Back yard "office"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back yard "office"

I live in very traditional suburban neighborhood with rather small lots, chain-link fences and not a ton of privacy. But I've decided that this summer I'm going to have a little out-door time. So, I've set myself up on my back patio with the house on one side and the enclosed back porch on another. On the 3rd side is a slightly overgrown bush. I've formed a 4th wall out of an old bunkbed board that I've raised about 6 inches off the ground with a small plant table, thus creating about a 4-ft high barricade, then care fully positioned an extra chair with a blanket over it, and set my computer on a TV table with a towel over it and the screen positioned to provide a little more protection. Basically, I'm sitting here in my new little 4-ft x 6ft office, with full view of my own back yard and the yards around me, but all aqnyone can see is that I'm shirtless.

So here I am, conducting business and talking with clients on the phone from in my own back yard, fully nude, feeling very much out in the open, but perfectly safe from any potentially troublesome sights.

I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. :-)

Lee

Excellent!

I've got enouh fences around me that I can sit in a couple of different areas of our backyard to read and write reports in the summer (and even do some nude gardening).

Not today though - it was about 1 degree Celcius (or lower!) here this morning!

Comment

now there's the spirit!! great job and hope you continue to work from your space as long as the weather holds out!!

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by LeeR49:
        I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. :-)
        Lee

As well you should be!

Rich

Comment

Just hope that a wasp doesnt sting any
          of those exposed sites and you stand up!

Comment

LeeR49,

see, with a little immagination you can create your own little private space. Enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

I have a neighbor who telecommutes. Is a very enviable job. One can be nude all day while at work. Except for the web cam for conferencing this is an ideal situation. The local paper had an interview with a man who telecommutes. Some woman was complaining about that too.

Sheesh! Is there anything someone will not complain about???

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by LeeR49:

So here I am, conducting business and talking with clients on the phone from in my own back yard, fully nude, feeling very much out in the open, but perfectly safe from any potentially troublesome sights.

Lee

Good for you. When we take initiative to create our own opportunities we end up with more opportunities. That's obvious, but it's a point that a lot of people never figure out.

Privacy isn't an issue for me, but I haven't found it very productive to take my computer outside. That's partly because then I don't have an internet connection. I've about decided to set myself up for wireless before too much longer.

Comment

Working...
                X