New! The Church of Naturism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New! The Church of Naturism

We nudists in North America have made very limited progress in gaining acceptance of nudity in (appropriate) public places. It's going to take 50 years, unless we can find a way to speed up the process.

For many of us, nudity is almost a religion. Why not take the extra step and formalize our beliefs into a new religion called The Church of Naturism?

Religions have more freedom to pursue their beliefs and interests than we nudists do, with much less likelihood of being hassled by civil authorities. Religions enjoy tax breaks too.

We could keep capital and operating costs down by holding many of our (nude) religious ceremonies outdoors, at beaches, parks, campsites and the like. We could have (nude) hiking, cycling and driving pilgrimages.

We could have altars in our back yards where we worship the sun (nude sunbathing) and the earth (nude gardening) and have religious feasts (nude barbecues).

We could do good works, perhaps emphasizing the protection and maintenance of the local environment and, in this way, gain public respect and acceptance.

Could this work for us?

Reverend Gary

We nudists in North America have made very limited progress in gaining acceptance of nudity in (appropriate) public places. It's going to take 50 years, unless we can find a way to speed up the process.

For many of us, nudity is almost a religion. Why not take the extra step and formalize our beliefs into a new religion called The Church of Naturism?

Religions have more freedom to pursue their beliefs and interests than we nudists do, with much less likelihood of being hassled by civil authorities. Religions enjoy tax breaks too.

We could keep capital and operating costs down by holding many of our (nude) religious ceremonies outdoors, at beaches, parks, campsites and the like. We could have (nude) hiking, cycling and driving pilgrimages.

We could have altars in our back yards where we worship the sun (nude sunbathing) and the earth (nude gardening) and have religious feasts (nude barbecues).

We could do good works, perhaps emphasizing the protection and maintenance of the local environment and, in this way, gain public respect and acceptance.

Could this work for us?

Reverend Gary

Comment

Oh no! Tell me your not being serious. Pleeese.

Rik

Comment

For me naturism is not a religion, though it may be for some. People start religions on all kinds of beliefs so why not?

Some call naturism a way of life or a lifestyle. I don't consider to be either. It's just simply one aspect of my life. However, it runs a very close second place to my Christian beliefs. I've even been guilty of skipping church to go to the resort because it was too nice a day to sit in church or anywhere indoors. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Gary Naturist:
          [qb]For many of us, nudity is almost a religion. Why not take the extra step and formalize our beliefs into a new religion called The Church of Naturism? Religions enjoy tax breaks too.

Reverend Gary[/qb]
          To start, you don't need to be a religion to be to be tax exempt. You can be tax exempt just to promote nudism. It is not all that hard to become tax exempt but it does take some time, mainly waiting for IRS approval. If you are really interested, let me know and I will send you some more information.

Comment

Working...
          X