said anything funny in response to a rude remark about using the sauna nude, because I've never heard a rude remark.

Each locker room at our health club has both a sauna and a steam room located just outside the shower room. In the sauna some men use their towels to cover up, but most do not. Whatever your personal preference is, it's not an issue.

I've never seen anyone take a towel into the steam room. A towel would just get wet. The club provides a roll of tear-off plastic mats to sit on (similar to the bags used at the supermarket for veggies). The routine for the steam room is to hang your towel outside and take a plastic mat with you to sit on.

Comment

If I remember my Genesis story correctly both Adam and Eve were nude and not ashamed until after they had eaten the forbidden fruit. The devil told them that they should be ashamed of thier nudity. Up until then, they didn't have a problem with being nude and neither did God.

Comment

Shucks!!!!You should have come by Monday, I was dressed to go to Wal-Mart.

Comment

Baron, I think you have the best line for the RRR:

"if god saw fit to create me this way who am I to argue?"

Bob S.

Comment

The guy who said "How disgusting." was no gentleman, in my opinion. I wonder if he showers clothed ?

Comment

How about:

"If God had desired us to always wear clothes:

He would have created us with a zipper."

or

We would have been born in a permanent pair of levi's."

And yes, we truly are decendants of Adam and Eve.

Smoof

Comment

Working...
                            X