Public nudity -- how risky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public nudity -- how risky?

From personal experience, I think that being nude in public is more feasible than many people think. One reason is that most people are so focused on what they are doing at the moment, or where they are going, that they don't pay attention to what's happening around them.

Example: Last summer, on a hot and humid day, I drove through a major city in a compact car, completely nude.

During part of the trip, I travelled through a neighbourhood business district -- narrow two lane streets, heavy traffic and lots of traffic lights, many people on the streets. My average speed was only about 10 mph.

I watched carefully to see if anyone suspected that I was nude, so that I could cover up. Being a two-lane street, the sight lines of people in vehicles were such that they could only tell that I was wearing no shirt.

As I was driving along, or stopped at traffic lights, I noticed that, while pedestrians would look for any moving vehicle while crossing the street, they never looked at the driver, only at the front of the vehicle (for their own safety).

Also, people walking along the street never looked sideways at the traffic beside them. If they had (as I discovered to my horror later), from a distance of about 10 feet someone of adult height could see all of me from head to lap (to put it delicately) through the passenger side window. Thankfully, no one was interested in the traffic beside them.

During the whole trip of about an hour, I don't think that I made eye contact with anyone. As a driver of a car, I was effectively invisible.

I now regularly drive nude with confidence on highways or in the city on four-lane roads (staying in the left lane so that pedestrians travelling in the same direction can't see below my waist.).

Recently, I pulled into a gas station that allowed payment by credit card at the pump. I was tempted to gas up nude, but chickened out.

Can anyone else describe other situations where they were nude in public but effectively invisible?

Gary

From personal experience, I think that being nude in public is more feasible than many people think. One reason is that most people are so focused on what they are doing at the moment, or where they are going, that they don't pay attention to what's happening around them.

Example: Last summer, on a hot and humid day, I drove through a major city in a compact car, completely nude.

During part of the trip, I travelled through a neighbourhood business district -- narrow two lane streets, heavy traffic and lots of traffic lights, many people on the streets. My average speed was only about 10 mph.

I watched carefully to see if anyone suspected that I was nude, so that I could cover up. Being a two-lane street, the sight lines of people in vehicles were such that they could only tell that I was wearing no shirt.

As I was driving along, or stopped at traffic lights, I noticed that, while pedestrians would look for any moving vehicle while crossing the street, they never looked at the driver, only at the front of the vehicle (for their own safety).

Also, people walking along the street never looked sideways at the traffic beside them. If they had (as I discovered to my horror later), from a distance of about 10 feet someone of adult height could see all of me from head to lap (to put it delicately) through the passenger side window. Thankfully, no one was interested in the traffic beside them.

During the whole trip of about an hour, I don't think that I made eye contact with anyone. As a driver of a car, I was effectively invisible.

I now regularly drive nude with confidence on highways or in the city on four-lane roads (staying in the left lane so that pedestrians travelling in the same direction can't see below my waist.).

Recently, I pulled into a gas station that allowed payment by credit card at the pump. I was tempted to gas up nude, but chickened out.

Can anyone else describe other situations where they were nude in public but effectively invisible?

Gary

Comment

Well, providing you aren't just making this story up, I suggest you keep your credit card in the glove compartment for the day that the cops finally pull you over & arrest you for indecent exposure. You'll need it to be bailed out of jail.

Comment

my girlfriend said last summer that she could cut our grass in the nude and nobody would know she was nude she bet 100 dollars well she came out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a painted on bikini she cut our whole lot 90x150 nude and stood talking to a nieghbor lady about 100 foot away without ever being noticed we,ve both done it since but i never face the road when somone drives by unless im being covered by the lawnmower this is not lewd nor indecent as iam trying to hide myself. please i would love to hear comments on this

Comment

Well, if I wasn't sure if Gordon was making his story up, I definitely know that YOU are.

Comment

I enjoy hiking in the nude. Often when I finish a hike I drive home in the nude. I keep a towel on the seat to I can cover up if I have to stop at a light and may draw attention. I have only been discovered once when a passenger in a taller SUV to the right of me could see I was nude. I simply accelerated ahead of them. When driving nude I generally keep to the right lane so I am not exposed to people in higher vehicles, and I always stay just under the speed limit so I don't troll for troopers. I have enjoyed driving nude on many trips.

Comment

I have driven around our city nude on several occasions. Although the highway is always safest, what Gordon says about the line of sight is true...look around next time you drive. Unless you are in a very high vehicle you cannot see another driver from the waist down. One time I drove from the garage of my house to the pizza shop nude. I parked at the end of the lot with no other cars around...slipped on my shorts and shirt and got my pizza. When I got back to my car I stripped and drove home into my garage. I keep a towel close to cover in case of emergency.

Comment

I am impressed with how bold some of you are.

I had to laugh at the story about the girlfriend with the painted-on bikini. The skeptical among us are waiting for Rtsteel80 to post a photo of her.

My travel club is talking about a nude canoe trip down a river. They did it once, before I joined. Of that trip, they report that someone else paddled ahead and tattled on them and had the sheriff waiting for them. But a kind stranger warned them and they had time to dress before the sheriff saw them. My friends say that the strategy is to paddle fast enough so that no one gets ahead of you and has a chance to report you to the sheriff.

The goal is not to offend people, but simply be nude in nature in an unobtrusive manner.

Comment

Dukhat it realy is a shame that in our society that you cant trust someone for what they say. you need to hang with a different group i guess, any way it is true and she did we both did actually. she got the idea from an old sports illistrated swimsuit edition. opps sorry dukhat winter of 99 i will reserch everything for you from now on so its in black and white no bare area! (i meant gray area sorry) as far as the picture i cant catch her with the cammera with her clothes on. but i am working on it. but dukhat if i can, i will and i,ll have it notorized just for you.

Comment

Don't take it personally, pal. There's a ton of people who post things here that I think are pure BS. Although I'm no Einstein, I like to think that I'm smart enough to tell when someone's telling the truth and when they're just yanking my chain. But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. And honestly, it makes no difference to me whether you did what you said or not.

Comment

ok fine i,ll relaxe guess i over reacted (again) but if you ever get a willing female try it together its fun and if you keep your distance nobody even knows no harm done i just wonder how the courts would react to that. i mean your trying not to be noticed o well who knows later

Comment

An easy way to go outside naked is obviously when its dark out. I regularly get out after dark for a stroll around the house (we are surrounded by homes, close-by...can't get too bold). On the otherhand, I do go out early, before sunrise and use the community pool and jacuzzi while naked, even though there is easy viewing from more than a dozen homes. It's like my own private world then...so go naked! Also, I too have noticed that driving naked can be done with ease, like the other posts note - the outside world does not notice. It's always good practice to have someting to quickly cover up - that make driving naked rather relaxing and easy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Rereading this topic reminded me of something that I did as a senior in college (Southern Baptist, no less). In April (or late March) was our Spring Break but unfortunately, I had to stay at the college to continue my student teaching. On the Friday and Saturday night before the weekend when everybody would be returning, I waited until very late (around 2-3 in the morning) and went to an unlit area of the campus to shed my clothes.

It was still cold at that time (around the lower to mid 50s) but I managed to stay out there walking around alone and naked for about ten to 15 minutes. Iyt felt so very refreshing.

I did my late night walk again when it got warmer in the week after exams and just before graduation. This time it was much warmer and it felt a lot better. I stayed out there for a longer time and actually dared to walk even into areas where light shone. I knew there was very little chance of getting caught because security was virtually non-existent, not too many people were around, and the openness of the area was such that I would probably be able to see others before they got close enough to me to tell that I was naked.

There was even a lake on campus and I was thinking of swimming in there, but I wasn't sure what was in there and swimming at alone at night is a bad idea anyway.

It was very exhilerating to wander around in the open air naked.

Bob S.

Comment

I too have driven in the nude even when it is raining out in seattle. But it has only been for a short distance. If I get up enough courage, maybe I will drive from my house to the nudist club in the nude how convenient. I also on a hot summer day have walked along the beach in the nude and when people pass me they usually dont say anything. I am concerned about the house that overlook the beach, so I usually cover up when I am near these houses. I would be interested in any other activites that can be done in the nude in an area that is not all that tolerant to public nudity. I have yet to go outside in the nude, because our neighbor overlooks our house in a two story building, he could see me and he probably would call the authorities. But there is a secluded park with hiking trails just up the road and when the weather get better I will do some nude hiking there and in the cascades. I am open to any other ideas to explore. [email protected]

Comment

As much as I love nudism I could not do some of the things you people do, like driving around with no clothes on. Anybody can be pulled over by the law. You could go through a license check. All kinds of things can happen. When that happens you will be in trouble for indecent exposure. If people on the side of a street can see that you are nude, some will be cool about it and some will call the law. I would not call the law on anybody for something like that. I hope none of you don't get in trouble but for me it is not worth the risk to drive around nude.

Comment

Working...
                              X