Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are lifeguards at nude beaches, clothed or nude?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are lifeguards at nude beaches, clothed or nude?

    There are no nude beaches near where I live, so I have no first hand (or first body!!) knowledge.

    What is the case at your favourite beach?

    If they are clothed, why?

    Perhaps, it depends on whether the beach is a nude beach or a clothing optional beach?

  • #2
    There are no nude beaches near where I live, so I have no first hand (or first body!!) knowledge.

    What is the case at your favourite beach?

    If they are clothed, why?

    Perhaps, it depends on whether the beach is a nude beach or a clothing optional beach?

    Comment


    • #3
      The lifeguards at Gunnison wear standard swimsuits. I don't think they have any choice in the matter due to labor laws. On one occasion, one lifeguard stuck around and socialized a bit with nudists after her shift was over. She still did not undress. So I wonder if they are forbidden to join in at all.

      Comment


      • #4
        yes thier are L/Gs at the beach i use (holywell bay in the uk)they are clothed.

        Comment


        • #5
          None of the C/O beaches around Melbourne (there are 4) are patrolled. Not sure why that is. I guess it's just a lack of funding.

          Comment


          • #6
            Lifeguards need to be instantly recognizable, so I doubt there would be any place you could go where the lifeguards would be nude. And why would anyone care?

            Comment


            • #7
              The function of a life guard is just that saving lives. In doing so close physical contact with anyone in distress is a perquisite, and part of the job or function. In doing so close contact while nude with the same or opposite gender especially with the young or anyone during rescue or resuscitation or CPR could be would be a liability, and possibly legal concern.

              Off duty, a life guard may feel they are on duty if they are working or not, may not be a nudist, or could be a requirement of the job, just as persons who do massage are obligated to be clothed or covered in some States or Countries.

              Comment


              • #8
                At San Onofre the life guards all wear a standard uniform. Again they have to be approachable by the general popular public both nude and non-nude. I have seen some of them take their suits off and go nude after work but most don't for what ever reason. I would guess that some of the reason might be fear of losing their job.

                Comment


                • #9
                  At Hanlan's Point Beach in Toronto the lifeguard stand is on the textile part of the beach. As I recall, the guards wore some standard uniform.

                  The pool lifeguards at the travelling club I have attended also wore their standard uniform (T-shirts?). In both cases they were employees of a local government and not nudists. How can one expect them to "dress" like the rest of us? I am gratefull for their services at all.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by NakedGary:
                    The function of a life guard is just that saving lives. In doing so close physical contact with anyone in distress is a perquisite, and part of the job or function. In doing so close contact while nude with the same or opposite gender especially with the young or anyone during rescue or resuscitation or CPR could be would be a liability, and possibly legal concern.

                    Off duty, a life guard may feel they are on duty if they are working or not, may not be a nudist, or could be a requirement of the job, just as persons who do massage are obligated to be clothed or covered in some States or Countries.


                    This thread shows that customs can be very different outside the USA and Canada. I interviewed one of many lifeguards at Euronat, a huge naturist complex near Bordeaux in southern France on the Atlantic coast. Both the young men and women were nude for their whole shifts - and why not? All the people they helped or rescued also were nude.

                    Conversely, in Canada's largest city, Toronto, there are clothed lifeguards in the (usually empty) textile section of Hanlan's Point Beach, which is governed by the city. The naturist section gets hundreds of people on summer weekends, but somehow doesn't warrant its own lifeguards - clothed or not. Go figure.

                    (Pic below shows Frederic, the lifeguard I interviewed in France. They can be spotted from far away with their walkie talkies or flippers, and all carry whistles. The ATV is never far behind.)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i would think they would have some kind of suit on so you could identify them quickly. i have only been in pools where it is swim at your own risk.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by Journeyman:
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by NakedGary:
                        The function of a life guard is just that saving lives. In doing so close physical contact with anyone in distress is a perquisite, and part of the job or function. In doing so close contact while nude with the same or opposite gender especially with the young or anyone during rescue or resuscitation or CPR could be would be a liability, and possibly legal concern.

                        Off duty, a life guard may feel they are on duty if they are working or not, may not be a nudist, or could be a requirement of the job, just as persons who do massage are obligated to be clothed or covered in some States or Countries.


                        This thread shows that customs can be very different outside the USA and Canada. I interviewed one of many lifeguards at Euronat, a huge naturist complex near Bordeaux in southern France on the Atlantic coast. Both the young men and women were nude for their whole shifts - and why not? All the people they helped or rescued also were nude.

                        Conversely, in Canada's largest city, Toronto, there are clothed lifeguards in the (usually empty) textile section of Hanlan's Point Beach, which is governed by the city. The naturist section gets hundreds of people on summer weekends, but somehow doesn't warrant its own lifeguards - clothed or not. Go figure.

                        (Pic below shows Frederic, the lifeguard I interviewed in France. They can be spotted from far away with their walkie talkies or flippers, and all carry whistles. The ATV is never far behind.)


                        Lifeguard at a nude beach . . I must consider a job change! Talk about business casual

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We use each other as our beaches at Tahoe have no Lifeguards either.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            LOL! BackpackerBrian

                            The lifeguards I've seen are clothed. With good reason I might add, the physical contact issue when attempting to save someone's life. I think it would be look unprofessional. Lifeguards are there to do a job.

                            But I guess in France they don't care all that much.



                            quote:
                            Originally posted by BackpackerBrian:
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by Journeyman:
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by NakedGary:
                            The function of a life guard is just that saving lives. In doing so close physical contact with anyone in distress is a perquisite, and part of the job or function. In doing so close contact while nude with the same or opposite gender especially with the young or anyone during rescue or resuscitation or CPR could be would be a liability, and possibly legal concern.

                            Off duty, a life guard may feel they are on duty if they are working or not, may not be a nudist, or could be a requirement of the job, just as persons who do massage are obligated to be clothed or covered in some States or Countries.


                            This thread shows that customs can be very different outside the USA and Canada. I interviewed one of many lifeguards at Euronat, a huge naturist complex near Bordeaux in southern France on the Atlantic coast. Both the young men and women were nude for their whole shifts - and why not? All the people they helped or rescued also were nude.

                            Conversely, in Canada's largest city, Toronto, there are clothed lifeguards in the (usually empty) textile section of Hanlan's Point Beach, which is governed by the city. The naturist section gets hundreds of people on summer weekends, but somehow doesn't warrant its own lifeguards - clothed or not. Go figure.

                            (Pic below shows Frederic, the lifeguard I interviewed in France. They can be spotted from far away with their walkie talkies or flippers, and all carry whistles. The ATV is never far behind.)


                            Lifeguard at a nude beach . . I must consider a job change! Talk about business casual

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              [QUOTE]Originally posted by fredm74:
                              LOL! BackpackerBrian

                              The lifeguards I've seen are clothed. With good reason I might add, the physical contact issue when attempting to save someone's life. I think it would be look unprofessional. Lifeguards are there to do a job.
                              But I guess in France they don't care all that much. [QUOTE]

                              Fredm74 - I assure you the lifeguards at Euronat were completely professional and well trained. Frederic, for example, was taking his Bachelor's degree in Phys Ed and working summers at Euronat.

                              I don't understand why naturists would be afraid of physical contact with nude lifeguards if you're nude yourself. They are most certainly there to do a lifesaving job and nothing else. Indeed, on my visit, I saw several of them race to the water to try and save a man who had had a heart attack. He was soon airlifted to Bordeaux, but died en route.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X